Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    I second that.

IMO we are on a (short!!) transition phase - not only from the technological perspective but in consumer habits.

Let's just say that I doubt any car manufactured in this Hybrid/PHEV/whatever Era will ever be appreciated as the best ICE cars were/are/will be. Much less have the same reliability.

But this is being discussed on another thread.

JTSE30, Bundy and HotShoe like this.
  2. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Maybe, but you will still have a Tesla, and have to live with yourself for that.

3. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    so now Mclaren will build AWD car?

4. Timonous

Timonous Rookie

Oct 28, 2017
    Estonia
    My local salesman said base European price is 500000-550000 euros before taxes.

Silberpfeil likes this.
  5. Goodman

Goodman Rookie

Mar 2, 2015
    Brussels
    Full Name:
    George
    Are you sure about that?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Perhaps but it is much smoother and more fun IMO. The old F1 system is terrible compared to today's standard. It really feels dated and harsh. So much so that the F1 in the Enzo felt terrible to me compared to the 458 that I had at the time. Best of all was the good old gated setup in the F40.

BUT... I no longer care about "faster". I care about the experience. If I want fast I'd get a dedicated track car or a Ducati. Unless you take the car on the track all these numbers mean nothing other than bragging rights at the C&C.

IMHO the P4 is the greatest, most beautiful car design of all time. The SF90 doesn't deserve to even be mentioned in the same sentence. There isn't a rear three quarter angle that doesn't look like a hot mess. It looks like a Koening/West Coast Customs version of the F8 Tributto. I guess modern car design is now a gratuitous and exaggerated exercise focused on adding as much as possible to every inch of the car?

elmadi, day355, F2003-GA and 7 others like this.
  7. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    Is this a carbon tub chassis? If not, still way behind McLaren in this regard.

tekaefixe likes this.
  8. CeroEspada

CeroEspada Rookie

May 13, 2019
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Cero Azrael
    That video was McLaren propaganda though. The BMW 1200R beat it fairly well in the first match up.

Maggio23 likes this.
  9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    seems like they threw everything at it trying to make it look new and refreshing .. they failed in both respects from my point of view

10. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    That is less than a Lusso, isn't it?

11. thebigo

thebigo Karting

Feb 10, 2019
    I like both. My P85 is a beast as DD and for sure, the instant torque of an e-engine is unmatched. But I also love my 458, for totally different reasons. But I am quite sure, that the days of ICEs are over and this is not because of climate considerations, but because of far better performance.

12. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login One of the all time best looking automobiles, IMO.

13. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Is this confirmed? I thought it was close to 600k for base price? If 500k - they will sell every last one and then some.

14. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    If that is the base I imagine with options we should see $650k here in the US including tax and options?

15. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Autocar: Ferrari is remaining coy about the exact pricing figure for the SF90 Stradale, claiming it will be revealed next week once customer feedback is gathered.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I agree. The German dealer indicated €500k + tax base price, which is is €600k which would be close $700k in the US. And then come the options.

Some of onfusion comes from numbers thrown around without the currency ($ vs euro)

of2worlds likes this.
  17. aobao1993

aobao1993 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2017
    812 VS Has anyone got the latest news ?!

18. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Onto the name, I think it's absurdly pretentious referencing this car to the F1 car, they don't share any components from chassis, powertrain, aerodynamics or looks.

Suggesting it's the road going version of the SF90 is simply laughable, I'm puzzled they just got away with that lie.

19. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Now that they have a $600k plus car in the 2.5 second range I wonder how well a 812 VS will go...

20. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    This is the wrong place - try the 812VS thread......where there are no pictures so you won't not see them

LK1 likes this.
  21. xskier

xskier Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2013
    Wrong, study your mags a litte better

22. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    In the past when a new Fcar was released it already “sold out”. This indicates to me Ferrari is a little concerned about the Stradale. I doubt they will have any problems selling the ~3,000 that are rumored to be made. The real question is how strong will the demand be beyond those that routinely purchase the latest Fcar.

23. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    It's for Scuderia Ferrari's 90th anniversary, so the name applies to both cars.

24. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Five times more fun

Monsieur Yoge, HotShoe and BarryK like this.