Mondials For Sale | Page 77 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    All discussions of prices aside, it's nice to see a Mondial at Canepa. I grew up stopping by Bruce's dealership every day as a kid (my Dad was a customer and my school was a short walk away) and back then he sold all varieties of standards and exotics, from the wild and crazy to the more commonplace...so you'd see Countach's and Testarossa's along with 308's, 911's, Alfa's, Merc's, BMW's, etc. All really fun for a kid and very accessible.

Around the late 80's though Bruce started (wisely) to carve a niche for himself as the go-to guy for the crazy stuff. He got into building trucks for hauling cars, customizing cars (we had a beautiful BMW that he'd lowered and juiced the engine on a bit), and most famously - getting involved with finding specific cars for wealthy Bay Area guys...like the 959's he got for the computer titans and a well known comedian/Porsche guy...even developing the "show and display" law to make it happen.

Fast forward to today and Bruce pretty much sells only the best of the best....and it's expensive with a big "E". I checked out a 288 GTO he had there a while back (he let me sit in it just like when I was a kid!), he restored a stunning Daytona, and now of course he actually hotrods 959's. Absolutely bonkers cars. So as a fan of the Mondial, it's very gratifying to see this car featured on his site, being respected for what it is - a really, really cool car.

WilyB, paulchua, Temple and 1 other person like this.
  2. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    The last time I checked the bidding was around 25k with still a couple days to go. I remember thinking to myself “pretty strong bidding”. Anyone note/see how soon before the auction end was car pulled? And how high did the bidding get? I think it did sell, via a private “side-deal”.

Temple

3. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
  4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
  5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Change the V to a Z in the ad's VIN and you'll find the recent BHCC ebay listing.

ZFFKC33B000081656

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Ferrari-Mondial-Cabriolet-/223421835087?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

And correct, same photos.

From the BHCC online file cache:

Attached Files:

6. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Let's talk about the car as is at BHCC, not the scammer.

It actually presents pretty well for a driven car. I don't think it has 65,000 miles, that's probably in kilometers. In miles it would be 40,000 miles.

It's a Euro car. You can tell by not only the speedometer but the red fog lights in the rear, the lack of a third brake light, and the lack of those 2 bumper things in the front grill.

I assume it needs a major service.

I think $28 to $30,000 is the right price for it. JMHO

7. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    Hagerty just sent me a "Present Ferrari Market" and a '90 "t" such as mine is estimated at close to $50K. I am not selling, but it is my belief that the Mondials in general are priced very low compared to contemporary cars and this may be due to the myth of the high cost of ownership. It was back then a $100K+ car. So yes, maintenance is not in the same ballpark than a Nissan 300ZX or a period Mustang. But if you use competent mechanics, such as Competizione in MD or FMS in AZ, your Mondial will be maintained to the proper standards for a reasonable cost.

And low miles, at least as far as my "t" is concerned, are never an issue.

The Mondial, particularly the "t", is a beautiful classic car that attracts smiles, thumbs-up and complimentary comments from all ages, races and political convictions even in a town such as Portland, OR. I never had a nasty or aggressive comment.

paulchua, Mark C Harvey and Temple like this.
  8. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    What can I/we say? We Portlander’s have good taste (in cars!!).

Temple

paulchua and WilyB like this.
  9. Mark C Harvey

Mark C Harvey Karting

Jul 17, 2018
    West Hartford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mark C Harvey
    I also received that Hagerty guide. I suggest in future when selling...none of us accept less than the original list price, adjusted for inflation of course :cool:.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dino2400, paulchua and WilyB like this.
  10. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    they don’t differentiate between the 3.2 coupe vs 3.2 cab (price-wise)? Edit: oops, missed it. At least the prices reflect the rarity of the coupe vs the cab. Off the top of my head only 86-87 coupes came to the US vs 400 odd cabs.

Temple

Mark C Harvey and paulchua like this.
  11. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    If anyone here is looking for a near perfect QV coupe, I know of one for sale, red/tan, $34.5K. Serious interested buyers only can PM me. This is a private sale.

paulchua likes this.
  12. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Noticed your ad this morning you will have to let us know how you make out.

Scaledetails likes this.
  13. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
  14. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Wow, that is cheap, especially for a car with a fresh service. That shop, QV, has a very good reputation. I once used them for a PPI after they were recommended in the UK sub-forum here.

15. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    It is possible that this website has not been updates since long.....

Guido

16. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
  17. enzo52

enzo52 Karting

Aug 14, 2008
    France, Paris
    Full Name:
    Depensadie Seraphin
    Did anyone here went to see this nice light blue 3.2 mondial ? https://redbaycars.com/carsforsale.html
    I'm for a few weeks at an other continent and my eye fell on this one. So, sharing some information would be welcome.

paulchua likes this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It's our own resident here Stefan. I don't know anything about this car, but I have dealt with him with parts many times in the past and the experience has always been 10/10.

19. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Stefan knows these cars inside and out!! And I mean that literally!! If he has gone through the car mechanically and endorsed the car you can be quite sure it is as described. Stefan is well known here, I’m sure Paul’s experience with Stefan/Redbay is representative.

Temple

paulchua likes this.
  20. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    I saw the car on autoscout and agree; an outstanding color (and example)!! And certainly a reasonable price (Mondi’s fare better- sell for a higher price- in Europe than here in the US).

Temple

paulchua likes this.
  21. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Yes, indeed, the Azzurro car is one that I'm selling on behalf of a customer. I mean, this car is b r e a t h t a k i n g. Even a thousand pictures cannot capture its beauty. I had great fun with it last Sunday at the FMA trip in Antwerp. Among the more recent Ferraris, this was the one everyone was talking about.

WilyB, Temple and paulchua like this.
  22. enzo52

enzo52 Karting

Aug 14, 2008
    France, Paris
    Full Name:
    Depensadie Seraphin
    I go and look that car when back in Europe...when not sold in the mean time :)

23. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hi all I've been offered another Ferrair so I need to sell Betty she's done 16,500 miles from new. Full history. Every scrap of paper is there.
    Included is a full set of 5 absolutely unmarked original wheels and tyres.
    She's in the UK. In Kent just south of London. Recently serviced. New wheels & tyres

If anyone is interested please pm me.
    Copy paste the link below for pictures.

http://pc.cd/mS3

Thanks
    Jeff

24. Mondi88

Mondi88 Karting

Aug 4, 2014
    South West, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    davemqv likes this.
  25. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    #1925 sixcarbs, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    No affiliation.

'89 T Cab just popped up on Beverly Hills. Asking $37,500.

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1989-ferrari-mondial-t-cabriolet-c-9950.htm

I have a strong inclination that it is the same car as advertised here some time ago:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1989-ferrari-mondial-t-cabriolet.554378/

Since the 900 mile ago belt service was 2012 I offered him $34,000 subject to PPI. Since it is now at BH for $37,500 I would say he should have taken my offer. (Assuming it is the same car, which I believe it is.)