PPI Process.. Near Cleveland | FerrariChat

PPI Process.. Near Cleveland

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by GatedShiftFcar, May 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GatedShiftFcar

Apr 16, 2019
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Daniel Gould
    Hello All...

Yep, another PPI thread! Sorry... I am looking into car and would like a PPI by a Ferrari expert since this will be my first Ferrari.

The car is located East of Cleveland. I have seen many threads recommend Earl Gibbs from North Coast Exotics. However the car is about 65 miles from his shop. I am assuming I will not be able to take the car to him. I have done this before with Porsche cars and it’s fairly easy to find a qualified place pretty close to where the car is. I assume there are less available shops dedicated to Ferrari. Does Earl (or anyone) travel to look at a car? I know I can call and ask but figured I’d start here and also see if anyone knows of a place closer to Akron perhaps. The car is located in Cortland OH. It is a 1987 328 GTS.

Any insight or advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Dan

2. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    I would call Earl. He has the ability to travel for PPI's.

3. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    Against Earl here.
    Turned out he did work for the Dealer I was buying from. Hetold me my Clutch had 70% life
    When I started having random droputs of gear I took it into Ferrari & my Clutch had 1%

4. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    I have nothing to say by positive things about Earl. I am sorry to hear about your situation and I am not sure how or why that would have happened. Earl takes care of all of our F cars and has for quite sometime.

5. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    A lot of people do, but he chose a Dealer that he gets a lot of work from over Honesty in a PPI
    I guess I should have insisted I got everything in Writing, but everyone told me he was old School, so I assumed getting it all over the phone was to be expected... not getting it in Writing was my bad.
    It all turned out in the end because the car is solid now after a $12K bill for Clutch, TPMS and a few other things.