Classic Ferraris in the 2019 Mille Miglia | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Classic Ferraris in the 2019 Mille Miglia

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Marcel Massini, May 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rosso Passione

Rosso Passione Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    Belgio
    Full Name:
    Johan N
    5423 GT ?

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Most probably yes.

Marcel Massini

3. FastJimC

FastJimC Rookie

May 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Schultz
    Hold on. To be clear this guy did not belong in the event and he tried to join and then hit the rail? Another car? What exactly are we looking at? I'm angry just sitting in rush hour traffic. I can't even imagine how angry I would be if I just paid 20,000 euro to participate in an event and have this moron ruin it. Hope the polizia are close for his sake.

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Interesting first post.

Yes, that 330 GT 2+2 does not belong into the Mille Miglia (cars from 1927 to 1957 only) nor was it in the Ferrari Tribute to the MM. Last year already the guy just sneaked into the Fiera di Brescia during scrutineering with his silvergrey 330 GT 2+2.

Yes, there are dozens of "xxxxx" with all sorts of "classic" cars trying to squeeze in/somehow participate in the Mille Miglia. It gets worse and worse every year. A few years ago some "xxxxx" even drove to the starting ramp with a "Ferrari 500 Mondial Spider", a total FAKE and replica. He had even copied the starting numbers and sponsor decals.
    As for the Italian police, they have zero idea what is a real classic car and a registered participant or not.
    Typical loophole that all these guys from P, DE, NL, F and other countries use to have some "fun" (for free).
    A shame.

PS: Care to fill in your profile?

Marcel Massini

5. FastJimC

FastJimC Rookie

May 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Schultz
    Not sure why that was a strange request for a first post but glad I asked it. Learned something new. After a quick look at the first four profiles of the biggest contributors to FC I have about as much information as they do in my profile so I'm think I'm good. Enjoy the Mille Miglia.

6. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #31 Nembo1777, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019
    I have said for years that all these unauthorized followers who with incredible arrogance just sneak onto the itinerary even the special zones like passing in front of the Duomo in Modena are a huge potential source of accidents and at least as much so these tributes which involve new very fast cars owned by big ego big wallet miniature ability types on very challenging roads with crowds all along...what could possibly go wrong?... As is unfortunately typical of Italy shoulders will be shrugged, arms raised "fatalita" and nothing will be done, this will go on and on until a multiple fatality accident causes the complete cancellation of the MM.

https://www.newsauto.it/notizie/incidenti-mille-miglia-gara-auto-2019-200679/

https://www.ilrestodelcarlino.it/ancona/cronaca/incidente-mille-miglia-2019-1.4594614

https://www.elivebrescia.tv/scontro-tra-due-automobili-lungo-la-strada-verso-vinci/

gt4me and of2worlds like this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    What a mess! Especially the silver Lamborghini, so much for carbon brakes...

8. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    I don’t care too much for the Lambo, you can always buy another one.
    But I know very well the Alfa Plate , having done 10 MM in a row and some of them with a pre war Alfa very close by starting number to this one.
    Having an accident with a pre war car, by definition with no seat belts and little protection, will almost always end up with severe consequences and there has been few death in MM storica.
    If people with modern cars are getting more and more excited this will be, a second time, the end of the MM.
    You cannot have cars with 600 hp and stopping in 30 meters from 100kmh in the same group as prewar cars or an early Ferrari barchetta. This is silly.
    I passed this year on MM to do something else including Modena Cento Ore in 2 weeks time, but always upset to see stupid behavior. Of course over speeding with a modern car in the middle of the MM is a low risk proposition, you just destroy your car. But for real participants not only you risk a very valuable historic car, but definitely your life!
    At the end, I don’t need the MM to enjoy my car(s) , I can drive on the open road, on roads with little traffic, any time i want. So the real losers will be the car enthusiasts which will be deprived to see those historic cars driven in a historic event.

9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Very well said. The difference in performance as you point out should forbid this sort of mixing for safety and the survival for future history of these amazing old automobiles from the golden age of motoring!