Testarossa Price Trends | Page 105 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It’s not a mustang man it’s the new camaro.

2. MikeBoston

MikeBoston Rookie

Apr 20, 2019

Apparently this one also sold as of this week :), according to the GM from this dealership they are holding deposit ...

Strange that 2 random calls/requests within 24hrs and both with “sold this week”

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    soon all the really clean ones will be all sold . tr are gonna be the next exotic car to really go up in price

Shamile likes this.
  4. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Not sure about that, but I hope so!

Seems they are moving again. Thats a good sign.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I love how u always say the exact same sentence; reminds me of tony Robbins classes i attend; u are speaking it into existence ;) hopefully eventually...
    As far as moving...they always move a bit more in
    The summer. I think the best time to
    Buy must be a gloomy November day;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  6. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    #2606 Zeff, May 3, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
    Did you look at the 1990 red/tan listed at Daniel Schmitt company. Has 10k miles and major was done in 2017 at a cost of 28k so they didn’t cut corners. They are asking 144k but I would try and see how negotiable they are.https://www.schmitt.com/stock/ferrari/

My personal favorite is this one
    http://www.domanimotorcars.com/detail-1989-ferrari-testarossa-cavallino_platinum_award_winning_only_11k_mi_major_service_done-used-16713782.html

7. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Pot calling kettle black... ;)

8. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I donno....the results seem to speak for themselves. Sure, it's that time of year....so was last year this time and nothing was moving.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

xplodee likes this.
  9. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    diablo have sky rocketted. 512 tr has, the tr hasnt my buddy just bought a tr will post pics soon ,tr are a bargain in the exotic car world ,amazing looks ,great drive exprience and has aged very well .there undervalued another friend of mine now wants one so will be looking for another one for him soon .all of us that have one are very fortunate.i think the ones that will be for sale in the next 6/12 months will be the ones needing 20k of work etc the clean examples are getting bought now

Zeff and Shamile like this.
  10. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    for a 100/110 k a really nice example not needing alot is a steal in todays car market,a viper and a z06 are 100k id rather have the tr anyday yes the other cars will out perform but the driving expreince of the tr is the winner

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

512 Sky rocketed? Tr hasn’t?
    Let’s look back at the very first post on this thread years back they both HAVE. Let’s not be delusional u could have a 512 for 100k, ask ttforce, now it’s 180k, u could have a 60k tr now it’s 100k.

As far as moving: if 5 move at 100k vs 3 at 133k the year before I would argue that it’s the same sort of thing. 100k is a good number for a beautiful car but not rare. That’s it’s only small issue really... but even rarity doesn’t make everything...they made 2000FF and it’s only going one way...down;)

12. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I just got rid of my zo6 two weeks ago. I got less than half what I paid for that pos. I am personally glad it’s gone. Had 14k miles. Never again for me not exciting enough and poorly built.

13. Natkingcolebasket69

80’s Italian were not exactly well built either;)

14. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    had 5 vipers never again

15. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i have the tr back holding there price you are the one bringing them down lol someone has to have the tr back

xplodee likes this.
  16. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I would argue that the look and feel of the testarossa is much better than the corvette. But that’s my opinion maybe others will have a different one. I owned both and often compared them. There was no comparison was the answer.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  17. Natkingcolebasket69

Put 15k miles on ur tr like u did on ur vette and then maybe cost/reliability might be different ;) of course the tr has better material but it’s another era a fair comparison would be a crappy 88 vette;)

18. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yeah....going to disagree with you on the Testarossa. It's super reliable. Yes, you have some known issues....what car doesn't? Most issues are due to aging rubber and connectors.

But, it's mechanical....no impossible to get computer modules.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Zeff likes this.
  19. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I’m not talking about the reliability. The new corvette would win every time. I’m talking about the attention to details the aluminum gas caps, the leather, for example, better materials for sure. The parts are of much better quality. You can’t compare the dependability factor because these cars are from a different era. None of the Ferrari’s of that period were as dependable as they are today. I’m simply looking at the quality of materials and craftsmanship. I will say my car has been very dependable with no issues. I bet if I do the proper maintenance it will continue to be so. I only bought that car as a once in a while driver much like the corvette so it really doesn’t matter or change things.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  20. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Plus these cars are 30 years old.

21. Natkingcolebasket69

I never said it wasn’t but comparing to a new vette reliability wise? Non sense and the day u blow the diff that’s not cheap; not u per se as I know u drive very smoothly but can’t compare a 88 tr vs new car reliability wise in my opinion

22. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I wasn't comparing to a new car. You said 80's Ferraris weren't built well. I say they're reliable even though they're built in the 80's

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I’ll tell you what you can have the corvette the corvette is a good throw away car. Drive it till your done with it then get another new one. No thanks I’ll keep my tr. I probably will be buying another one.

24. Natkingcolebasket69

That I agree craftsmanship is unmatched in a Ferrari ; it’s art!

Zeff likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Never owned an American car and never will; I’m European ;)

turbo-joe and Zeff like this.