Pista allocation with premium price? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pista allocation with premium price?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by darrencsh, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    Hello everyone new to the website. I just took delivery of a 488 Pista, I had to pay 100,000 over msrp. I also had to buy an 812 superfast. You pay to play am I right?

of2worlds and pdxjim488 like this.
  2. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Who did you pay over to? Dealer? Ferrari can’t sell their cars over Msrp.

3. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    There's always a way... Dealer mule.

4. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    I bought it directly from a Ferrari dealer... who the 100,000 went to I have not idea.

5. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    they did however order the harness for me to replace the standard seat belts, included in price (thanx a lot), I tried to get the carbon wheels out of them but it must of eaten to much of their profit up.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Not possible. Ferrari cannot sell their new cars over Msrp. Unless the Pista was “used”. A new car with 100 miles or so.....they sell it to someone friendly, who drives it a bit and sells it right back- which very well might have happened.

Either way, interesting to note the market on these.

7. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    I'm sure Ferrari did not take the 100,00 the sales man/team did. The car is new I am first owner just registered in NY. The car has 38 miles on it. Going back this week to spec F8 at msrp. soon as weather clears up here I will post pictures of pista. I am honestly shocked of how thunderous the pista sounds next to my 812

8. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    I also think the market on the pista will continue to rise. (not why I bought it) I am from Europe originally we drive our cars. very strange to see used Ferrari with low miles.

9. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Looks to me that resales aren’t doing well when you have ppl posting and trying to set a market price .

My friend just took delivery of his low spec pista (he’s carrying a direct loss of $100k from lusso buy/sell). He’s been trying to flip his pista since he spec’d it . He hasn’t found any buyer yet .

LVP488 likes this.
  10. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    really that is interesting to hear I'm sure there will be a buyer tell him to hang in there I am not the only person willing to pay for a pista. After all summer is almost here and it will be all about bragging rights.

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ferraris get delivered with closer to 70 or 80 miles. 38 sound off fwiw.

12. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    my apologies *83, what is meaning of (fwiv)

13. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Out of curiosity, What is his asking price relative to msrp?

14. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    yes I am also curious.

15. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    thats true but im showing 36 on the bill of sale

dont know what the car shows .................

16. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    I think in the short term there will be some of these sales. I have personal knowledge of someone that was able to buy a non-advertised $435K (msrp) "used" Pista (115 miles IIRC) for $450 (RC, Black interior). The seller was a "Lusso buy." I have no idea what his loss was on the Lusso (he never took possession according to what he told my friend), but I'm sure he is in negative numbers when combining both transactions. His stated reason for selling was to purchase an F8, and wait for the 488 replacement. (Frankly, I would have bought it if he didn't.)

Jim

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    F8 is the 488 replacement and they will make thousands - sot sure i follow that train of thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thecadster likes this.
  18. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    It is difficult to always tell what is real, what is rumor and what is someone who told me and someone who knows someone.

He is a broker who buys Ferrari's for himself. Leases them due to sales tax issues in our State.

He initially said that he lost $40K on the Lusso sale (his two friends told me he lost $100K on the sale).

When he received the allocation for the Pista; he said that he had a buyer at $200K above MSRP. Then it became $150K over then $100K over (note; he said he had buyers before he even took delivery and according to him; he had permission from the dealer to sell it himself and not go through them).

He gets to delivery day and he's grumbling about all the money he has lost on Ferrari's over the years and saying something like he has to pay $8K/month on the lease (I'm sure this pertains to dealer telling him that he couldn't' sell right away and he's trying to figure out a way to minimize his economic damage).

Current situation; he took delivery of the Pista and has no buyer and is asking $100K over on a re-sale spec with an MSRP of a little over $440K. The way that this is probably going to play out is that he will have a fire sale to another broker who has a customer who may want one (he won't get anywhere near what the actual end customer is going to pay (could be a sale to a foreign buyer or maybe within the States).

C50 likes this.
  19. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I should add that the Pista is a freaking awesome looking car. I don't know why anyone would criticize the looks in any way.

LARRYH, Oligarch_NY and SoCal to az like this.
  20. Oligarch_NY

Oligarch_NY Karting

Apr 28, 2019
    NY
    fire sale on a pista!? no way never will happen. there is only 2 for sale at 600,000 on Dupont registry. I know privately of a third for 125,000 over. and one just sold at Scottsdale Ferrari for 589,500. there are buyers what color is his pista?

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I smell popcorn

22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Scottsdale Ferrari is my dealer and did not hear about the sale. I got mine at Msrp. Zero chance I would pay over. Will it go up? Maybe. Will it go down? Maybe. I’ll buy it enjoy it and if I make money or break even upon sale, that would be a bonus.

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Oligarch - is ur dad an oligarch?

24. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    Rosso Corsa.

It’s never a good thing when cars this early in the cycle are for sale on websites . Dealers would be working the phones and offering it to all their customers before it would go on a website .

Only over priced cars or someone trying to set a market price for a car would be advertising on websites this early in the cycle of a pista .

25. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    Several free dealerships in Europe already have 2-3 Pistas stocked in their showrooms. One already had three Pistas by the end of last year. Off today there are almost 30 cars (directly available or allocations) available on Europe's biggest car trading platform.