PPI Detroit area | FerrariChat

PPI Detroit area

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Jeffroy, Apr 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeffroy

Jeffroy Rookie

Jul 11, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hello, can anyone recommend a reputable source for a PPI in the Detroit (Farmington Hills) area? Obviously Cauley, but anyone else? Thanks for the help!

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    chuck capella if u can get him on the phone

birmingham inports

jm2 likes this.
  3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Yes, you can trust Chuck.

4. Jeffroy

Jeffroy Rookie

Jul 11, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thx!
    I will contact him.
    Much appreciated.

5. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    So we gotta know... What car are you looking at?

6. Jeffroy

Jeffroy Rookie

Jul 11, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Looking at a Mondial T...really need a 4 seat convertible to make the wife (and kids) happy. Other consideration would be a California. Thoughts?

7. The Outcast

The Outcast Formula 3

Apr 19, 2011
    Royal Oak Michigan
    California (especially the "T") is a much more modern car. It has buckets more power and torque, and might be a better idea for a busy dad. Mondial T is a sweet machine, and was the first production mid-engine V8 from Ferrari to feature a north-south engine position with transverse gearbox (hence the "T"), but performance, compared to even the first California, is gonna be on the slim side.

jm2 likes this.
  8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Are you looking at the Mondial at Cauley? If I remember, that was a clean looking car.

They have a green Calli T there that is the best spec I've ever seen.

9. Jeffroy

Jeffroy Rookie

Jul 11, 2018
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    No, private owner. I wasn’t aware Cauley had a Mondial (not on their website)

10. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hmm, I guess they sold it. There was a convertible Mondial there not too long ago. If it's a private party, why not have Cauley do it? Also I'm not sure if you have done this but I'd find out who the mechanic for the car is and pick their brain on what they think of it. If the mechanic is knowledgeable it can be worth more than doing a PPI. If you need help with a car from Cauley feel free to PM me and/or tell them I sent you.
    Good luck on your quest. I'll help you however I can!

11. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    I have the same problem. Bidding on a black Mondial T cabrio on BAT 'cause I need a 2+2. Car is located in Farmington, and owner can't even get Cauley to call him back. I'd really like to get a PPI done in the next day. I know it's last minute but I just saw the car yesterday and the price is currently very low. I've owned 5 Ferraris, modern and vintage, so I know what I could be getting into. At a minimum a compression and leakdown test because the car has been driven only 600 miles since 2014 when last major service was done. So timing belt replacement at minimum. And possibly leaky seals from sitting and hardening for 6 years. Any help appreciated.

12. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Cauley should be calling back. Are you sure it's not some BS from the seller? If you need an in with Cauley just let me know. I know just about everyone there and the service manager is a dear friend of mine.