Various Rossos for 812 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Various Rossos for 812

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Lagunae92, Feb 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Cuoio

red308 and of2worlds like this.
  2. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
  3. red308

red308 Karting

Nov 13, 2006
    Pleasanton CA
    Very classy color. Did you do a cuoio interior?

4. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I chose the exterior color,My wife chose the interior without any objections from me.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Sims123

Sims123 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Svizzera
    Also In the process of choosing the red for 812. We like Rubio, Maranello and Monza. However, the 35k do hurt me mentally.... Are there alternatives in the more moderate price range? or simply bite the bullet?

6. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I think Rossa Corsa metallic is 12k or so. All I know of...

7. Sims123

Sims123 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Svizzera
    Thank you - 70 Anni is same range, though non-metallic. Well, F knows how to create the correct price points

8. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Some of the historical colors in the 12/14K range are nice, but the triple layer effect is on another level. I feel justified for this car....

9. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Yes, I have a Rosso F1 2007 on my 2001 458. Two threads to see pictures. One was started by me when I received the 458. Pictures of my 458 on page 1 and 2. https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/my-bicolor-nuevo-rosso-458-is-finally-here.325048/

Also, some very good pictures here on this other thread: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/rosso-f1-2007-too-orange.571830/

On the color plate, under my bonner, the color was listed as " Nuevo Rosso Formula One." I have been told it is the same color as Rosso F1 2007.

Paint looks incredible during the daytime with different hues coming through the different layers. Interestingly, some of my friends, see a slight orange red at the same time others see a slight copper red during strong sunlight at certain angles. Color changes by the angle.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. Sims123

Sims123 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Svizzera
    Rosso Maranello it is.

I want to thank the forum for the great input. It really helped to choose the right color for us.

of2worlds likes this.
  11. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Congrats. I chose that as well. Hoping it is as good as it sounds!

of2worlds likes this.
  12. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    Congratulations. For any of these great custom colors, if you are out driving the car in public, paint protection film has kept my F1 2007 paint perfect and the color absolutely true to the portions that dont have the film in the rear.

Also, I will give you an example that made me angry today and disappointed. I just recently had delivery of a custom color blu elettrico 812. I was at a friend's place this morning. As I am walking out, I literally see a gardener outside standing there with his gas leaf blower on high blasting the 812 continuously onto the side of the car. Not just randomly for leaves on someones lawn. No, he is going up and down and the length of the car just literally blowing the forced air through the exhaust into the side of the car.

When I get there, I asked him that he is doing (he stopped when he saw me coming). He played it off and just kept asking me "how expensive is it?" and wouldn't answer my question about why he was gas leaf blowering my car?

Very fortunately, he got zero through the film or even remotely marred the film as I inspected it there. I also have a ceramic pro coating on top of the film to protect the film. As I got back in the car and started to drive away, he walked up to the back of the car and started leaf blowing the back of the car.

So that would be my recommendation if you do get a custom color. And only do it with someone who is truly an expert. But this is discussed on a different thread.

It was a bummer. I was parked on a safe, residential, zero crime, sleepy, senior-ish neighborhood. And I am someone who is always happy to show someone the car no matter who they are. But some people will just be angry and and take it out on your car.

And might start with your custom paint first :(

In any case, I will end with a positive and let you know enjoy.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    That is uncalled for. Ugh.

On that note, do you have a brand you recommend? I know it has been discussed in dozens of threads, but while we are all here...

14. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    I actually don't know the brands at all. I asked my Ferrari dealer who they work with directly to put film on when they receive cars. They have had someone great work with them for years. That is how I was introduced.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
  16. ajc

ajc Rookie

Aug 8, 2005
    uk
    Full Name:
    AJC
    Hi any pictures or owners with Rosso Coburn as yet ?
    (seeing the sample colour in Itally looks interesting)
    Thanks

17. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
  18. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Very nice. I also love that the wheels are not black. The best choice for such a paint color is always silver wheels with silver brake calipers.

Lagunae92 likes this.
  19. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I would never spec black wheels, unless they were carbon fiber. I feel you lose all of the interesting lines and character of the wheel, but maybe that’s just me.

20. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
  21. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
  22. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    What was the color in the in Adam?

23. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Nero leather and alcantara with Rosso accents and a light gray stitch (forget which one).

And the car is Rosso Maranello with Aluminio calipers and Diamond Finish Race Wheels.

24. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
  25. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    Sorry, just noticed that your post states that the color is Rosso Monza. Do you have any other pics? I may need to sell my tdf blue 812 and build one like yours. That color is inducing 812-envy.