1983 Monidal Coupe Door shell / skin Question | FerrariChat

1983 Monidal Coupe Door shell / skin Question

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by JAS12, Apr 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAS12

JAS12 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    JAS
    Can anyone tell me what year(s) door shells are compatible with a 1983 Coupe? My door has a large crease and I want to swap it with either another Coupe door or can I use a convertible door outter skin to repair mine? Thanks

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Eurospares in uk have a used right hand door , looks pretty good. Not bad price either assuming its the right one

3. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    I have lots of doors and can say that the outer shell of the Mondial 8, QV and 3.2 are compatible with yours. The only things with the 3.2 door, is that the inner shell is different because of the location of the inner door handle.

4. afterburner

afterburner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2008
    Hong Kong
    And the cab door has a fixed quarter window. I am not sure the sealing flange along the upper edge of the door skin is identical between the two versions.

5. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
    I just replaced my QV 82 coupe doors with 3.2 doors and all handles and stuf can be replaced.... so also 3.2 doors can be used.
    Because all doors are handmade and just made to fit the door opening, there is a possibility the gaps are bigger or smaller where door nears the body.
    Guido