488 Spider or F8 Tributo | FerrariChat

488 Spider or F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Yang Yang, Mar 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    The F8 is coming soon, but I prefer 488 Spider and I plan to order it. Before I place the order, I want to know does anyone get a discount on a 488 Spider when you buy it???

2. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    I was going to buy a 488 Spider before I knew Ferrari announced F8. I'm not sure whether I should continue to buy the 488 Spider or not. I love 488 so much, and I also love the convertible. But I am very worried that the market price of 488 will fall sharply. To place an order on a 488 Spider for now, I need to spend about $350 on it. I don't want to lose too much money when I sell it. I don't know which one should I choose now. Choose the 488 Spider I only need to wait 6 months, and if I choose the F8, maybe two years because this is my first Ferrari.:(

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Buy a used one there are some great deals and you will minimize your downside. There are a ton to choose from.

Caphill and obbob like this.
  4. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    ^^^^^^^^^^^This. You can get a 2018 with good options for less than MSRP now and you will love it. You can't even order the F8 Spider until the fall. I asked my salesman about it last week. You need a Ferrari in the meantime and a 2018 488 Spider is a great one to own.

Gh21631 likes this.
  5. Evo X

Evo X Karting

Jun 16, 2018
    Chicago
    No way would I buy a new 488 Spider right now. Pick up a used one, or if you really want to minimize your downside, a 458 Spider. Enjoy it until your F8 Spider comes in.

dustman and Gh21631 like this.
  6. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    With the accelerated product offerings Ferrari is undertaking I am afraid the days of slow depreciation are over. I suspect future Fcars will depreciate similarly to those in the peer group.

7. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    I agree with the suggestions. Buy a second hand one but consider also a 458 spider. You could keep it till when you'll receive the F8 with a minimal loss ;)

Gh21631 likes this.
  8. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Don't buy a new 488 but maybe a 458 as someone suggested. Then when avail. buy a F8 as a complement to your slower 458 and y0u have a prefect setup (I might do this depending n the starting price of the F8 in EU).

This way you will probably save some money (depreciation wise) and make owning 2 f-cars affordable rather then loosing too much on the 488

9. Henry Clemes

Henry Clemes Rookie

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Henry Clemes
    Bhh, Gh21631 and of2worlds like this.
  10. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Extremely unlikely that any Ferrari dealer will give you a discount on a brand new model that you are ordering. I can see a concession if its a model no longer running like a Cali T which they have sitting on the lot and even than, highly unlikely to happen.

Gh21631 likes this.
  11. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    While, I know it’s impossible to get a discount on F8. I wanna know will I get it on placing a 488 Spider for now.

12. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    I check the price of a certified 2018 488Spider with good option, it also need about 320-330. Could you give me an available price range?

13. Yang Yang

Yang Yang Karting
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari F8 Tributo
    I haven’t enough money to offer two ferrari at the same time. My maximum budget is 360K before tax.

14. Transman

Transman Karting

Nov 20, 2016
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen Ferraro
    If I were you I wouldn’t buy the 488 spider at all I bought one in 2017 I paid 405,000 for it the MSRP was 397,000 I added $20,000 in fiber options and when I receive my 812 I was offered 330 for it and I didn’t take it from the dealer I waited six more months and then I wound up getting 325 lost the bundle on it
    Order the F8 with no options I’m going to order an F8 as well
    Tired of losing a bundle of money on Ferrari’s but I love the F8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ash Patel and of2worlds like this.
  15. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    I don’t think so.

16. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Let me know how that works out for you. Best ,Kirk.

sampelligrino and Xrayv8 like this.
  17. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    You won't get anything, best is to find a used one that has what you're looking for as others have mentioned.

Good luck!

18. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    That's a medium spec I bet. Autobytel allows you to put in the options to determine the original MSRP on the car. I bought my 2018 Spider a year ago for $10k over MSRP. My spec has no carbon fiber except for the steering wheel and it was $321k, I paid $330k for the car. Today you should get the same spec for $10k less than MSRP. My car only had 100 miles on it and the owner had just taken delivery and parked it for several months then sent it back to the dealer. I would think that any 2018 with 1000 miles or so would be at least $10k under MSRP by now.

boobernackle likes this.
  19. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Only way you get a discount is second hand from what I've seen, I don't think you'll be able to order one to your spec and get a discount

20. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Or simply download the original window sticker. Easy and precise

https://monroneylabels.com

wrs likes this.
  21. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Two threads you've started now that focus on depreciation.

No judgment here, but, imho, the savvy depreciation averse shopper buys a nice 458 spider in this market at this time. It's monstrous and entertaining fun with way less downside.

italiafan and Viperjoe like this.
  22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #22 Shadowfax, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    Agree. All of these exotics suffer the same problem and even more if you dare put miles on them. Only brand which seems to allow the buyer to put decent miles on (use it) it and get out of it with the trousers somewhat still on is Porsche.

So to OP, my advice is buy a good used 488 and sit it out until the F8's drop their bundle....which is only a matter of time. It seems with all these exotic cars once the immediate orders are satisfied the used market goes into free-fall. There is only so much money and so many buyers at the new car price level and once they are satisfied it becomes anyone's game.
    And the beauty of it for the used buyer is the new buyer who has paid full tilt for the car are mostly too scared to use it in fear of the D word. So the used examples are basically new anyway - just a whole ton cheaper and with a lot more options that you may have been prepared to pay at time of a new order.

23. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It is unlikely you will get a discount on the car. The best you may be able to negotiate is to have the car wrapped in 3M PPF as part of the purchase price (if that is something you want).

of2worlds likes this.
  24. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    No discount on new 488 spider. Good luck and tell us jpw it goes

25. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    you could get a discount all depends on your relationship with your dealer and how many cars you got from them and what mood they're in. but most are correct - you don't get a discount normally especially if you order.