360 Yearly Price? | FerrariChat

360 Yearly Price?

Discussion in '360/430' started by 550nitis, Mar 7, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Just had my yearly done on my 360 6MT. They did the oil, flushed brakes and coolant not including the air and cabin filter. $884 at an indy shop here in L.A. Does that sound about right?

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Sounds about right to me.

3. PGI

PGI Karting

Oct 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Fair price

550nitis likes this.
  4. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    I set aside $2000/year in maintenance on my 360 Spider. $1000 goes to the yearly and another $1000 gets Banked for the 5 year Major. There are miscellaneous items that pop up but it all comes out even for the most part.

So, for those thinking of buying their first 360, understand that affording the car is one thing; maintaining it is another.

KC360 FL and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    That's a great price actually.

Kevin Rev'n likes this.
  6. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I am buying my first Ferrari tomorrow (2003 360 Spider). From all that I have read, I'm putting aside $5,000 per year. Hoping that will cover it.

ceb39 likes this.
  7. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Start with $5000 in reserve in case you didn't get a proper PPI or it needs a major soon. $2K a year should suffice after that. I'm getting my second major in May and its really been a "no surprises" car.

ceb39 likes this.
  8. Apollo 11

Apollo 11 Karting

Feb 11, 2019
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The car did come with 10 years of service records and the previous owner averaged $1,600 per year. So, that's pretty close to your estimate.

9. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Depending on mileage you should have a lot of money left over. Great cars and very reliable. Enjoy it!

10. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    My experience was closer to $3K/yr on average because of the occasional big item that pops up. $1K, $1K, $1K, $10K …. But, you are in definitely on the right track.

11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    #11 arizonaitalian, Mar 8, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    Its all about the "big" items.

Clutch? Mine was $9000 with a fly wheel et al. Lowest I've seen is $4500 for clutch only.

F1 sensor fails prematurely? Well, since we are in here, let's do the clutch. $5000+

F1 parts failure? Can be five figures, or less. Depending upon what broke and how you repair/replace

OEM header failure? Five figures to replace with OEM.

Top failure on the spider? Five figures

Engine mounts, transmission mounts? they are wear items in these cars

Electronics/dash? Uh oh.

Cats? OEM replacements are spendy.

Suspension bushings wear somewhat rapidly on these cars.

Cracked or warped carbon brake rotor? Don't ask. Well into 5 figures.

And so it goes. There is a lot of luck involved as to what breaks and when and during who's ownership period.

Take 1 or 2 of those big item hits in a 2, 3, 4-year ownership period and your average is going way up.

The baseline annual maint cost not including any repairs of breakage items is going to be roughly $2000/year for a 360.

(if you presume $1000 annual, $800 towards belts/major/plugs each year (meaning $4200 belt/plugs/major job every 4 years on top of yearly annual service), $250 towards tires each year ($1000+ for tires every 4 years). So its roughly $2000/year just for by-the-book maint (order of magnitude).)

Then you have things that break. It ranges from $0 to five figures in a year depending upon luck, age, wear, etc, etc.

12. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    It should. Doesn't mean you can't incur a multiple of $5k in any one year, but on average over a long enough period it should suffice. Fwiw, I had a year period where I spent over $20k on a sub-20k mile CS that had great history/records/care (I'd already owned it for 4 years at the time iirc). Stuff broke (F1 sensor and one side OEM header in my case). Boom, that was a $20k+ year. But my average was $4611 per year over the 7 years I owned it (and the only surprise premature breakage was the F1 sensor and the one OEM exhaust manifold)

13. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Been driving this car everyday and has been very reliable. Glad to hear the price is where it should be.

14. cladd2000

cladd2000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 18, 2005
    I’m only spending a couple hundred. Drive between 1500 and 2k mikes per year. Oil change and other fluids and do it myself. Third Ferrari and never really had much “break”.

15. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    That has been my experience other than the hideous $10K "service" on my Testarossa. In looking back, I could have, and should have, done the service myself like I now do on my 76 308 GTB and 360 6 speed(stick) and a few other cars. The average Ferrari owner does not, and should not, do his own service but there are many of us that like cranking wrenches and it is not a strange magic black art. Ferraris are actually easier to work on than many everyday mundane boring cars. Having said that, my biggest hobby in the last 20 plus years is racing/wrecking/ repairing race cars and prior to that restoring a few cars and now maintaining all my cars as well as a Semitruck RV so the Ferraris are a treat to work on. Now, not to tick off many of you off, I want nothing to do with a Spyder or F1 tranny. Both suck maintenance/problem wise compared to a boring coupe with true stick that many new Ferrari owners have no clue about. "What is that thing sticking up in the middle of the car? Where are the flippers?" Just kidding, and a bit snarky, but I am old. Truth is, I converted my Semi tractor/RV from 10 speed autoshift back to a true manual and love floating the gears with no clutch except to get it rolling and then out of gear when stopping. Now that is old and hard headed!

16. cladd2000

cladd2000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 18, 2005
    Buying an old exotic foreign car and paying someone else to work on it is just asking for trouble imo. If I had to set aside 5k per year for repairs, I’m not sure that I would drive it. Heck I had a 355 for seven years and didn’t have to do much. Headers and cats but that’s expected.

17. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    We are on the same page. I pulled the cats and installed test pipes on the 360 right off the bat. Already had a Tubi on it. Other than trans/engine mounts, ball joints, shift lever bushing, never had a single problem. 30K belt service is not hard to do at all. Just a car. Nothing magic about it.