MOTOGP 2019 | FerrariChat

MOTOGP 2019

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Igor Ound, Mar 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How exciting this season is for you?

1. 10

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. 9

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 7

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  10. 1

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  11. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Bring it on!

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Forza Ducati ;)

BigTex and Igor Ound like this.
  3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Has to be their year! Only Vale winning would make me happier

kandi and Nortonious like this.
  4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    What network will be showing MotoGP live in the U.S. this year?

Last year, I missed practically every race because the listings were always showing the
    wrong times so when I'd go to watch a race, it was usually ending or already over.

BHW

7. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Bein sports

8. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    Wish Lorenzo would have stuck it out with Ducati for another year, things started clicking too late for them :(

9. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
  10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Dovi winner for Ducati :)
    Nice fight with Marquez...

11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Stewards have rejected the teams complaints. Finish resuts stands. Appeals still on-going.

Igor Ound likes this.
  13. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    MotoGP has rather spoiled the lot haven't they?

They've gone from being a near top-tier form of motorsport to being completely off the
    radar (in terms of live TV broadcast) in two years. Pity.

What is happening with them?

BHW

Jakuzzi likes this.
  14. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Just the best professional and most exciting series. This race had more excitement than all of last years F1 races.

Sharknose, greg328 and Makuono like this.
  15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Big mistake by them going to beIN for US broadcasting...that was a great way to kill off any chance to growing the US market. I no longer get a chance to watch it because of that...oh well their loss. Still lots of great stuff to watch stateside like Blancpain World Challenge (live stream on their YouTube channel) and IMSA WeatherTech.

Sharknose and Jakuzzi like this.
  16. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Yea, I missed the first race today. Guess I’m going to have to subscribe to MOTO gp channel. Stupid DIRECTV and Bein sports.

17. Hocakes

Hocakes Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2010
    FL
    #17 Hocakes, Mar 10, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    I have DirecTV Now which according to an article on my phone the other day is raising their rates another $10 soon. More incentive to drop them. The only 2 ways I found to get beIN Sports are a Fubo subscription or Sling & adding the sports package for $5 more. Sling has some sort of super cheap starter deal or promo going on right now. I have a Roku (fantastic gizmo) to access all these.

Contacted beIN Sports the other day to see if there was a way to just get them w/o buying some whole other bundle or service. Their customer service is not good & there evidently is not.

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    If you are still having problems trying to get a way to watch, I'm sure you can find a stream posted on Reddit. I am now living in the pacific time zone so almost every race this year will be too much of a hassle to watch. The one this morning (1030 my time) I was working...just my luck as I only work 5 weekends a year.

19. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    There are free streams, I used to watch that way (and still use them for practices/quali); now in France the races are on Canal+ channel.
    I think motogp.com also has some streaming pay service.

20. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    The biggest difference being, MotoGP is broadcast on a channel no one has ever heard of and is not
    on any of the channel line-ups of any of the major cable providers whereas Formula One is shown live and commercial free on ESPN.

Would love to see MotoGP but with the current structure, no Bien (or whatever it's called) on the cable
    lineup, no free live streaming any more and certainly not going the pay-per-view route.

MotoGP wants to be a global brand on the world stage but they don’t have a TV contract with a legitimate
    network in the US (their manufacturers’ biggest market by far). They used to have three races per year here
    and now down to one. There were obviously problems last year when the listings would show MotoGP
    starting at certain time only to find when we'd tune in the races they'd be almost over or finished entirely.

Now MotoGP is nearly off the radar entirely. I'm not entirely familiar with the business and politics of MotoGP.
    Who/what is at the helm there now?

BHW

21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    dorna, a Spanish company, (dorna.com) is managing the championship.

22. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Thanks I will try that for sure. Both my boys 5 and 2 are really into it as well. Thanks again

23. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    It is simple to subscribe and watch the races whenever you want. Cable/satellite is dying as so many are cutting the cord and receiving all of their media via streaming. We are not even providing DirecTV or Dish in any of the new apartment communities that were are building for millennials anymore as none of them were taking it. Cable is being installed but almost all are using only the internet portion of the packages offered, times are changing rapidly. The benefit that MotoGP has over much of the other racing series is that the product is outstanding and compelling to watch.

24. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    No American riders. No American teams. Down to 1 race in America. US motorcycle/scooter sales are a drop in the bucket compared to Asia. Very few US-based sponsors, and those that are involved do it for international, not domestic exposure. so it's no wonder they don't have a big TV contract here.

BeIn Sports is owned by Al Jazzera, btw. (That's not a political comment, but rather it's a middle eastern based TV network, US isn't their focus)

You can pay the $160 and subscribe to MotoGP's live stream (I got a 10 minute free preview and the streaming quality was excellent), but I'm too cheap to pay that. If it were $50 I'd consider.

Still it's a shame, what I saw of the race yesterday was excellent. Ducati looked good. I'm excited for the season

25. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    #25 BartonWorkman, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Yeah, good luck to them.

I mean, hell, its 2019, we shouldn't have to jump through hoops to see MotoGP the
    way we did F1 in the 1970s and 80s.

At the same time, was the Daytona 200 televised? I didn't see it anywhere either and
    that's a race we used to attend regularly.

BHW