Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 39 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Battista look great,but it's all electric,not so great.

elmadi, Gh21631, of2worlds and 3 others like this.
  2. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    1700 lb torque? I cannot imagine how that would even feels.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  3. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Enjoy your Ferrari's in the next few years .The fun factor will gradually be dialed out i believe .

4. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I worry this is true.

Anyone want a slower, lower weight, NA V8 that revs to 9,000 wrapped in a great body for $300-400k?

I’d take a new version of a 458 like that.

elmadi, Ash Patel, Thecadster and 7 others like this.
  5. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    #955 MassAppeal, Mar 4, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    True. But let’s remember that the jump from 430 to the 458 was a fairly big jump in hp. Plus, their design brief. A different chassis, a different look, plus the use of a DCT. The 430 was the evolution of the 360. In fact, I believe in an old copy of Forza, they had rejected designs for the 360, and one of those designs looked really liked the 430. Also, the 430 showed a link to the Enzo, in the rear (quad tail lights). Similar to how the 458 showed a link to the 599 in the rear. So, there are probably design/styling stipulations/requests, but then there is the cooling. The designers have to work with the engine, chassis, and aero engineers.

I actually like the 458’s “pure” design. You actually could see what the future was going to hold for the next V8 special series, by looking at the Speciale. Ducts here, vents there. But, at the same time, I really like the F8, more so than the 488. It almost seems like the F8 (or the Pista) is what the 488 should have looked like, minus the wheels.

You are not in the minority. You know what’s funny, is that there are folks who bag on what the Corvette C8 is gonna look like, and that it went mid engined. Some still refuse to accept it. And that they will never buy a new Vette again. Those very same people will be ones who specc’d it and have the first one in their county/state. I say this to ask, so when is the F8 gonna be showing up in your driveway?:p

Gh21631 likes this.
  6. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    I've never purchased a new car, and the F8 won't be the first. Besides my 458 is a keeper. I now spend way more time concerned about affording the 458 than wondering what my next car will be.

But I felt the same way about my last car too...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds and MassAppeal like this.
  7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Either way you look at it , like the 488 , Pista or F8 these 3 are the last that will ever be non electric. Frankly for me I don't want electric really. What so the 0-100 can be 2 sec's. Really so what I break the speed law here in first gear ! To me its looking at art , a creation and ultimately a part of history that is FERRARI

8. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
  9. Principissimo

Principissimo Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2015
    Milano
    Full Name:
    Bruno
    If price is true I’m afraid a F8 with the specs I’ve on 488 will be over 400k. And that’s crazy to me.

10. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    https://cdn.motor1.com/images/mgl/PRJGX/s1/2018-ford-fiesta-st.jpg

Wheels come from Ford Fiesta ST :D:D:D
    I had already seen them somewhere!

Seriously, I find the wheels'design a natural evolution of the latest proposed by Centro Stile, with a reference to the past. If you notice now the cup and nuts are on the same level, while in the last few years nuts were much more sunk than the wheel cup.

11. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's a great looking color for the F8.
    T

of2worlds and jamesdouglas1436 like this.
  12. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I would argue that compromising the frunk space is something that makes sense for the Pista but is less appropriate for the F8 or regular 488 (or regular 458 vs speciale for that matter).

Perhaps the ideal is if you can keep the down force and the full frunk on a road car..but not sure whether that is possible or if the F8 ( or say a 675 LT vs 650) has done that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

13. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I actually think the 720 is an attractive design. With my only reservation on the lights although they are growing on me.

On comparing the side profiles I don't think they resemble each other that much other than the layouts. What does strike me about the PF design is that the angle of the lower rear just in front of the tire. That front to back downward sloping line differentiates the design and looks great but has the appearance (but probably only the appearance) that it would actually create lift from the 2D side view.

IPO1 likes this.
  14. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Me! I think a car like that would actually be more fun to drive. Same reason why I prefer the GT3 touring to a gt2 RS. In fact would have even preferred the Carrera T to all of them if they would have put a 3.8 or even 3.6 extremely high revving naturally aspirated power plant in it with less tire width.

For me the ultimate would be a back to basics lightweight smaller front engined Ferrari with a high revving but much lower displacement v12 that you can wring out all the time due to the lower power.

of2worlds and theplanner like this.
  15. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    Unfortunately the days of NA V8s were over 4 years ago

16. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    True that is for wheel wells pressure, but that black "plastic" duct above headlamps is adding some cheap looks to the otherwise handsome front of the car. The shape cut in the fender suggest they could have integrated full headlamps a la Portofino's and use Portofino's style wheel arches vents. The plastic looks to me like an afterthought.

17. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Won't it be fair to state that increased performance means increased areo design and thus all high performance cars will inevitably start to look like each other.

To me the new Pininfarina's 'car' is a love child of the Pista and 720s. It clear whey they got their inspiration from. Perhaps even some last minute cues from the F8 to keep it recent. Not sure, could my interpretation, but I do see all cars looking more and more alike…..

of2worlds and F140C like this.
  18. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Not only for aerodynamic efficiency, but also cooling. Those cooling (and engine intake) requirements are part of what define ‘hard points’ for openings which designers need to work around.

It is unfair to compare the electric Battista shape with traditional supercars since their designs are dictated in part by their respective functional needs.

MassAppeal and of2worlds like this.
  19. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
  20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Gotta be honest how can anyone say that isnt a hot car. Plz excuse me whilst I go and get myself a nice big slice of humble pie. Anyone care to join?

21. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Of course it is. I honestly don't mind having one if it's in such deep blue so that the vents in the rear "disappear". We will see.

What is the proposed MSRP?

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Does it really matter? Any design misgivings will be soon forgotten after the first run. After the second run it will take on the appearance of a supermodel.

09Scuderia and Napoli like this.