The Turbo Testarossa Discussion | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Turbo Testarossa Discussion

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by MOSS, Feb 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

What’s interesting is if you look
    At 0-60 times the huracan and all those car get 2 second there on the TR but come the 1/4 mile the advantage has sort of stopped growing. I think the Norwood guys would need a proper new gearbox to help their quest..
    Great find though!
    Now back to the prices!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Apples and oranges. How many times do you get to drag race a car in the city? Less than none. You can't shift these cars fast enough. On the highway where we run these things spirited and no real fear of driveline shock it will run off and leave a Murcie or just about any other car. You have never been in one, know very little about it and seen first hand dyno runs and most importantly, never owned one and been through the cycles and seat time. I am telling you from first hand experience. There is always someone that takes something out of context and tries to make a big deal about it. That is usually how these threads get off course. Pinechris do you even own a Tr or an exotic car? Sorry Natking, I'm just checking credibility to even be making these arguments other than a magazine article where it is clear these cars cannot launch because of weak driveline components. Means nothing on the open roads and freeways where we mostly can utilize extreme power. Who even picks a sentence out of a broader discussion and makes a federal case about it when they have no knowledge of it whatsoever? Its just funny to see stuff like this and irritating at the same time. Post 1938. Why not read it and move on instead of basically saying that I don't know what I am talking about but you do, and yet you have zero knowledge other than a magazine article that did not even apply to what I was referring to. Please don't read anger here, I think its just funny. Again, Do you own a Ferrari?

turbo-joe likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Be careful u too been thread banned before lol

4. Natkingcolebasket69

PS: Chris recently bought the white TR at top gear if I recall properly;)

Now once you have settled your matter, back to the recent prices so I can update my spreadsheet;)lol

turbo-joe likes this.
  5. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Great, congrats Pinechris. But it is stock so enjoy it and keep reading your magazines but calling someone out just because you disagree is just starting a fight and its unnecessary and really who cares? Believe what you want and read. Natking, its just the internet, no lives are changed and I don't believe Pinechris was thread banned and if he was, its not a life altering moment nor was it for me. I really am not interested in convincing anyone of anything but I stated facts based off first hand experience. If you disagree, I'm ok with it in the big picture. I've been there and done it on this particular subject. Too old for silly arguments but I will disclose my position to qualify my statements when challenged. Its all good.

turbo-joe likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

I was saying that for u, u got a 3 day banned last month from this thread lol;)

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    so back to the prices - just too low I would say for such a bella machina :)

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I was fine with it, It was the politically correct thing for the mod to do. Never had an issue with it. When I have time I still am a mod on corvette forum from 15 years back so its understandable. I enjoy the TR threads but telling someone " sorry you don't know what you are talking about" is not the best way to make friends and influence people but I'm not the most articulate all the time either so we live to see another day! Cheers

9. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Isn’t he right though and brought stats to prove it? Just saying. The argument can be settled by just looking at the numbers. A turbo TR seems like a huge waste of time to me.

10. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you never have driven one I think so you not know what you are missing :)

MOSS and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    may be a waste of money when you not can fix all by yourself - then of course it would be the wrong car for you

MOSS likes this.
  12. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Qtr mile stats, Lol. I think its already been addressed about 300 times that it can't be used as a drag car but already moving in spirited driving so to avoid the driveline shock it will run off and leave the big boys and that's that. I would rather have a norwood TT car 10 times over a stock one. Best of both worlds and suffer zero driveablilty issues. Again, Turbo-Joe and I own, work on and run these cars and they are simply a motor match to the looks and icon that they are. Nothing more fun than having a z06 vette come up beside you knowing he is going to smoke you with his 640hp supercharged 10 second qtr mile car and handing his butt to him. He can walk away knowing he got beat by a Ferrari like it should be. Its all about backing your play. Its is a blast like no other to feel the g force that almost makes you stop breathing. Never had one mechanical or electrical issue with mine. None. Its a quest to match an awesome motor to an awesome car. A lot of fun and dang well worth it.

turbo-joe likes this.
  13. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Hmm. Not sure, Mossy.

14. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Here’s what happens if you disagree. You get a personal message. Ban me, I don’t care.

Attached Files:

15. Natkingcolebasket69

Wow lol

MOSS likes this.
  16. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    The messages keep coming....

Attached Files:

17. Natkingcolebasket69

18. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Maybe we can move on. Its obvious, I like Twin Turbo Testarossa's! ;) I'm glad we have Turbo-Joe on this site as well.

19. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    What does that have to do with “Price Trends”?

20. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    #45 MOSS, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    No but I do know where one of the most recent black TT Norwood cars is for sale. This is my last post on this thread as long as this troublemaker is still here. Cheers

21. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    I have done nothing than just join in on the discussion. You moved this away from a discussion about price trends into a discussion about turbo Testarossas and then went ape **** on anyone that disagreed with you (see above), including sending private messages with name calling in them. I’ve been civil and friendly. I remind you that this isn’t the first time.

22. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Im talking about a twin turbo Testarossa

23. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Do I own an exotic? Apart from my Testarossa, I have a Countach, Diablo SV, Murcielago, Carrera Gt, 928S4 and 997 Turbo. Do I know anything about modified Turbo cars? Maybe a little from my days with heavily modified Porsche Turbos,Diablos on nitrous to my Twin Turbo Gallardo. So ANYTIME you want to talk about experience with modified cars, you let me know.

tbakowsky and Parnelli like this.
  24. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You made statements that any person with an inkling of knowledge would know as false. Youre trying to put a TT Testarossa out as a Bugatti killer, and thats hardly the case. On a fast roll is the TT quick? Yes, but its not near as quick as its hp figures would imply. Its also very fragile and must be used with great finesse. Facts are facts, no matter how you try to spin them.

Parnelli likes this.
  25. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    This I will address. Since you referred to an article that mainly discussed qtr mile times I wondered. The TR absolutely can not use any of the boost until the qtr is almost over to preserve weak driveline components. If and that is a big If it could launch like the cars it was compared with and with boost turned up to 1400-1500 hp, it would have turned in the low 10's probably high nines therefore on spirited runs where you are not shocking the driveline it will flat out blow away virtually any exotic like I said. I own a 1000hp Porsche and a 1400hp Vette and I believe I have a pretty good handle on it as well. It was just a statement of having the TR as your favorite I did not know I was going to start horsepower wars with you or anyone else or get into who had bigger badder cars. Ridiculous and Unbelievable.