NFL 2019 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

NFL 2019

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I agree, it looks bad for the NFL and for Kap. They both come out of this looking really dirty. Praise the almighty dollar.

I just hope Kap doesn't buy a Ferrari with the money, we don't need another Justin Bieber.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Dang. I put in an honest days work for a change and a lot of stuff goes down in the NFL.
    yeah, Flacco vs Keenum may be a wash @ this stage.

"As a result of those discussions, the parties have decided to resolve the pending grievances. The resolution of this matter is subject to a confidentiality agreement so there will be no further comment by any party."

Hmm. Hopefully, some details will leak. Not good optics though...T

3. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It's the NFL's 100th anniversary season. They didn't want this on their radar so they paid him off. They probably also didn't want it to go to a jury because all Kap needed was a couple of lefty loonies in the box and he'd have had his way with the league. I don't believe it was an admission of anything other than clearing the decks to sell tens of millions of apparel without protest nonsense. The guy is out of a job because he had a lousy couple of seasons and a big mouth girlfriend. He needs to face the facts and move on...

nicholasn and Texas Forever like this.
  4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    $60 million is chump change to the NFL. This equals 12 super bowl commercials.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Exactly. And it proves that there was collusion, otherwise the NFL would NEVER have settled.

6. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    On the other hand we’re only weeks after Kaep and his girlfriend publicly lambasted Travis Scott as a “sellout” for taking money from the NFL for a Super Bowl halftime show and now Collin takes a settlement? So much for the Nike campaign BS of “sacrificing everything”. If he had been in a power position he’d have ran the gauntlet...especially with Gerrigos in his corner. He didn’t have the goods and wanted to cash out before he overplayed his hand. I’m also still trying to work out how there was league collusion to ban him when at least two teams (Denver and Baltimore) were offering him a role.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If I've learned anything, when someone says it's not about the money, it's the principle. That means one thing - it's about the Benjamins! I fear that applies to all parties in this sad affair...T

Texas Forever likes this.
  8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’m not sure what you guys are implying. He was suing the NFL for collusion and denying him an opportunity to play. They settled before it went to court. So it’s either he gets his money after the trial or before. Either way he wins. But this way he wins bigger, because it shows the NFL didn’t want any of the collusion evidence made public. There definitely was collusion, otherwise the NFL would drag him through the courts to prove he is wrong and save their reputation. It’s that simple. Case closed.

9. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The NFL was always going to loose, even if they won in court. The financial drag was growing and damaging their bottom line. The PR told the narrative Kaep wanted to tell and no amount of defense was going to win that battle either. Paying off this clown was the cheap way out and it will all be forgotten within a year or two. There are literally thousands of settlements each year by parties who while are in the right, know that spending money proving they’re right isn’t the financially prudent choice. Goodell wanted the faucet turned back on and the settlement facilitated that.

Kaep was NEVER going to prove collusion because two separate teams offered him a position. If the league was actually denying him an opportunity to play neither the Broncos nor the Ravens got the memo. Denver said HE turned down the offer because it wasn’t enough money. His nutjob girlfriend grenaded the Baltimore deal by making racial tweets about Steve Bisciotti. It was his job up until that point since Flacco was on IR. Perhaps unflattering stuff came out in depositions, but for NFL collusion to stick it would have needed to be league wide and there’s absolute proof Collin had offers to play.

nicholasn and Texas Forever like this.
  10. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Like I said chump change for the NFL. There’s no way they were going to open their books. People would be really pissed if they saw how much the owners cash flow while not paying taxes. Their only problem is how to prevent future lawsuits from future nitwits.

11. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Kaep had zero offers.

Don't confuse a tryout with a contract offer.

There was collusion, whether you want to accept that or not.

12. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #87 JAM1, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    I'm not talking about the tryout with Seattle or even opting out of his 49'ers contract.

Broncos opportunity - John Elway stated “Colin had his chance to be here. We offered him a contract; he didn’t take it. As I said at my deposition, and I’m not sure if I’m legally able to say this, he’s had his chance to be here. He passed it.”

Ravens opportunity - Ray Lewis stated: "When [the Ravens] called me, it was to say, 'Yes or no?' We were going to close the deal to sign him and Steve Bisciotti said, 'I want to hear Colin Kaepernick speak to let me know that he wants to play football.' And it never happens because that picture comes up the next day." Oh, and Lewis was talking about this 'Django Unchained' photo on twitter as posted by Collin's girlfriend if anyone missed what killed Colin's chances with the Ravens:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If you honestly believe that if the NFL had a sliver of a chance to win this case, yet decided to settle, then that’s your prerogative.

I’ve been watching the NFL for a very long time, and I know for a fact that they would pay billions to avoid embarrassment and protect their integrity.

If they had a a .0000001% then you could bet your life that this goes to court.

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Okay, if Kyler Murray is indeed going to play football, who's going to draft him? He'd be the shortest QB in the league since Doug Flutie.

15. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Well, kingsbury screwed the pooch when he said last year that he would draft him.

16. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    $$$. Denver is absorbing Flacco's contract.

Yep.
    IMO Kaep looks worse, he was basically bought off. No surprise there.

Someone looking for the next Russell Wilson, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson, DeShaun Watson type of QB.

And now he says 'Josh Rosen is our man'.
    Do you know what that tells me?
    Josh Rosen ISN'T their man..

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Well, since the pundits were all thinking that Murray would go to Miami, maybe Arizona trades Rosen to the Dolphins and then picks Murray?

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Juicy conspiracy theory.
    Me like!
    T

19. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I believe I heard a similar conspiracy theory last week.

20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Although south Florida doesn't quite have the Jewish population it once had, and even though Rosen doesn't profess to being a "practicing" Jew (neither did Julian Edelman until recent years), he does have the right name and could raise local interest in the team. And I think he has a better supporting cast in Miami than he did in Phoenix.

21. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  22. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    So that’s the secret. Break the law to guarantee a roster spot on an NFL team. Got it.

23. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    So what? If I see a potential employee who could harm my business, why would I hire him?

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    No idea who this guy is...T

25. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't disagree with you. But what do you have to say about the thugs in the NFL that either remain on rosters (Ray Lewis double homicide) or are picked up by another team within 48 hours of being released (Reubon Foster, domestic abuse) or signed within a few months (Kareem Hunt, assaulting a woman)...yet someone who didn't break the law remains unsigned. So none of those criminals are bad for business?