Various Rossos for 812 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Various Rossos for 812

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Lagunae92, Feb 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rojak

Rojak Rookie

Jan 8, 2019
    East Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Facciobene
  2. Rojak

Rojak Rookie

Jan 8, 2019
    East Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Facciobene
  3. Rojak

Rojak Rookie

Jan 8, 2019
    East Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Facciobene
  4. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I asked the tech team to look in to it yesterday.
    No reply as yet

5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    It is notoriously difficult to photograph triple layer colours. I have a very nice camera and have can get quite close (see pic below). This photo has no editing on it. I would normally edit all pictures because a camera doesn’t always reproduce a scene faithfully. But for the purposes of demonstrating the colour in sunlight without any editing I took this picture. It is quite close to reality with reality being better. Lots of resolution is also lost on fchat.

The paint itself is unusual in that it is a triple layer mica not metallic. This means that there are metallic spheres not flakes in the paint. Therefore the reflections are tiny shards of light rather than strakes as you would get from a metallic flake.

Edit; for some reason I had to do all sorts of things to get this to upload and it has taken away from the accuracy. The real picture is more bright blood-red, this is darker than the real picture.

Attached Files:

Sims123 and Lagunae92 like this.
  6. snowboy458

snowboy458 Karting

Jan 31, 2013
    Check Mr. Coburn Instagram page for colour inspiration. You can also see his Rosso Coburn Speciale.
    There's also an 812 in incredible Rosso Magma.

https://instagram.com/rossocamo

7. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I saw this pic in a mother thread, and saved it as inspiration for the color. It looks perfect!

8. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I just checked the link, well no one can accuse Ian of not liking red [ meat ]

9. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Right now the look of Maranello in the sun is leading the pack. That rosso magma is pretty intense, and I would love to see it, though I think I have since it is a Maserati color I hear.

10. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    250LMErik likes this.
  11. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Oh, no, different stripe...

Nelsonc275 likes this.
  12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    This is a better picture hopefully. One thing to note about RM is that in flat light it is quite a dark colour and unremarkable. In the sunlight it just comes alive - it has a dual personality which I like.

Attached Files:

Sims123 likes this.
  13. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    This is even better, yes. I love the color. Has that ruby/maroon/cherry look.

14. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #40 Lukeylikey, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    There is another colour. Rosso Portofino. When I was at the TM studio they had a Monza in RP and it was also beautiful. The sensational lines of the car help but the colour was very very nice. More of a Rosso Corsa shade but liquid and deep like RM. Well worth a look. This pic is just an iPhone shot. (Apologies, just realised the pic isn’t mine but I still think it is from an iPhone). Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant

16. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    There seem to be more and more reds coming into the equation. Perks to all of them, and a very consuming decision! I used t have a special blue M3, and the color was IMPOSSIBLE to capture on camera, so going off of pictures is difficult to get the true nature of the car. There was a color that I really liked in photographs recently, but when i saw it in person, I didn't like it at all. LukeyLikey's last Maranello pic is perfection to me. Is that a pretty accurate representation in the sun?

17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    As accurate as I have seen (the original photo not the fchat post). Imagine it 50% better than the picture above and you are close. The tone of the red is accurate though.

Lagunae92 likes this.
  18. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Is there a special name for the 70th anniversary red?

19. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Rosso 70 Anni

20. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    So what did you do for the interior of your car? Do the Rosso leather accents tie in? Or better to do something not red? Have black leather and alcantara, Along with some charcoal alcantara planned. Either charcoal accents or Rosso.

21. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I did the standard black Alcantara with red technical fabric interior with some personalisation (kick plates etc.) I wondered of the red would clash but it doesn’t. By the way, if you go on Flickr and search for Rosso Maranello Speciale, you will be able to find a much higher quality version of the pic above.

For my 812 due soon I used a new grey and Rosso Maranello lower section and bonnet stripe/detail. I stick to black count prestige leather (a TM option). I don’t think Rosso leather would go particularly well.

22. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I was considering a gray/silver stripe to match the calipers and tachometer. Breaks up the big car.

23. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Do you have a rendering of your new car?

24. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK