First Pista on sale in the US | FerrariChat

First Pista on sale in the US

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by kevin1244, Jan 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    blkdiablo33 likes this.
  2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Does not even dare to announce a price...
    My bet is that anyone trying to make money on a Pista needs to sell very quickly.

4re308, LARRYH, ZF123 and 1 other person like this.
  3. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
  4. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    GT2 RS's are selling nicely over MSRP. The asking price will be over $600k for the Pista.

5. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    believe that one is SOLD.

6. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    any idea for how much?

7. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    did not take long! It just came on the market.

8. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I wouldn't get too excited if the plan is to hold value or sell at a substantial premium.

In demand cars that are reasonably priced never hit "for sale" websites. There is a vast network of third party brokers, exporters behind the scenes offering, buying and selling cars.

Only the high priced (over priced cars that can't be sold through this vast network) make it to the for sale websites (debatable if it is even real or someone trying to manipulate the market).

Some allocations have come up with people deciding to forgo the coupe and going into spider instead.

I do have a friend who has revised his estimate from selling at $200K over sticker to now $100K over sticker (March delivery with $405K MSRP) and he is carrying a $80K loss on sale of Lusso which he leased/bought in order to buy and get an early Pista allocation.

If the purpose is to sell then better get it done real early.

On another note: I was offered a brand new, never titled GT2rs where customer cancelled his order when it arrived at the dealer. The ask was $85K over sticker (still hasn't sold). Subsequent feedback was that people were having a hard time unloading it at $65K over MSRP.

ScottS, LARRYH, uhn2000 and 1 other person like this.
  9. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    Not sure what to say to this post other than saying I am part of that "vast" network you are talking about! I have been for a long time. The sellers in this market and their behavior have changed drastically compared to just 10 years ago; including the dealers; mostly due to a larger pool of wealthy individuals looking for these cars. You could be spending millions on cars and still had to pay for a Lusso to get a Pista. We shall see how the market behaves on Pista. I really hope speculators get wiped out but this does not seem to be happening anytime soon. IMO, expect Pista's to go over $600k for a while. Anyone hoping for a Pista under $450k would be waiting for a long long time!!

stavura, clandestine, uhn2000 and 4 others like this.
  10. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Kevin, I called the dealer (very good guy to deal with...have done 3 transactions and every time it was super easy). There have been multiple sales and the least was $250k over. There was an east coast sale for $300k over. Based on what I have been told there have been 5-6 sales such as this so far...
    that is everything that I know.

ScottS, uhn2000 and kevin1244 like this.
  11. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    Thanks so much for the information. Regardless, I will be tracking mine!

Automoblog likes this.
  12. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    A friend of mine sold a $431k sticker Pista for $588k in less than 2 days to a broker. The broker got to make some from the actual buyer so the final number should be higher. That’s the only deal I have known of.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

09Scuderia likes this.
  13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    So count the Lusso and tax it was about break even.

Mbutner, RWP137 and boobernackle like this.
  14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    money laundering!

Mbutner, rmani, LARRYH and 3 others like this.
  15. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    How many people have sent you a private message asking to be put in touch with the broker -:)

ZF123 likes this.
  16. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just a guess, in the US, Ferrari has been very involved in which customer get's an allocation for a Pista and the first time these Pista's come in for service with a different owner, Ferrari will be having some interesting calls with the dealer and the original owner ie "no more Ferrari's for you"

17. exoticcardreamer

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    It's even before that. If car is financed then finance company will inform dealer of the sale... obviously if it is ferrari financial then they have even more details...

18. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I was wondering about that.

Someone buys a Lusso, loses 100k, then buys a pista, pays tax and then flips the car for 100-250k over.

What the hell is the point? I mean if you can afford to lose money on a Lusso and can afford a pista, is that 20k you just made really going to change your life?

Why would someone do this as it’s the last Ferrari they will get new.

19. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    I think the majority of Pista buyers like myself, we love the Pista and would love to enjoy it. We spend our hard earned money to enjoy what great Ferrari's bring to us instead of making some ez cash. Some ppl sell them probably they set their mind at $$ from the first place, and some ppl's circumstance just has changed when the cars arrive such as no longer be able to afford it, or having better cars coming, etc.
    Flipping new Ferrari's and flipping used Ferrari's are the totally different perspective.

iloveferrari and 09Scuderia like this.
  20. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Ferrari the manufacturer won't care, nor would spend the resources to track it down. Dealers have a right to sell a car to whomever, for whatever they please.

Regarding a Pista, it's the dealer who will get pissed, because you just took away a nice profit from them by selling a car to a broker, that's a huge loss to a salesperson too.

Look at all the LaF and TdF cars sitting around being flipped with nothing but delivery miles.

cridom60, iloveferrari and Gh21631 like this.
  21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Huh??? Dealers cant sell above msrp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Of course they can and do on preowned

09Scuderia likes this.
  23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Im sorry - in the usa a dealer can not sell a new car for above msrp which is why premiums exist. The dealer also cant sell me a car on monday and buy it back on Wednesday and then list is as pre owned. If they cld, the wld. The only reason premiums exist in the secondary is because they arent extractable in the primary!

24. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #24 boobernackle, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    Yes they can, car gets listed straight away to a broker, or mule buyer. Easiest thing is just order a Pista with launch spec and the rest is history.

With a used car, they're free to list it online and sell it anywhere in the world, as that doesn't count as market interference by another dealer.

The "Can't sell a car for above MSRP" is just another way to get customers to play.

Making folks buy a Lusso for a Pista is essentially having your cake and eat it too. You get to sell 2 cars, still make the markup money and beat any performance goals.

LARRYH and Gh21631 like this.
  25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Wtf?????

cridom60 and lm2504me like this.