PPF in Southern CT, Northern NJ or long island | FerrariChat

PPF in Southern CT, Northern NJ or long island

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Gum12345, Jan 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Hi guys, any recommendation? Open to both suntek or xpel installer. No precut guys. Thanks

2. Buzios

Buzios Karting

Aug 5, 2018
    I’d recommend Enthusiast Details in Mamaroneck.

Dai Baracca likes this.
  3. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
  4. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Avoid the suggestion in post #3.....ask me how I know.

5. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    How? :rolleyes:

While I believe they do good work on repair an body work (based on othe rpeople's feedback as I have never used them in the past), I didn't know they do ppf.

6. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    They did a ppf on my 550 Barchetta and it looks perfect

7. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami

Check out my experience with Bradan and search for others that have posted about the issues they had with them.
    Use at your own risk.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/meaning-of-barcode-on-ferrari-oem-rim-repair-see-pic.587768/

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Bradan is as solid as they come - he's done literally months and hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of work for me across 2 dozen cars (everything from f40 to LR4) and i've never had a quality issue. he brought my F40 from perfect to platino.

9. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Sorry about what happened with your car but what does PPF have to do with your experience? I have had a 550 Barchetta and a 612 serviced by them and I was extremely satisfied with their job. BTW, one of the very well know detailers on Long Island installed PPF on my Carrera GT. I had to take my car back to him 3 times because after a few weeks the film started peeling and coming off. After a while I gave up going back to him because it was such a waste of time.

10. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    It has to do with paying attention to detail when any type of work is being done....especially when a lack of attention can wind up getting someone killed as happened to me.
    It also has to do with how a company handles a problem when it arises....that's what separates the men from the boys.
    Sadly, they failed terribly with me and others in this aspect too, as evidenced by the dozen PM's I received in support of my claim.
    For others reading this.....USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Im sorry you had a bad experience but you are the exception and not the rule. Everyone makes mistakes and dan has always been a stand up guy to me and many others. Use at your own risk is a bit extreme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgt000 and Lorzen like this.
  12. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    I used Enthusiasts Detail in Mamaroneck for my Alfa QV. they did a track rap using SunTek. been 2 years now and it has held up very well no issues.
    multiple track days to boot

13. dailyferraridriver

dailyferraridriver Formula 3
    Owner

Nov 12, 2010
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Bradan has done 5 full PPFs for me and a few of my friends cars. Highly recommend them

14. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    #14 rocketman, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    At least you won't be killed by a mistake they make applying PPF which is more than I can say about having them touch the car for anything more substantial.
    Unfortunately the dozen or so folks who PM'ed me about similar "mishaps" they encountered with Bradan are understandably reluctant to post about it publically.
    The fanboys who Dan has called upon to support him have no such reluctance so logic would dictate that you take their testimony with a grain of salt.
    For whoever is reading this thread ( and the one I posted in another section ) the ultimate decision is obviously your own....but ask yourself if it's worth the risk of having to deal with a nightmare like mine when there are plenty of other honest, experienced and reputable companies in the area to choose from. I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Dan did not reach out to me - i texted him last night letting him know about ur slandering post. If 12 people PMed you thats worth zero because you cld and are probably making that up. Is your friend who referred you still using dan?

16. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    My friend, regardless of what you choose to believe, the truth is never slander :)

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Sure it is. The op asked where to get ppf. Bradan is fully competent.

cgt000 likes this.
  18. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Cant say anything about Braden but I can comment on economics and incentives.

Several hundred thousand in service... in general, service for top tier customers regardless of market segment is a very typical of what a lower tier person may expect is all.

Every shop in nj has people who have issues ive read them, sometimes its real sometimes its expectations.

None of them are incompetent. Issue's happen its how the shop deals with it.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Its bradan and not braden btw

20. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami

21. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  22. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Several inexcusable screw ups pertaining to my experience with a poor attempt at a cover up (one being potentially fatal ) negates all the fancy "smoke and mirror" pictures the fan boys elect try to cover it up with.
    For anyone interested a quick search will reveal my situation was not unique in that many others have also had issues with Bradan......'nuff said.

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Rocketman everyone heard what you said - no one cares. Bradan got my f40 to platinum. Call me a fanboy when u have a platinum car

LI2782 and cgt000 like this.
  24. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Couldn't care less about your F40.....doesn't impress me but apparently your entire identity revolves around it since you feel compelled to keep bringing it up.

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Quit stinking up the joint. Ur the one not getting the message.