19 Year Old YT'ber Gets First US Pista... | Page 7 | FerrariChat

19 Year Old YT'ber Gets First US Pista...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SLDriver, Nov 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I can't believe this thread is still going. It needs to die - fast.

timjen88 and iloveferrari like this.
  2. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    And I just stirred up the pot! Lol. Cuz all of sudden I am a old fart and butt hurt... .:( Nah. j/k.. just messing around

3. duxz360

duxz360 Rookie

Nov 19, 2016
    He got 2 special edition V8's from the dealership,Challenge Stradale and Speciale,had he kept one of them with his current 488 GTB he would've been given an allocation 100% but since 2 of those cars were 100% sold for a profit within a year from purchase... Dealers hate people who flip cars, thats the reason why LaFerrari initial buyers had to sign some sort of an agreement that they wouldn't flip the car in like a year or they'll get denied future allocations for special edition cars, Porsche started banning car flippers from getting allocations (https://jalopnik.com/porsche-to-crack-down-on-people-who-flip-their-cars-for-1795617610).

4. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    LOLOLOL... well I'm kinda an old fart I guess... sorry no harm intended you whippersnapper!!!!!

iloveferrari likes this.
  5. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    In the passenger seat all cars are much faster and scarier than if you're in the drivers seat with all the control. Drive it, floor it and then give us our thoughts.

6. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    #156 iloveferrari, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Of course, I test drove it for an hour, and it was still scary as hell! Definitely "feel" much faster than the 488 spider that I also test drove for an extended period of time. 488 sounds much better than 720s, but I felt like I was in the spaceship with 720s whereas when I was in 488, I felt like I was sitting in my own 458...

7. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Hmm until today I haven't driven I car I would say, well this is too fast but maybe the 720s will do the trick (the 650s was fast but not that fast). Imagine the 720s in 10 years hybrid or full electric. That's the car I want ahaha! I will be in the fence until all brands are balls deep into hybrids/electric. I want them to be proficient in the technology not a first time model you know?!
    And the Tesla Roadster will be something special I think, now imagine the second generation of it...

8. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    you talking from your own experience in the passenger seat right? maybe keep an eye on the driver :D :D

9. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Ahahha yes :D she’s much better looking than me and I don’t risk any tickets ahahah

10. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
  11. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

How about this , good for the kids for coming up with a better mousetrap and let them enjoy the fruits of their success. Instead of all the sour grapes , let’s cheer them on. I hope they keep it going and maybe they will inspire other mellinials. Best , Kirk.

theplanner, Boomhauer, tomc and 2 others like this.
  12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Right on like that 11 yo kid that reviews toys and make about 11 million a year !

Wonder if the first movie he saw was BIG ? :)

Cigarzman likes this.
  13. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Angelo, the haters are gonna hate. I say good for those boys, they have bollocks. :)

14. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    PSA - do NOT click on their youtube site...your brain will literally leak out of your eyes and ears.

You have been warned...I wish someone would have warned me. I've never paid so much for 15 seconds in my life. Its **** like this that makes me glad I'm in the backstretch of my time on this planet.

And don't mistake me for a "hater". I say "good for them". I just don't want to have to see or hear it.

stavura, Viperjoe and bwshihtzu like this.
  15. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Getting "hard to get" Ferrari's has never really been about customer loyalty. Its been about "influencers" since before that word was coined. Get yourself a YT channel and get a few million followers and you too are then "important" to helping Ferrari make money, money, money!

theplanner, Coincid and F2003-GA like this.
  16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Too busy making a real living

boobernackle likes this.
  17. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Interesting opinion. I'd think making millions of dollars as an influencer was a real living...

18. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Are you guaranteed that ? I think not - 300 million people in the USA and only a few make big money on youtube
    One should stick to what one's skilled at o_O

stavura, Viperjoe and energy88 like this.
  19. Benjamin Musakadic

Dec 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    Moosey
    #169 Benjamin Musakadic, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2018
    Prior to this he owned a 488 GTB that he had purchased from Lamborghini Newport Beach, so I’d assume they purchased the car off a flipper, or a miracle happened.

After doing a lot of research, I can confirm this was the first pista in the US. The car was a flipped alllocation given to them from Ferrari of Houston, they had to do the launch spec to get it first. If anyone wants to know how I know it’s simple. @craig_ferrariofhouston on Instagram posted a pista identical to theirs on November 8th, when someone asked him if the car was there, he said “negative, already delivered”. He confirmed it was the first customer car and a day later, the infamous video on Instagram of Lucas Dobre doing a burnout in the car got released

20. Sims123

Sims123 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Svizzera
    Independent of the autenthity of this story, F is heavily after young kids. At Mille Miglia for instance, F had a youngest driver award , that went to a 20 yr old.

21. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Now I read your warning?!? I don't get why some folks draw in subscribers, there are some really stupid channels out there making bank. But like you, I say more power to 'em. I only follow a few you-tubers and all but one of those deal with either guns or cars.

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I was told they got it from FoW from whom they bought a Lusso and 488.

23. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    No point bitching about how cars are allocated. Celebrities always get first crack at LE cars. Whether they are Schmee or Jay Leno or these youtubers. Life is not fair and never will be. Accept it and cater ones activities accepting that reality.

nads likes this.
  24. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    Hating will only make your own situation worse - just accept it and be happy for them and move on let these guys have fun! We have enough in our lives to love and cherish!

Gh21631 likes this.