Paddock Club French GP 2019 | FerrariChat

Paddock Club French GP 2019

Discussion in 'France' started by Aircon, Dec 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Going to this. I understand the Ferrari Club has its own section in the Paddock Club for a significantly higher cost. Should I pay the extra? Are the French Ferrari Club owners friendly or am I better off sticking with the general section?

2. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I can’t speak for the French GP but Paddock Club at the Australian GP is fantastic and my first preference every time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks for following me all the way to the French section and not answering the question anyway. *shakes head *

4. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sorry -I should have been more explicit.

Should you pay the extra? No

*shakes head in return and rolls eyes*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    French Ferrari Forum organised a trip to French GP this year and conditions ( parking, access,...) were so messy that no one wants to go back, so do not pay anything extra !

6. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thanks!

7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Not sure about specific organisation by a French Club - I will report after the annual meeting of the French FOC (early February) if I do not forget, we'll have the complete program then.

The issue with the current French GP is the location, it's a nice location but the access is terrible for cars in case of large attendance - there is only one two-lane road (i.e. only one lane each direction) to access the track, so eventually you just arrive from or depart to one of two directions on one single lane. While to arrive you may be relatively lucky since arrivals could be spread on time, on departure everybody is leaving at the same time so you could expect spending a few hours to reach the closest highway even though it's only about 10 miles away.

If you have time and plan ahead enough, you may stay at a hotel near the track one more night to leave the next day (but there are only two hotels there, one 5-star and one 3-star).

There is a small airport (for private aircrafts) nearby the track, not sure how expensive / easy it is to use it ...