Any Singapore Ferrari owners? | Page 3933 | FerrariChat

Any Singapore Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by DouglasNg, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should we end it?

1. Lung will Break

2. MP will Break

3. The Singapore Thread will Break...END IT!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Stryker1808

Stryker1808 Rookie

Jul 10, 2015
    Nice!

3604u likes this.
  2. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Thank you

3. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hi guys, I am entertaining the idea of getting a 430 sometime in 2020 and doing early stage research. My original plan was to import a replica Shelby Cobra but I'm told kit cars, even professionally built, are difficult to import and a $100k USD Superformance replica will be ~$400k SGD by the time I pay import duties and COE.

With that in mind I've shifted slightly to a $200-300k budget. Just looking on Automart there are quite a few sports car dealers - are there any to avoid? Is the 430 a good car for driving 3-5x per week in this climate? Any over heating issues? Will any aftermarket products improve reliability? I am thinking Tubi exhaust and other non OEM add-ons. Or I may just leave it stock.

4. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hello Jason. Guess you're not in Singapore motoring scene much because
    #1 Kit cars are not allowed to be registered so you can only keep it at home or for exhibition purposes
    #2 The authorities are very strict with mods with mobile squad roaming the streets and even visiting your home to check especially on your exhaust or tint and they will send u to inspection centers. Penalty is $500 for first time offence, $1000 2nd time & probably court order later.
    #3 Plenty of 430s are daily drivers so no issue in our weather but be careful of parking in places where they flood, not joking cos several supercars were drowned over the years

5. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hi mate, no sir I am definitely not in the local car scene. I'm currently leasing an Altis and a Kia for my wife and I as dailies. Yes I think I have come to terms with axing the kitcar idea. I'm currently building up a local restaurant chain here but sometime in the next 24 months I hope to purchase a 430 like I said. I'll trade a drive for some beer and pizza if anyone is interested! :)

6. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Hi all, Do any of you know anyone with a 308/328 who might want some modern HTD/GT2 cam belt pulleys. They allow longer belt changes (up to 9 years, 30k km) and are adjustable. I sold some to Sing but his car was an early (internal oil seal type) so he didn't use them. I have stainless spacers for use with the '79 and earlier cars I can send for free. Price would be £500 and there is no shipping or duty to pay so will be well below the usual price of £600 plus shipping/duty. cheers, derek
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. frank320

frank320 Karting

Feb 27, 2005
    Watchung NJ, USA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #98307 frank320, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    Anyone of you know who this Singaporean idiot is?
    If you do, stay clear of this moron with his double-sided taped fake racing wing on his Ferrari 430. Yup, you got that right, this vanity China-made fake 1m rear spoiler is attached using double-sided tape and the car’s paint clear coat above the engine bay....

It is liable to fly off and cause an accident and you sure as hell do not want to be behind this moron’s car when it happens...

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/more-diy-shares-100-stick-on-no-drilling-rear-wing.600260/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    Hi all,
    I'll be in Singapore next week for a business trip. I'll fly in on tuesday afternoon and will leave on friday night. are there any special car spots to check out? I' m not sure how much time I'll have after work but it's always good to have some info:)

thanks and regards
    Martin

9. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This thread is dead.

Any locals or ang mohs about? Anyone want to meet for lunch at my pizzeria one day?

10. 703

703 Rookie

Dec 16, 2019
    Anyone ordered F8 in Singapore ?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    sup? just sold the car. 1 years+ later, and its still stuck on the car.

12. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    Any guys recommend an ICE shop for aftermarket customs for the 458?

13. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    This thread seem rather quiet. ;)

14. Blazer86

Blazer86 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bernie Leung Chun Yu
    Hi all!! Just collected my f8 11 days ago! Hope to be able to meet up with some service members here for kopi one day

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3604u likes this.
  15. Blazer86

Blazer86 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bernie Leung Chun Yu
    Just wondering by the way... has anyone here changed the rims on their Ferrari? Thinking of doing so but have heard horror stories about e-diffs dying

16. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Hello boss

17. DouglasNg

DouglasNg Formula 3

Jun 6, 2004
    SG
    Full Name:
    Douglas
    Congrats, pls share photos of your car!

18. Blazer86

Blazer86 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bernie Leung Chun Yu
    GonnaHaveDatRariSoon likes this.
  19. Blazer86

Blazer86 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bernie Leung Chun Yu
  20. shauny89

shauny89 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Shaune
    Hey! Congrats on your F8! It's absolutely stunning!

Would you mind sharing what options you ticked? I just placed a deposit for a F8, and was told it would be a year's wait so I still have time to finalise my spec. Was wondering whether the JBL speakers and Passenger Display would make good additions.

Thanks a bunch!

21. Blazer86

Blazer86 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bernie Leung Chun Yu
    Hey bro! Thank you! It's my first Ferrari so I have lots to learn from the older bros here.

To be honest, I didn't pick much options... I.e. I did not opt for the carbon fiber pack as I knew I was going to choose black so no point getting it as it would kind of just blend in with the rest of the car... I did not opt to change the rims since I knew I was already going aftermarket for wheels...I was really tempted to get the racing seats, but seeing that sometimes my wife would want to take the car out for a spin she would probably murder me for making it so inconvenient for her
    so the only options that I chose were charcoal interior, red seatbelts and Apple Carplay...
    The passenger display nearly made it, but after some thought and seeing how it works on some review videos, kind of decided that it was largely unnecessary especially since the passenger can't do anything with it other than choosing between modes.
    Sound system wise, I always felt this is really a very subjective thing. I have met people who felt that spending additional on a sound system a waste of money when you should be just enjoying the sound of your engine. I have also met people who insist on having the best In Car Entertainment systems money can buy to enrich their journeys. For myself I have to say I'm from the camp with the former opinion as my father had instilled in me music isn't music unless it's from a proper Hi-Fi system LOL. Don't get me wrong, I love a good tune when I'm driving, but just spending 10-15 mins in the car and adjusting the Treble, Mid and Base could probably improve the music quality to a level that's satisfactory for you.

That being said though, after having the car for 2 weeks I kind of wished I had spec the forward facing camera. Perhaps cause I'm not fully adjusted to the dimensions of the car yet, I'm quite paranoid about curbing the front lip at a carpark. And despite not having the front facing camera, I still have the button for it on my dash but it does nothing which kind of annoys me that I have a pointless button on my car.

22. shauny89

shauny89 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Shaune
    Thanks so much for sharing, bro!

Thankfully, I'm not so much a carbon junkie myself so will be saving quite a bit in that regard. This is gonna be my first Ferrari too, and thinking of going safe with Rosso Corsa, haha!

I'll probably go with your suggestion for the front cam, but I recall the sales guy saying the addition of a camera at the front (from Surround View option) would mean they'd have to slightly shift the number plate from its usual position, and may not be as aesthetically pleasing. If the ala carte front cam leads to this, I'll pass as well.

The Passenger Display seems like it's nice to have, but as you said, and I agree, may not be of much use.

Now it's just the JBL audio. I tested the one equipped on the showroom's Spider, and quite liked it. Not sure how the standard system stacks up, but if you wouldn't mind, maybe we can give yours a short listen? Of course, only if it's ok with you, and at your convenience.

Thank you so much again for taking time off to share. =)

23. Blazer86

Blazer86 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bernie Leung Chun Yu

Ah! I see!! I wasn’t aware of the license plate having to shift to suit the camera. If aesthetically it disrupts the look then yea maybe not so ideal

I’m more than happy to meet up to let you guys have a listen

24. shauny89

shauny89 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Shaune
    Awesome! Thanks bro! Any way we can get in touch privately? I don't see a way to send DMs on the forum from my end (complete noob here), haha!

25. Blazer86

Blazer86 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bernie Leung Chun Yu
    No worries bro! I DM’ed you already... took me awhile to get used to this platform too ^.^