F355 Market | Page 134 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    Mmckee, TooFast355, Robb and 12 others like this.
  2. Swartzy

Swartzy Rookie

Dec 28, 2017
    Hesston, KS
    Full Name:
    Brett Swartzendruber
    That's a really solid point - sometimes it's best to purchase the car knowing what work needs to be done rather than with a "just completed major service." A lot of things tend to get passed on when it's just a service to sell the vehicle. In the aviation world you often see "sold with fresh annual inspection" which can easily be translated to "we'll pencil whip a logbook entry for you".
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

vdettore, Yassa, mshobe and 2 others like this.
  3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    When I purchased my 355 last spring it wasn’t technically in need of a major service but I still had it performed. I’m fortunate enough to have someone who knows precisely how it’s done and where everything goes to meet original factory standards (Tony Deremigio at Scuderia Performante). I now have the peace of mind knowing that my car isn’t only operating at its maximum capability but also that everything is as it should be. If that level of detail is important to you, if possible, I would recommend you find someone who has period experience working on these cars and know how to properly drop and reinstall an engine.

reimelmotorcars and carnutdallas like this.
  4. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
    good folks - hello - I spend a fair amount of time on this site - but always inside the 246 forum - I have '74 GTS

however I have always truly loved the 355 - the shape is superb - I ahem shopped for them on and off for a few years - I want a gated Spyder

well...I just stumbled across the chance to buy a '95 355 gated spyder - 20K miles - it's blue sera metallic with tan interior

is there a stigma surrounding the 95's as opposed to the 98 and 99's ?

the owner claims the following

"Selling my 1995 Ferrari spider pristine condition original miles original paint no dents or scratches rare color blue sera metallic #504-c tan interior Tubi exhaust Michelin pilot tires less than 500 miles on them gel battery 6 speed gate shift 20225 original miles Has had the 20,000 mile service done and the 30,000 mile service done with updated belts , this is real I am not a scammer please don't offer me a check I will only deal in person rides or tire kickers this car has had every factory service performed including all recall services as well as sticky interior parts This is the last of my car collection must go due to divorce I will not except anything less than cash in person selling the last of my car collection I am not desperate so no lowballers this car is beautiful and will absolutely be a super collectible car ! they only made 910 In 1995 and 3714 355 spyders ever built in total and less 6 speed gate shift cars runs perfect sounds amazing known as the Best sounding car ever made"

care to offer wild guesses as to its value ?

5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Cars are never as good as advertised, particularly with 20k miles. If the car is nearly as good as advertised I would say around $70-73k. Color combination may be perfect for you, but not the most desirable in the broader market. Even though the seller sounds more than a little odd with his choice in words, focus on the car. It’s all about the car. Make sure it’s well documented and by all means have it thoroughly inspected by an expert technician. If the seller resists, then simply walk. There’s plenty of cars for sale and plenty more to come.

6. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John

smart advice - I don't LOVE the color - I want red plain and simple - I am debating on going to see it - If I go I will probably buy it - lol

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    My advice - make a list of your must haves in descending order of priority (colors, transmission, etc) and focus on those cars.

E55amg9965 and Yassa like this.
  8. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    John,
    It seems we have the same taste in cars. I’ve just done an extensive major on my 355 and can help if you want to reach out.

Skipp

9. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Nice car Rocky. I notice you cross over the centerline....

10. rockminster

rockminster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2003
    Lake Tahoe
    Haha . You’re very familiar with the rear end of that car! Happy Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    The main differences between the 95 and the 96-99's are;
    1. 95 is OBD-1, which has 2 ECU's one for each bank, vs the 96-99 which is OBD-2.
    2. 95 has a little more hp due to the OBD-1

Mmckee likes this.
  12. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    3) 95's have no immobilizer, pin number or key FOB's. 96 and up do.

13. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    1. The engine ECUs are buried in the engine compartment vs inside the cabin.
    2. The y-pipe is a different designs as are the headers, which make engine removal a couple of steps more involved
    3. There is no third thermal control unit to report if the cat is burning up in the middle
    4. There can be 2 fuel pumps, two fuel filters, but it won't need to have the fuel distribution block updated
    5. And a lot more little stuff that is not as relevant to this discussion...

355dreamer likes this.
  14. mshobe

mshobe Karting

Mar 28, 2015
    Seattle-ish
    As the current caretaker of a blu scuro '95 GTB that needs some help around the radiator piping, I can only add that I'm obsessed with the joy this car brings to driving. Every outing is an occasion, and the little troubles it has caused pale in comparison to the memories it's made for me and my sons.

If you have the motive, means, and opportunity, buy a 355 that has great stories and the documentation to prove them. You won't be disappointed for a second, even when you're writing big checks for small parts.

MAD828 likes this.
  15. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Blu Sera is a tremendous color!

sjd

mshobe likes this.
  16. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    1995 was the best year IMHO, and as you can see, I like blues.

mshobe and 355dreamer like this.
  17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
  18. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    They have a long history of sitting on cars forever until they get their number or close to it.

19. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  20. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hell no! :)

21. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
  22. billwann

billwann Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Bristol Wisconsin .
    Full Name:
    Bill Wann
    I am still trying to sell my 97 355 . I have it priced at 72k with 30k miles and everything done, I mean everything but all i keep getting is tire kickers who are not even close to ready . I think I might just add more garages and keep it at this point .
    View attachment 4621813

23. billwann

billwann Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    Bristol Wisconsin .
    Full Name:
    Bill Wann

Attached Files:

24. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    In my opinion, the main things you have going against your car are 1) spider 2) not low mileage and 3) repainted. That repaint is affecting the value the most I think.