19 Year Old YT'ber Gets First US Pista... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

19 Year Old YT'ber Gets First US Pista...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SLDriver, Nov 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    For sure, a lot of money to be made if you can get the views. How many people are really watching the average TV show during the middle of the day? Probably not many. 2-3M views per day is some good ad space (well, depends on what you want to advertise and who is watching), but it's not like TV adds are super targeted.

Certain content pays more than others obviously.

I got nothing against YT. They're super annoying (even the "adults"), but hey, every generation needs there lame Teen Magazine and idols. It's not like the 1980s and 1990s teen idols were great role models either. They just didn't have this kind of platform. I will say though, my kids would never watch this ****. It's pure garbage. I'd rather introduce them to films with violence, sex, drugs, language, etc than this YTer ****. It's not the lowest form of modern day media IMO. Right down their next to mainstream news like Fox and CNN.

2. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Only thing is, if you're dealer has the "must buy a Lusso" stance, doesn't matter what they say. They'll just turn around and keep playing games. Lots of money out there, just a matter of time before somebody bites.

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    If ferrari goes the route of the lame ford gt in auditioning to be allowed to buy the car and screening based on popularity (ie reach)...I’m done with the brand.

LARRYH likes this.
  4. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    The famous have always had relationships with the super-marques, exploited by both brand and celebrity. Peter Sellers famously had Ferraris, Grigio Ingrid was named after ingrid Bergman, Steve McQueen and Porsche - there are many examples. We know about them because the brands wanted us to and it didn’t do the celebrity any harm either.

As the brands have got bigger and media channels have become more complex so have these relationships increased in number. It’s business, but still a small part overall.

Adamas likes this.
  5. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA

yes, just sit through the commercial to understand:

6. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The vast majority of NFGTs went to FGT owners, fleet owners, business owners with significant relationships with Ford, etc. Not that many actually went to YT/personalities.

Sure, there's always going to be some celebs with star power.

7. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Can't tell if you are being sarcastic.

8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Have to say the car looks stunning. The yellow calipers surprisingly work really well imo. Most Pistas to date all seem to have the red on red but I think this red yellow black combo works better. If these boys spec'd the car they did a good job.

9. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    #59 iloveferrari, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    I am bothered not because the kids got the pista and I don't, but because I feel that if Ferrari needs two youtubers to help publicity as the most recognized brand in the world, then someone in marketing department should be fired. Not all publicity equal to good publicity. This is not 2016 president election.

http://brandfinance.com/news/ferrari--the-worlds-most-powerful-brand/

energy88 likes this.
  10. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    What's all of this crying about not being able to get a Pista allocation...seems to be pretty simple ;)

11. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yep all this crying.... you fellas had your chance, you were offered to buy your lussos - you knew the deal. Money talks BS walks - these 2 boys had what it took. Why be sore about it?
    If you don't have the millions of views and the coin that went with that then your only option was Lusso....no point crying over spilt milk.

09Scuderia likes this.
  12. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Lol. I don't think people are crying, but are rather unpleasantly surprised by how Ferrari or the dealer handle the allocation overall. Mix that with passion and loyalty to the brand, these responses I think are only natural.

I did ask for a Pista, but didn't get too hurt when I know my chance is slim. But if Pista is natural aspriated, I will be ape mad at Ferrari and then I will just go ****ing order a 600LT. ( A Mclaren GM just told me yesterday a 2019 Jan allocation will be mine to take for mid year delivery, and I never had any Mclaren before. By the way, test drove a 720s and I was scared and laughed like a little girl when it was redline at 3rd gear, driven by the manager himself. And that feeling is way stronger than my test drive with 488 spider. )

IPO1 likes this.
  13. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I got the first Pista in 1996.

pshep138 and Shadowfax like this.
  14. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Agree 100%. Wrapping up deal on '19 720 this week...will pair with my .2 GT3RS and have a combo that is ideal for me. Who needs a stinking allocation.

Grab that 600LT...

SoCal to az and iloveferrari like this.
  15. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I seriously thought I was going to die when the manger drove that fast. It's how fast the car got to that fast. This car is faster than anything I have driven. 0-60 is meaningless. The 0-100 is just dead scary. I never felt the car could be that fast for me, but this 720s is just from different planet. So that's why at the end I was like maybe 600LT is enough....

IPO1 likes this.
  16. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    If I don't grab it, will it be similar to the same mistake that I passed the offer of the 45k over for a RS allocation last year? I somehow felt like that was a mistake... But I always paid sticker for all the porsche GT car. .. so I just said thanks no thanks.

Is the 600LT that revered? Really don't know much about it except the exhaust have flames!!!

17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Drive a 2rs - the sensations are amplified even more. Pista needs turbos. No question. 488 is faster than 600. But if those options aren't available then 600 0r 720 is your best out.

iloveferrari likes this.
  18. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Like you feel like you are going to die sensation? Lol

Shadowfax likes this.
  19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #69 Shadowfax, Nov 15, 2018
    It becomes an addiction. It's hard going back from that. Although I haven't driven 600 (yet) the overall sensations are quoted as far more visceral than 720, and as you say 600 will be more than fast enough. Plenty of used 488's and they lap a pip faster looking at the lap stats....wont be as visceral as 600 I imagine.

20. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #70 IPO1, Nov 15, 2018
    600LT is not an LE car but is limited production (1 yr). I think just depends on rest of your toy stash. For me RS and 720 are a great one two punch. Track car and DD that could track. For me 720 will slot in nicely. It's a wicked little devil indeed.

21. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Did you apply for one? Not only did Ford out right say they wanted people who would be showing the cars off and have a presence on social media, they wanted your Facebook, instagram, and Twitter accounts. I only own Fords and know quite a few other fleet owners that were denied. I'm glad John Cena got one and sold it 20 days later for a profit though!

dustman likes this.
  22. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I did, but did not get one.

DBK posts on this forum and admins the FGT forum. He will confirm where the vast majority of cars went. Take a look at all the forums and see who got one. It's not a coincidence that so many FGT owners ended up with NFGTs.

That said, sure some celebs and media personalities got one, but not that many. I can't even think of one outside of Schmee and Cena, but I can think of tons of FGT owners.

23. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I was at the dealership when they picked up a 720 and a performante. Apparently younger girls follow them on youtube. They pay cash, they cant get financed.

24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Yes I was being sarcastic. I bear no grundges towards anyone who buys extravagantly priced goods. Who cares. But when a company like Ferrari, that does not simply sell cars to those with the means and desire to purchase them and limits their most desirable models to only a select group, I do find it irritating that a highly sought after car like a Pista, denied to so many car enthusiasts, is offered to a couple of teenagers who care little about the car except for show.

25. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I know a guy that made one of those videos. It was pretty epic, he was showing how much Ford his business used (rows of Raptors and F-150s). He even showed his jet and said if Ford made a jet he would have a Ford jet. LOL! I don't know if he got one or not. I have talked to him since but forgot to ask if he got it.