F355 Market | Page 132 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff

If you don’t have health, you don’t have anything.....

Good luck

2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
  3. MAD828

MAD828 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
    Could not agree more. It costs a lot to
    Sort an F355 out. So paying a premium for one that is complete and fully sorted just makes sense. Deferred maintenance adds up.

4. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    So what constitutes deferred maintenance?

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Any work needed and pushed off and off. You know, deferred :D

Yassa and BOKE like this.
  6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Wasn’t a manual steering rack an early option on the F355? Has anyone ever seen an F355 with a manual steering rack, no power assist??

7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #3282 johnk..., Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018

Yes, I know, but I am wondering what people consider "being deferred" is. E.G., Ferrari recommends belt changes very 3 years. So pretty much everyone here deferred maintenance on that basis. Personally, I think of corrective and preventive maintenance. Seeing a torn CV boot and deciding to wait until the next engine out to "correct" it, is deferred. If it's broke, I fix it. How about not fixing sticky parts? Deferred or not? Not replacing spark plus at a major because they only gave 2k mile son them. Deferred or not? Not changing brake fluid every 2 years? Tires older the 5 years?

I think it's a term that is applied pretty loosely. Wonder what specifics other people think of when they say deferred maintenance.

8. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Here are a few examples that I ran into when checking out 355s for a friend.
    A/C not working at all or not all functions.
    Spider tops that won't operate or have been turned into manual tops.
    Interior stickies.
    Poor or no maintenance.
    Headlight motors.
    Hood/bonnet struts.
    Wheel damage.
    Immobilizer issues that are jury-rigged.
    Clutch issues.
    Recall campaigns ignored.
    Brake system issues. Original brake fluid in a 20 year old 355 does wonders on the ABS system.
    Headers / Cats gone bad.
    Body damage, paint or trim problems.
    And a plethora of things under the bonnet.
    Etc.

9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’ve seen all of these as well. It’s actually facinating how few exceptional 355’s there really are. Not man at all. My theory, which isn’t terribly unique, is that it was that first Ferrari that was geared towards the wealthy class for routine driving (aka, the “Porsche” crowd) rather than a more extreme toy for the elite fringe. Therefore, they were driven and enjoyed more like a regular car by people who didn’t necessarily worry about the details. Very few are actually first rate examples that were cared for properly.

MAD828, BOKE and Dave rocks like this.
  10. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Please don't be a hater regarding the Porsche guys, I am guilty of Porsche ownership as well.;) The guy that really got me into cars was Chuck Stoddard. Google him.

Neglecting Ferraris should be a crime.

11. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That's why putting a value on a 355 is very difficult as there are just a lack of equivalent comps. I've not found a 355 yet "that needs nothing"

As good as your car was when you bought it, that statement still held.

Based on what you put into it, I'd say you likely have the best 355 worldwide right now and probably the only one I could say "needs nothing"

But, I have an evil eye and could probably find something;)

BOKE likes this.
  12. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #3287 Rossocorsa1, Nov 4, 2018
    Not a Porsche hater at all. I love them. But long before Ferrari (and still today) they went after a whole new class of buyers who wanted something more extreme and they many of those cars we’re just grated lime another car.

13. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Just giving you a bad time.:D

Rossocorsa1 likes this.
  14. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    You couldn't give me a Porsche. There, I said it :D

Jakuzzi, Kruegmeister and 97 Spider like this.
  15. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Jakuzzi, UConn Husky, phrogs and 3 others like this.
  16. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Hah, my 2005 GT3 has its own following among the SoCal Stooges. They even said that it is a Ferrari of Porsche. Many stooges own Porsches and BMW in SoCal. I wonder why?

My wife loves her 997. Give Porsche its due, they make wonderful cars, just not named Ferrari.

BOKE likes this.
  17. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I had the opportunity and privilege to experience some of the finest Porsche road cars from 1946 forward. I grew up in Chuck Stoddard's garage. His son was my best friend growing up.

The current Porsche cars are awesome IMHO. If any of you are given one and don't want it, I will gladly take it off your hands.

A childhood buddy of mine made this event happen so I thought I should share. Steve Dimakos, the owner of the Porsche 911 GT2 RS uses it as his DD.

18. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I have many friends that love P cars. I'm sure they drive great but as for the looks, they do zero for me. Just a personal taste.

Jakuzzi, Challenge and JSinNOLA like this.
  19. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Many people have their biases for whatever reason. Many people have opinions of vettes and vette owners. Opinions which may have been true of the older types but a C6 and up are serious and seriously cool cars.

I grew up with Porsche’s and have an affinity with them that will always be with me. They are great, great cars and I have had them on the autobahn. I understand opinions but one must truly experience them before they express it IMO

20. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Yassa and BOKE like this.
  21. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

Sure us Porsche Guys are Stooges, when we say we are going for a drive, we take our cars to the twisty canyons at Angeles crest or Ortega, while the Ferrari guys throw on their Ed Hardy and hit up Rodeo Drive & sunset Blvd ;) lol...i kid i kid...kind of

22. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    #3298 taz355, Nov 4, 2018
    As far as I am concerned porsche builds high quality sports cars, likely the best when it come to quality.

I just do not find any passion in the design of any porsche.

The only one i have ever liked was the 911turbo style. Its still the nicest for me and likely the only one I will ever own.

That being said I am. Sure some porsche owners feel the exact opposite.

24. f355930

f355930 Rookie

Mar 23, 2018
    Correct Ferrari is for looks and sound. Porsche is overly engineered winning 24 hour races validating superior build by a margin!

25. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    In 1988 Enzo Anselmo Ferrari, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a small Ferrari flag in the window. "This house is yurs for eternity, Enzo," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Enzo felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a huge mansion with a carbon fiber sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Porsche flag, and in every window, a Porsche crest. Enzo looked at God and said, "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, ,but I have a question. I have a good manufacturer; my cars won Le Mans and F1 championships. Why does Ferdinand Porsche get a better house than me?" God chuckled and said, "Enzo, that's not Feridnand's house, it's mine!"

:D

Jakuzzi, audi_328, bcar1 and 4 others like this.