Mr. Glickenhaus | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Mr. Glickenhaus

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dilusha, Aug 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bertha01

bertha01 Rookie

Sep 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    bertha ales
    Will be fun follow

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Gotcha, and thanks for the no nonsense response in helping me identify who Steve was....as opposed to a smart- ass response like others.

I suspected that was who it was but his name shows Steven not Steve so I wasn't sure.

Ducman491 likes this.
  3. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #228 miurasv, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    I am not writing this post in conflict I assure you, but your posts and likes of other posts against me have been very aggressive, and yet you agree that my assessment was correct, so thank you for that at least. Glickenhaus has not been here for years because he wouldn't answer valid questions regarding DP3/"0846" but he is still making his claims and statements all over the net that his replica is the real 0846. Your post implies that he has stopped making the claims and I am carrying on for no reason, but that is not the case. I don't see you post on sites where he still makes the claims that his car is 0846 telling Glickenhaus to give it a rest. If it was you that actually did the hard work, whilst also dealing with constant abuse from clueless people, to find out exactly what DP3 is, and is not, which had to become very detailed with photographic proof covering all aspects of the car to finally convince, and present the evidence here you might see things more from my point of view.

What is very clear is that although many people do now accept and can see that DP3 is not 0846, some (not all) of those very people are very annoyed with me and unappreciative of the work done to prove it.

technom3 and Nospinzone like this.
  4. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    I want to add for Steve's defense that he did it publicly in a place where there was a huge adoring fan club for JG. There were a series of people that knew the truth but chose for an assortment of reasons to not detail the facts publicly. One of those reasons seemingly was that someone had a known litigious nature. Steve stuck with his detailing for all to see and did it in a manner that made it hard for any reasoned person to dispute.

Hopefully some here will appreciate that what was seen publicly on F-Chat was only part of what was really going on. A lot of it was not pretty.

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Thank you, Jeff. Just to echo, there's a lot many of you have never seen, and never will see. I deleted those PMs, emails, and phone conversations, a long time ago. I'm a car guy. I dig cars. But some of the stuff that went on was way beyond the pale. I used to be the number one fanboy for Glickenhaus. I guess I'm now the number one hater. But, I'm working my twelve steps. Simply put, Jim Glickenhaus is not worth hating.

Ps. You can bet your bottom dollar Jim Glickenhaus is monitoring this thread. Hey Jim, whats haps?

Nospinzone, JAM1 and Lusso123 like this.
  6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Strong words.

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Frankly, some things will never change, so why bother?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Lusso123 and tbakowsky like this.
  8. JL350

JL350 Karting

Jan 20, 2013
    #233 JL350, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    All valid points but you are ignoring that the 0846 debate is dead and buried. This group has moved on, you need to do that as well and not take every opportunity to derail a thread into 0846. I have no opinions on Jim either way. I don’t think this forum should be a vehicle of justice as all it does as portray you as a troll or vigilante, if the other party is not present then What is the point. Go chase him elsewhere where he is doing wrong.

9. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #234 miurasv, Sep 24, 2018
    I'll tell you what else is valid. It was not me that brought the subject of a certain car up in this thread or me the debate of it. It is not possible to speak about Glickenhaus without that subject coming up. The very many people talking about it in this thread demonstrates it. Yet, I mention it in other threads and I get permanently banned from one of them and a 30 day ban in the other. You say about Glickenhaus not being present and ask me what is the point? Well he is not present to answer why he isn't here which is the OP's question, so I will ask you what is the point of you contributing to this thread?

10. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Is the 0846 thread, the longest running thread in the history of the Internet? I'm being tongue in cheek (but who knows?); but as time moves on, there are more and more people new to FerrariChat who missed the drama. Assuming, the OP was not a plant, perhaps the best way of answering these rhetorical questions is to refer them to that thread. If they are too lazy to read it, so it goes.

11. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If he's still monitoring and editing Wikipedia there's not a doubt in my mind he's monitoring this site too. In fact, he seems to post on other sites in response to things posted on Fchat which is amusing. I gather that's because Fchat is one of the few information packed sources he cannot control. FaceBook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc. are the places he is best positioned to continue on the fable of DP003 being the Lemans car. And the one saving grace for truth is the fact that the '0846' thread exists on this site, and that people still talk about it so it's a relevant and easily findable source for information that summarily dismisses the claims JG is making everywhere else about what his car is, and is not.

12. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Otoh that thread doesn’t come up on google when searching for ferrari 0846 or similar?

13. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #238 miurasv, Sep 24, 2018
    Wikipedia have become wise to certain people editing the Ferrari P page with their nonsense and they have been locked out with the content now being semi protected. Now only autoconfirmed users can edit the content until May next year.

See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_P

14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The problem with referring to that thread is that it's in Rossa section. Why is that?

15. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I'm referring to the thread in vintage.

16. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Many years ago, I started a thread regarding a [now former] member whose claim to fame was winning LeMans multiple times.

Made lots of appearances, had lots of sponsors, print and TV ads, tried pretty damn hard to snake events from others based on his claim to fame.

Turned out he was a go-fer. Not a driver, save for transport of stuff.

To the best of my recollection, outside of that thread, I've only commented about the subject for what is now a third time. One of those threads was started by him, and I was a gentleman in my comments to and about that same party.

If someone isn't a gentleman, well, I'm not either.

Regardless of who said what first, it does not give you carte blanche to go on and on and on and on and on ad nauseum, particularly since you've already received multiple Captain Obvious Bans And Warnings regarding this very subject.

For once in your life, show a smidgen of restraint, rather than your hard-on.

"The pheasants are beneath me." - SoCal to az
    "I have very few pet peeves in life . . . " - PeterS
    "Change is inedible" - fc2

Ducman491, willrace and Boomhauer like this.
  17. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    #242 Terra, Sep 24, 2018
    . I think you meant "Enzo" if you're speaking about his road-going P4/5 (i.e. the racing version P4/5C used an F430 with V8 motor as its base). I now realize I'm belatedly repeating what has already been posted very early on this thread - - I just noticed this thread today.

18. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    A gentleman you have never been towards me. In fact you were only ever abusive. But who was right all along whilst I was receiving that abuse????

19. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I see

20. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    if you say something once, twice, maybe a half dozen times, it is probably enough.
    to say it nearly every post for years, is just abusive.

i know who i have more respect for, and it is not steve.

Ferrari 360 CS and willrace like this.
  21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #246 ylshih, Sep 24, 2018
    One of the undesirable posting behaviors we moderate can be described as "stalking". When a user finds excuses to bring up the same points about the same person on thread after thread, that's stalking. If a controversial subject or person arises naturally, through unrelated parties asking questions, say on this thread, then it's fine. Even still, this is more a meta-thread which mentions the issues surrounding the debate on 0846; there is no reason and it would be inappropriate for this thread to revise the 0846 debate directly. Users are referred to the 0846 thread for that.

But when a user interjects themselves into threads on new topics and steers the thread into their pet peeves and reiterates old controversies already hashed over and over again, then that's stalking. That's what you did on the threads from which you were banned. You have a specific thread to post your positions on 0846, keep to it.

22. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    It seems to me the best way to facilitate Détente would be to move "The (one and only) '0846' Debate Thread" from "Vintage" to "Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies". All of the evidence supports this classification adjustment, including the fact that JG hasn't provided any of the promised rebuttals. While it's not this site's responsibility to address the seeming pass some members have given JG, this move would provide some much needed closure on the subject.

Texas Forever likes this.
  23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    There really was a 0846, so there can be a discussion in Ferrari about 0846, just different opinions what happened to 0846. There is a bunch of original history on 0846 in that thread.

NürScud and TTR like this.
  24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    well, that provides some insight into your moral character.

25. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    I am not stalking JG at all. You are trying to gag me. All the information I have posted is factual, relevant or where there are genuine questions. The thing is you may be reasonable to request that people do not post about "0846" in anything totally unrelated to it, due to it understandably spoiling the subject of those threads, as that was the purpose of the "The (one and only) '0846' Debate Thread" that Wayne Ausbrooks initiated. But when the subject of a thread is Jim Glickenhaus the "0846" thing is inevitably going to come up naturally, as this is what he was first and most well known for on FerrariChat and in Ferrari circles. And it so defines him, even more so now with him perpetuating the claim in spite of the evidence. "0846" never coming up in a thread about Jim Glickenhaus is like a thread about President Nixon without Watergate coming up or Lance Armstrong and Ben Johnson without steroids coming up. If you want to contain talk about "0846" to one thread you will have to contain talking about Jim Glickenhaus to "The (one and only) '0846' Debate Thread" as well. And how do you decide which actual thread about Jim Glickenhaus you shouldn't mention "0846" or when it is okay for fear of being banned, as "0846" is referred to throughout this thread? I see you've justified yourself by calling this a meta thread. Clearly your policy is to just ban people you don't like. You couldn't ban me from this one as there are so many talking about "0846" in it otherwise I'd be banned from this one too.

Texas Forever and technom3 like this.