The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread | Page 270 | FerrariChat

The Official Ferrari 812 SUPERFAST pictures thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by dcmetro, Feb 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  2. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    If we are still talking about that one in a show (maybe Geneva?) I'd say chances are Rosso 70 Anni. I think this was discussed not very long ago or is this a dejà vu?

of2worlds likes this.
  3. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    I am a great fan of rosso TRS and I am seriously thinking to use it on my Pista Spider. But probably I prefer Grigio Coburn :)
    Last week I was in TM at Maranello and I compare TRS vs Formula 1 2007 (my alternative if I will go with rosso). Both are amazing colors and way better than rosso corsa metallic in my opinion. TRS is 3 layers and F1 is 4 layers but F1 is a little more orange specially in sunlight. Rosso TRS is pure deep red and shows the lines and curves of the car in a spectacular way.
    Here you can see two pics of TRS, unfortunately I don't have any pics of F1 but I guess you should find easily in the web or here

By the way you can't be wrong with both colors!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bundy likes this.
  4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    This 812 didn't appear to be photographed at Geneva. However it does seem logical they would promote the new Rosso 70 Anni but it is a triple layer paint. That is probably the color.
    Though the paint on the 812 in the picture to me looked darker but without the color depth that triple layer paint typically shows so just my guess on the color...

Garretto likes this.
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    ;) The Ferrari stand at Geneva looks little more ambitious than the other display room with the 812 >

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Looking forward to showing you my 70 Rosso Anni in a few weeks...(if the hurricanes/storms at sea don't topple the ship over :D)

7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Ken when it comes to Ferrari I am sure it will be smooth sailing. I believe some customers even track the progress of the ship carrying their Ferrari in real time. Then we can feast our eyes on your 70 Rosso Anni 812 in all it's splendor hopefully!!!

JagShergill likes this.
  8. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Congrats for choosing Rosso 70 Anni.....I saw one 812 at Misano during Challenge event and it's absolutely stunning. One of my favorite color for 812! For sure the best red for 812 IMHO
    You/we will love it!!

9. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thanks! Yes, "hopefully" - the key operative word. Have tracked my Porsches on different vessels through the years. Trying to find the one the 812 is on is a little more difficult but dealer is on it.

Heart rate increased a little after reading your post!! Thanks!

10. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Excellent, let us know if your dealer is successful in getting the ship info for your 812 passage!

KenU likes this.
  11. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Don’t say that, Ken! My 812 is on the boat, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  12. GK18

GK18 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gordon Kwok
    Thank you so much for the kind reply and the photos! Definitely very useful info. May I ask if you found the multiple layer effect is as obvious as rosso fuoco or like your favourite colour Grigio Coburn? And if you found the red is more like solid red or with some metalic flavour? Thank you so much again!

And I agree Grigio Coburn is a very nice colour!

13. GK18

GK18 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gordon Kwok
    Hi there, it is me again how would you compare Rosso TRS vs rosso 70 anni? I have not seen 70 anni in person neither, but my sales rep at dealer said it is a darker red than rosso corsa.... i originally wanted to spec 70 anni for my 812... but now a bit of undecisive between TRS and 70 anni...

14. KenU

KenU Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    Planet Earth
    Full Name:
    Ken
    LOL! Can your dealer get you the name of the ship yours is on?

of2worlds likes this.
  15. LF3

LF3 Rookie

Nov 14, 2017
    Full Name:
    George
    GK18. Have a look at page 248 and LF3 post. That is RC Metallica. A little darker than plain RC but not as dark 70anni. Fucco is more dark and purple and 2007 F1 more orange.

16. GK18

GK18 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gordon Kwok
    Thank you LF3.

Yes, I did read about the discussion re RCM. Seems member Mytoys who had RCm on one of his ferraris was not very satisfied w that and mentioned the difference is very marginal. That is why I was focuing on Trs and 70 anni. Thank you very much for giving me a good sense of their gradient by saying RCM is darker than RC but not as dark as 70 anni. Because i have seen RCm sample plate and compared w RC so now i have a sense on the 70th.
    Just curious if you hv seen 812 in 70th? I wonder if the multiple layer effect of the paint is very obvious?

Thank you so much again!

17. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    No, it’s not like a three-layer. 70thAnni is a flat red with a dark-red clear coat, which is what is unique about the paint. Triple-layer paints are exactly that - three paint layers topped with a traditional clear coat. 70th is very nice in that it looks like a solid paint (shaded only a little darker than RC in bright light) and in dull light the tinted clear coat is seen more lending a Rosso Mugello tone - dark red. The three layer paints shimmer more, especially in sunlight. You don’t get the same effect on 70th Anni.

I would expect 70th Anni is cheaper but don’t know that for a fact. However, though I have selected numerous three layer paints and love them, it may well be that 70th Anni will look more classical-with-a-twist for the future. I don’t know if three layer paints will enhance these cars when they are old and appreciated as ‘period’ cars or whether it will all look a bit silly and try-hard. For example, I couldn’t imagine a Daytona looking better in my beloved Rosso Maranello than it does in Giallo fly or Blu Sera or even plain old Rosso Corsa. There is no risk 70th Anni will suffer from that IMV.

iMrMark, GK18 and of2worlds like this.
  18. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Dear GK18,

in the last three post our F friends gave a perfect explanation how those reds are.
    For sure I will not choose RCm, I can say "you pay for nothing". Difference is very marginal. I saw a 488 in RCm and I was not able to notice the difference till I opened the trunk and I read the color on the options plate.

With both 70 Anni and TRS you can't be wrong but as I wrote before my personal choice for a 812 will be the 70th Anni ( or Coburn :) ). For my Pista Spider TRS!!
    As Lukeylikey wrote "70th Anni will look more classical-with-a-twist for the future"!!.....so it's matching perfectly the spirit of 812.

All IMHO

iMrMark, JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.
  19. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  20. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  21. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    Nicolas21, stavura, R J and 6 others like this.
  22. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  23. GK18

GK18 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gordon Kwok
    Thank you so much for giving me these very useful information. Greatly appreciate it!

of2worlds likes this.
  24. GK18

GK18 Rookie

Jul 13, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gordon Kwok
    Thank you so much ppg70! Greatly appreciate your advice

of2worlds likes this.