I’m moving to Overland Park Kansas and looking for info | FerrariChat

I’m moving to Overland Park Kansas and looking for info

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by moto5127, Jul 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moto5127

moto5127 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Hi,

I’m currently in North Carolina and I’m moving to Overland Park KS.

I have a 2001 360 coupe. I’m looking for info on personal property tax.

Also I spoke with black horse Ferrari shop. I believe Vince Hill is the owner. Is that the shop everyone takes their cars too?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Vince is great. There is also an active FCA Club, reach out to Chris Parr.

3. Robby Johnson

Robby Johnson Rookie

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Robby Johnson
    Welcome to the middle of the country. Let me know if there is anything else you might need help with. I'm new to F-cars, but I've lived here my whole life.

4. moto5127

moto5127 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Thank you Mr Lay. I will do so.

5. moto5127

moto5127 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Hi. Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the world of Ferrari’s. So I understand personal property tax is rather pricey on vehicles? The house I purchased is in Johnson County in Overland Park.

6. Robby Johnson

Robby Johnson Rookie

Jun 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Robby Johnson
    Personal property tax is tricky, as they base it on an assessed value, at least in MO they do. I'm not sure how they come up with the assessed value. I Just talked with a buddy that recently moved into KS from MO, He says you pay property tax when you register/renew your car. Not sure that really helps at all.

7. moto5127

moto5127 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    It does, thank you for the information.

8. wizig

wizig Karting

Jul 8, 2006
    Leawood KS

9. wizig

wizig Karting

Jul 8, 2006
    Leawood KS
    Welcome to Johnson County KS. We have an active club, more details are here http://kc.ferrariclubofamerica.org/

The property tax formula is based on MSRP (not sure if it is the specific car's MSRP, or the base MSPR), but it has a formulaic depreciation that compounds over time, so a 2001 won't have much property tax. You can input a VIN into this site https://mvs.dmv.kdor.ks.gov/VehiclePropertyTaxLookup/default.aspx

I couldn't find Ferrari listed (when searching by name), but if you use the amount shown for a 2001 MB S55AMG with $98,000 MSRP it shows property tax of $159, so you should be able to prorate to your MSRP....so my guess is that your KS Prop Tax will be between $200 and $250.

10. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    What part of Overland Park did you buy your home? Have lived in Overland Park for the last 35 years. Can help with anything that you have questions with.

11. moto5127

moto5127 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Hi, Thank you for the reply Sr. This information helps tremediously. I will look on both sites. I will be moving there in November. I would be delighted to join the club and the festivities. I see what your saying about make and model. When i did my truck it said 800 per year. It’s a 2017 tundra. I supposed newer the vehicle higher the rate?.. if its anything like NC..

12. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    Another vote for Vince Hill!

moto5127 likes this.
  13. Swartzy

Swartzy Rookie

Dec 28, 2017
    Hesston, KS
    Full Name:
    Brett Swartzendruber
    You would be hard pressed to find a more honest and capable shop than Blackhorse. I've known Vince for years and finally met Chazz when I picked up my F355 last weekend. They went above and beyond to make sure the car was 100% right and I was beyond satisfied.

moto5127 likes this.
  14. fly275

fly275 Karting

Dec 27, 2009
    Midwest USA
    Hi, I also welcome you to Overland Park. I grew up in neighboring Prairie Village and now have lived in Overland Park for 35 years. It is a great place to live. I can highly recommend Jeff McCormick at Rocket Motors in OP for service and any other Ferrari needs. I have been a multiple Ferrari owner for 40 years now and have known Jeff for more years than that. He has been working on Ferrari cars his entire adult life. He is a fine Christian and he cares about his customers and their cars. He has many customers that would not go to any body else. Please call me if you wish to get more info on him. And again welcome to town! Dennis Denlinger 913 271 7357

moto5127 likes this.
  15. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Do they still do the 'First Saturdays' at the Sheraton in OP?
    I am in Omaha and come down quite often, 6-8 times a year anymore, now I come down
    to hit the Microcenter store and KC Joe's on Roe, and then skip over to Lukas Liquors for some
    special wines...

16. wasax.rc

wasax.rc Karting

Apr 1, 2013
    In OP as well. Let me know if you need anything and Vince Hill and Chazz at Blackhorse... they are the best.

moto5127 likes this.
  17. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Yes,newer vehicles pay a higher rate. My 2016 BMW is higher than my 02 360, I want to say double.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

moto5127 likes this.
  18. moto5127

moto5127 Karting

Jul 23, 2018
    Thank you all for the replies and warm welcomes. I’m not currently in the Ferrari club but would like to attend some drives with fellow owners. Vince and Chazz just did some work on my 360 and it drives like a snare drum. Crisp. Sounds fantastic with the fabspeeds and tubi combo. Worth every penny. Does anyone know of any drives I could attend in the future? Again thank you all for the replies. Ron.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Vinc
    Vince is the man!!!

moto5127 likes this.
  20. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I drove by the Sheraton Saturday Aug 3 (2019), saw I think four cars there. Sad.
    About ten years ago I would count 25-30 or so.

21. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    Spring and Fall usually have better attendance. Lots of people show up late as well. There could be 4 cars there at 8:30, then 10 cars at 8:50 !!

22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I was there the first weekend in October, about 9:30, and I know that is late,
    but I saw 3.
    I am driving from 200 miles away (north)