Financing 488 spider | FerrariChat

Financing 488 spider

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ajitpal, Jul 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ajitpal

Ajitpal Rookie

Jan 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ajitpal Toor
    Hi everyone..
    Need advise for financing Ferrari 488 spider cost $425000.Planing to put 20% Need help for finding good lender for lowest interest looking for 84 month at least.I had searched on google about Ferrari financing the interest rate is more then 5% any advise or any smart play.
    It Will be deliver to me in October still have time to shop around

thanks

2. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Seriously, Don’t do it. You’re going to take a bath between the depreciation and interest rate. If the 488 was a appreciating asset perhaps. I would walk, no run. Sorry to be so blunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua and TheDiffuser like this.
  3. legendd

legendd Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Moshe levy
    Not true (the 5%)
    Ferrari offer 3.9-4.0 % if you have good credit.
    But on a 425k car I would put more than 20% if you can, or go with a 2016 for around 350k

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

TheDiffuser likes this.
  4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    $340k loan on a car for 84 months...wow. I don't think the rate range really matters at that point. 340k @ 3% is $4,493 a month and 5% is $4,806 a month. If it was a Pista Aperta sure finance it as it will probably go up eventually, but as above I would rather go for a used one.

5. legendd

legendd Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Moshe levy
    Agree, and add insurance to that soup.....

6. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
    OP - how old are you if you don't mind me asking. That's quite the deal you're looking at there. Money can be easy to get but hard to hold onto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Why don't you guys just answer the guy's question, no need to be a financial consultant and tell him how to live. There's always someone more frugal who can judge you for your decisions as well however smart you think they are, don't forget that. Also, you never know the circumstances, maybe the person has special circumstances that allows them to justify a short term irrational decision (terminal illness, future guaranteed proceeds (trust, residuals, etc)

Back on topic:

If possible I would also recommend looking into some lease to purchase options with balloon payment at the end, not the smartest decision, but will help you achieve the lower payment you are looking for. I used Putnam leasing in the past, they got the deal done.

legendd and paulchua like this.
  8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Are you buying through a dealer? Try Ferrari Financial. The interest rate isn't great but they do this sort of stuff everyday. Easy to work with. The Dealer has all the information.

9. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    + subsequent preferred access to new cars (earlier on list or even special vehicles)

11. Ajitpal

Ajitpal Rookie

Jan 6, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ajitpal Toor
    Thanks for the Response All respected member."Rosso" really appreciate You the 1st one who actually understood the question Sorry to say that but I well understood All expensive car deprecate fast if everybody think like that then nobody will buy the new car in this world.But owning the your dream car and putting the custom order and waiting from 8 months is totally different from used car the feeling the excitement you get is totally different and person like me who put the custom Order is know very well.I have more money to put down and 840 fico score as I think there is expert over here give me better idea or help me choosing right lender since there is few lender in market rather then discourage me as I feel since reading the massage IS IM DOING THE MISTAKE.

Anyways thanks for the help.And """"remember please you are on Ferrari chat room not in Toyota chat room so think from that level"".I think it is better to close the this thread over here

Again thanks Rosso and some another member for there positive advise

12. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

FWIW , my guess is interest rates will be even higher in October. Also you can save a ton of money by deleting some of the 120 k in options because they will bring you almost nothing in the end. I’m sure you could get a very nicely optioned spider for 350k as I did. Best , Kirk.