360 Manual Transmission Value | FerrariChat

360 Manual Transmission Value

Discussion in '360/430' started by drbruno, Jun 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Hello Gang,

I have a 2003 360 with a 6 speed manual transmission. It is red on tan. Factory shields and a Tubi exhaust. It is a no stories car with an excellent ownership history and all service records. The last major service was done in 2017. It has just shy of 25,000 miles (40,000 kilometers).

The condition of the paint is excellent. It is all original short of the front bumper that I had repainted and 3M coated as it was full of little stone chips. 9/10

The wheels are the original starfish without any blemishes and sport new Pirelli tires that were added by me in 2017.

The interior is in excellent condition and the sticky parts have been rectified. 9/10

Mechanically the car is well sorted and runs extremely well. The transmission was fully rebuilt when the clutch was replaced in 2017. It's a real joy to drive.

I am wondering what the value of such a car would be. I am considering selling it as I don't use it much but I'm torn as I do love just looking at it.

I would appreciate your thoughts,

Bruno

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
  3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    US or Euro model?

4. lucky34

lucky34 Rookie

Feb 21, 2017
    FWIW, there is very little for sale stock in Canada at the moment on very good condition 3 pedal domestic (real CAD imports) cars, other than 1 outlier that had a 60K CAD ins claim and has been modified, all of the stock is listed north of 115 CAD at dealers. they do sit for a bit though.. I bought mine (2004) similar spec but different colour last year for a bargain but when it was in at Daytona they valued it around the 115-120K CAD mark, it does have a minor paint touch up on the passenger door and is as delivered from the factory (full tub, shields, daytonas, challenge and all leather interior).. if you are looking for a fast sell then price it lower. . sounds like it is at the higher end of the quality market though.. 2 cents :) KK34

5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    You are in a different market with less cars, so I'd price it at $135K Canadian. It's resale red, and has shields, so a very desirable car. If you're patient, you could get close to that for it, but I'd take any offer north of $115K. Don't start with a low ask.

6. PFSEX

PFSEX Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    John Ratto
    US car or not? It makes a real difference.

Daytona seats or not?

You convert miles to kilometers for us (duh) but you don't mention the conversion rate US to Canadian dollars

Why did the transmission need to be 'completely rebuilt?' Red flag there.

Anyway, your car sounds a lot like mine...US car...2004...25,000 miles...red/black power Daytonas...Very nice and complete and stock.

I'd say close to $100K US if everything is spot on...no questions...no issues

Us car

7. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I'd say $100k-ish CAD to sell it. Higher if you don't mind waiting.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  8. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    They just don’t sell in Canada the way ppl talk them up on this site.
    Here’s a couple that have been on the market for more than 2 years without any price movement.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mississauga-peel-region/2002-ferrari-f360-modena-spyder-360-modena/1357515463?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/ferrari-360-modena/1358181005?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I remember you bought about a year ago. I thought you paid on the high side, respectfully, but it likely would have worked out in the wash if you had it for a few years. Selling cars soon after paying to sort them out, usually stings quite a bit.

Americans dont relish bringing cars back from Canada.
    And if you price high, and don’t sell by late summer, your chances of selling it without a price drop diminish significantly in the fall/winter up here.

9. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Thanks all. It’s a Canadian car. I’ve decided to keep it and enjoy it when I can.

10. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    smart, I think this will pay off better in the long term, both emotionally and financially.

11. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Same question as PFSEX about the clutch and transmission. BIG RED FLAG. Does not sound good at all. If the clutch and tranny were blown up the previous owners must have been very clumsy with their left foot and right hand and or it saw rough track time.

12. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    That isn't a valid assumption. A lot of things can cause transmission issues. Three that pop to mind are:
    - The syncros are a known weak link
    - Not noticing a heat exchanger failure
    - Someone forgot to fill the oil or filled with the wrong oil

I am aware of some bearing failures but don't have much detail on them so I didn't list them.

13. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    You are correct. Jumped to the worst case assumption without knowing the reason for the trans/clutch failure.

14. drbruno

drbruno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2014
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Dr. Bruno L. Venditt
    Boy, some of us can be so dramatic!!! I just checked the invoice. Work order states: "Client states hard getting into second gear when cold and occasionally grinds". It ended up being a synchro issue (worn) as well as the shift lever bushing (known to fail). First and second synchros were replaced along with roller bearing and clutch. The shift lever bushing was replaced with an updated Hill Engineering bushing - more robust. In reviewing the invoice, I suppose my statement of "transmission rebuild" was dramatic! At any rate, the car shifts phenomenally!

15. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Bruno is this the car you were considering purchasing from Ferrari of Quebec last year? If it is, did you have an independent do the PPI or was it the dealership? What are your thoughts of the dealership? I'm considering heading to Montreal to look at a car they have listed.