The Swiss Thread | Page 71 | FerrariChat

The Swiss Thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Pav, Aug 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I don't know if this interests any local members, but http://cars.coffee will hold on July 7th, a meeting in Geneva. Seems you need to register and hand over some cash, but I believe it will include food, drinks, and some other stuff for the participants. More info here if any owners wish to sign up, I've yet to make up my mind (as I'm not sure if they consider a Modena as prestigious enough): http://cars.coffee/en/find-events/cars-and-coffee-geneva-2018

Also, I know it's short notice, as today is a monthly car meetup once again at the Colovray stadium parking in Nyon. I'll be there in about an hour...

2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Sir_Ferrari and of2worlds like this.
  3. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
  4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Wonderful to see owners enjoying their Ferrari models with nice weather. The GTC/4 has always lived in the shadow of the Daytona but at least they did so with power steering! Thank you for sharing these images Marcel.

5. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Modulo_B and of2worlds like this.
  6. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Surprise in the sense that I was expecting the traditional dealers from Zürich/Zug area to take over the Ferrari representation in Zug. Auto Pierre Sudan seemed a bit weird to me. First, the premises are old and somewhat barely ideal to sell Kia cars, not a super luxury brand. Second, every time I pass by, parked outside the shop, there are a ton of brand new Quattroportes and Ghiblis covered in dust.

Since Kanton Zug probably has the highest Ferrari per capita in CH, I am expecting Kessel to build an amazing showroom very soon.

7. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Zug is not the canton with the highest Ferrari per capita in Switzerland. It is Basel-Stadt.
    Re a Sudan successor you must know that not just every traditional car dealer from Zürich/Zug area could apply. Three official F dealers in Switzerland were asked and two refused.
    As for unsold Maseratis you must know that Swiss dealers lose more than 1'000 CHF on every single new Maserati sold! Nobody wants them and you cannot make any profit with them. That's also why several significant dealers have given up their contracts, in order to avoid losing more money.

Marcel Massini

Flavio_C likes this.
  8. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Love that blue 512. Thanks for the pics guys.

9. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Just out of curiosity, why would Basel city have the highest number of Ferrari's per capita? I know of a few large companies based thereabouts (worked for a few of them in my role), but didn't think it'd be the Swiss hub for F-cars?

10. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I was out walking today at around noon, and just past the Schilliger Garden Center in the town of Gland, I saw a gunmetal matte colored F12 with a red 1000 Miglia sticker on the front, and I think it was a number 558 in a white round sticker on both sides of the car. Anyone know what that was about? Seems the driver was checking something on his phone or nav, and then sped off in the direction of Lausanne...

11. F12KID

F12KID F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 27, 2013
    Tribute to 1000 Miglia - 558 was not an F12 but a Speciale Aperta, 568 was an F12 and 588 was an 812SF

12. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    So must have been the 568 then. Thought they were maybe heading to some show...

13. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    This weekend 26/27 May 2018 Swiss Classic World in Lucerne. Ferrari Classiche is represented by Niki Hasler AG and they will be showing several Ferraris of the 1960s.

Marcel Massini

14. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Also on this same weekend, Foitek AG Ferrari meeting at Schloss Laufen in Dachsen near Schaffhausen.
    And only a few kms away from that event is Raduno Classico #8 in Andelfingen (Sunday).
    This is for all those that don't travel to Como-Cernobbio for the Villa d'Este Concours (25-27 May 2018).

Marcel Massini

15. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    Hi everyone,

I do not know if already posted...

Reviving a Swiss tradition dating back to 1927 in Geneva, theConcours d'Elégance Suisse (3rd edition) will celebrate again Automobile Heritage and the Art of mechanical engineering from Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th June 2018 in the exquisite setting of the grounds of the Château de Coppet, historic home of Madame de Staël, offering a panoramic view of the Mont-Blanc and Lake Geneva.

The Concours d'Elégance Suisse will display a selection of spectacular classic automobiles rarely seen in public. On this occasion, the "Future Classics" from 1970 to 1985 will be again featured as an official concours class.

https://www.concoursdelegancesuisse.com/

KEY FACTS
    • The Concours d'Elégance Suisse is located 15 minutes from Geneva and 30 minutes from Lausanne
    • Friday: Tour d’Elégance including lunch and the Concours' inaugural party on the concours' lawn
    • Saturday: Concours preview including lunch at the Château, opening to the public at 12pm and the
      traditional Owner's Dinner in the evening
    • Sunday: Concours d'Elégance and Award Ceremony
    • Annual theme: 1920 - 1939: From Design to Modernity
    • 60th anniversary of the Aston Martin DB4 and of the Ferrari 250 GT Coupé Pinin Farina
    • 40th anniversary of the Paris-Dakar Rally
    • Ten other classes will celebrate automobiles from 1920 to 1985. Click here to view the list of classes
    • Jury composed of members of the International Chief Judge Advisory Group (www.icjag.org)
    Below the official classes for the 2018 Concours d'Elégance Suisse:

A-1 1920 - 1929, from Modernity to Design, open cars

A-2 1929 - 1929, from Modernity to Design, closed cars

A-3 1930 - 1939, from Modernity to Design, open cars

A-4 1930 - 1939, from Modernity to Design, closed cars

B-1 Hispano-Suiza

C-1 Ferrari front engines

C-2 Ferrari rear engines

D-1 Swiss coachwork

D-2 French coachwork

E-1 60th anniversary of the Aston Martin DB4

E-2 60th anniversary of the Ferrari 250 GT Coupé Pinin Farina : in this class, the organizer is still seeking some cars ... if you have one in your garage or in your relationships, you can contact him !

F-1 40th anniversary of the Paris-Dakar Rally

G-1 Sports cars 1940 - 1970

G-2 Sedan cars 1940 - 1970

H-1 Futures classics, ultra luxury sedans 1970 - 1980

H-2 Futures classics, ultra luxury sedans 1981 - 1985

I-1 Motorcycles

16. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Is this one coming to CH maybe? :)

17. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Owner of this car lives near Zug, Switzerland.

Marcel Massini

JuLiTrO likes this.
  18. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    Seems like a great event!

19. Cearabc

Cearabc Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Pfunds, austria
    Full Name:
    Derek cornelissen
    Hi Ferrari Owners! I was wondering which cars will be going to the Ferrari club event (Switzerland and Austria) in Samnaun this weekend?

Greets, Derek

20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Yesterday Sunday, 27 May 2018, at Dachsen (Rheinfall), near Schaffhausen, Switzerland, around 55 Ferraris participated in the Foitek organised event.
    Unfortunately once again some poor "GTO Replica" was displayed and the majority of the spectators were simply fooled.
    Some impressions.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sir_Ferrari, JuLiTrO and Timo Seefeld like this.
  21. leopard881

leopard881 Karting

May 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    David
    isn't the photo showing the Autobau's GTO? ... ???

22. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Yes, that’s the 330 GTO of Fredy Lienhard from Autobau. What is wrong with this car, Marcel?

Markus

23. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    the Autobau car is a replica
    based on a 330 GT 2+2 1964

24. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It is a fake. Not a GTO. Zero connection to a genuine GTO.

Marcel Massini

25. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Sunday 3rd June 2018, from 10 am onwards.
    Cars & Coffee at Castle Feldschlösschen in Rheinfelden.

Marcel Massini