The Swiss Thread | Page 70 | FerrariChat

The Swiss Thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Pav, Aug 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Sir_Ferrari and JariT like this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    NEXT weekend, Saturday/Sunday 28/29 April 2018 official Ferrari dealer Niki Hasler AG will celebrate their Grand Opening of their new facilities at Hardstrasse 15 in Basel. Two days full of acticities.
    There will be no fewer than nine (9) Portofinos for test drives available, the new 488 Pista will be presented as well. Two special tailor made 812 Superfasts will be shown. On three big white pedestals in their huge showroom will be presented the superscarce 330 GTO Berlinetta Scaglietti #4561 SA, the 512 M Berlinetta race car from 1971 #1018 and a La Ferrari as well. Their newly opened Classiche Department is also full of cars. This is a two day event and very highly recommended.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    View attachment 2533874

Attached Files:

3. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Drove up to St-Cergue from Nyon (great road with +70 bends), and on the way down, met a cortege of over ten California's, all driving up the mountain pass, quite a sight :)

4. JariT

JariT Rookie

Nov 25, 2011
    Switzerland
    #1729 JariT, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    We had a great ride to Blackforest on April 15th. Quiet roads from other traffic was letting us to enjoy Ferrari performance :)

Attached Files:

JuLiTrO likes this.
  5. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    JariT and Timo Seefeld like this.
  6. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Too bad I can't make it.

Your former 599?

Gr. Martin

7. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I can't believe I missed the event in Zurich! For some reason I thought it was this weekend. I am going to go to Basel this weekend and see all of you. I am looking forward to it.

Does anyone here think I'd have issues getting in to the event? I am a member of the Ferrari Owners Club of America but do not have my membership card with me. Also, I don't speak German.

8. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No.

Marcel Massini

9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #1734 Marcel Massini, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    You won't have any problems at all. This has nothing to do with any Ferrari club.
    Grand Opening of the new facilities of official dealership Niki Hasler AG in Basel this Saturday and Sunday 28/29 April 2018.
    You will have the chance to test drive a new Portofino, there will be at least 8 (eight) of them available. There will be a number of official factory test drivers from Maranello on hand as well.
    You will also have the chance to see some extremely valuable and superrare classic Ferraris of the 60s and 70's.
    Also on display will be several tailor made Ferraris including a 812 Superfast and an FF with a special Zegna interior. Plus a Ferrari La Ferrari in Grigio Ferro.
    And much much more.

Marcel Massini

PaulK, JuLiTrO and tifoso2728 like this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    PaulK and JuLiTrO like this.
  11. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That is reassuring to hear. I remember you from my Cavallino magazines. I look forward to meeting you, David, and everyone else very much.

12. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Today in Basel.
    Just a few of the more than one hundred Ferraris at the Grand Opening of the new facilites of the official dealer Niki Hasler AG.

Marcel Massini

13. leopard881

leopard881 Karting

May 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    David
    An epic Ferrari event at Niki Hasler's shop! - and what's better than combining the best with a ride in the Black Forest.... - I just must repeat that tomorrow again :) !

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #1739 PaulK, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Today was an epic day and we'll go down in my memory banks is one of the best. This was in no small part to David (Leopard881) and his hospitality.
    Niki Hasler's new showroom did not disappoint as there were numerous exquisite Ferraris in attendance- some of which will likely be the only time in my life that I would see them in person, such as a 330 GTO. I also got to meet Marcel Massini, whom I've read about since I was a kid in Cavallino.

After the party, David took me out across the border into Germany to where the pedal hit the floor on his 360 Challenge.

You Swiss have everything anyone could ask for, except the ability to drive fast! I know you are all a humble lot but please don't mind if I post a bunch of pics.

Thank you again David for such great company and a wonderful time!

Also just FYI sort of these photos might be a little small messed up- I only have my phone to work with.

Attached Files:

of2worlds likes this.
  15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Paul

Thanks for the pix, kool meeting you, thanks for introducing yourself. I am sure you enjoyed the day to the fullest.

Marcel Massini

PaulK and of2worlds like this.
  16. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    Looks like you had a great time, and a huge variety of cars as well to see! Very nice :)

PaulK likes this.
  17. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Guys

Don't forget that in less than one week, on Saturday , 5th May 2018, from 0930 am will be another Ferrari meeting at Garage Niki Hasler AG in Basel. This will be the AGM Annual General Meeting of the Ferrari Owners Club Switzerland. Expect dozens of Ferraris.

Marcel Massini

18. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Ronnie Kessel and Kessel Auto Zug AG have now officially been announced as successor of Pierre Sudan as official Ferrari dealer in Zug, Switzerland.
    Kessel already runs the dealership in Lugano (Pambio Noranco), which his father Loris Kessel (deceased) founded decades ago.

Marcel Massini

tifoso2728 and of2worlds like this.
  19. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You're quite welcome Marcel, it was great meeting you as well. I look forward to the next time.

Yes indeed. Really a day to be cherished forever. :)

20. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    This weekend in Switzerland:

Saturday, 5th May 2018, AGM of the FOC Switzerland at Garage Niki Hasler AG in Basel.
    Sunday, 6th May 2018, Ferrari 365 GTC/4 Coupé meeting organised by Jacques Trachsel at Restaurant Kreuz in Kaiserstuhl/AG (starts at 09.30 am).
    Sunday, 6th May 2018, OSMT Oldtimer Sunday Morning Treff at the Stierenstallugnen in Zug, Switzerland.

Marcel Massini

21. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    There is also the Arbon Classic this weekend 5th-6th May

22. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Wow, that came as surprise. Do you know more info on the deal? Kessel is stayting at Pierre Sudan own building so I might guess that they reached an agreement to transfer the Ferrari representation in Zug.

23. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    No surprise at all.
    Sudan is approx. 85 years old, with no family, and refused to invest any more money. He did not want to build a new showroom. His contract with Ferrari ended and the factory was seeking a successor. They selected Kessel (who is connected with huge Italian Ferrari collector Giorgio Perfetti's daughter, who all live near Lugano, for security reasons). But Kessel Zug will soon have to increase the dealership with new building, garage and showroom. For the moment, yes, they stay at Sudan's building but that is gonna change soon.

Marcel Massini

24. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Sensational turnout today for the FOCS AGM held at Garage Niki Hasler AG in Basel, Switzerland.
    Besides many newer Ferraris there was a 365 GTC, a Daytona, an F50, a shortnosed 275 GTB, a 275 GTS Spider, two 365 GTC/4's, and many many more.
    Outstanding service and perfect organisation with extremely friendly people.

Marcel Massini