Work Truck | FerrariChat

Work Truck

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by xotik, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I put my wife on a mission to find me an old work truck. I needed something to make dump runs, haul materials for my rental properties, etc. that I didn't have to worry about scratching or damaging. My criteria was only that it was dependable and cost less than a grand, and possess the ability for me to sell for my purchase price when I am finished with my projects. Here's what she found me:

It's a 1997 Dodge Ram SS/T. Turns out these are limited production trucks that came out during the early sport truck craze. It has the tuned 360 in it with special exhaust, and all sorts of other goodies. This thing is fast, and runs like a top. Once I am done working it I may have to fix this little jewel up and keep it!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

The progenitor of the current P/U design phase.... huge sales increase for Dodge.

Nice looking truck.

3. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Fit and finish were always a problem with dodge. But this one seems perfect for what you want it to do.

4. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    I think your wife and I might get along! :D

5. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Nice and buy the Amigo for it as a friend ;).

6. xotik

xotik Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2009
    Gulf Coast
    Full Name:
    Chad
    The Amigo is mine already. I've had it a few years.