1994 348TS 'Factory Challenge' Car | FerrariChat

1994 348TS 'Factory Challenge' Car

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by foresterguy, Mar 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. foresterguy

foresterguy Rookie

May 22, 2015
    Full Name:
    Steve M.
    Noticed this morning in Hemmings that one of the 13 1994 348TS factory Challenge cars is for sale by a dealer in Miami, Florida. According to my records this car (98188) sold in 2014/2015 by MBrandon Motorcars. The dealer is asking $124,000. Also, noticed that the Ad description is almost word-for-word the same as the MBrandon Motorcars Ad from 2014. It appears that it has only been driven 138 miles since 2015.
    Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with dealer/owner or any other entity associated with this car. I am posting this for those who may follow these cars.

2. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    link to the dealer?

3. foresterguy

foresterguy Rookie

May 22, 2015
    Full Name:
    Steve M.
  4. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Nice car, but with no Challenge equipment installed, and presumably no race history, what's the point? It's certainly a very good example of an unusual 348, but IHMO they aren't "real" Challenge cars unless they have their race equipment and competed in the Challenge Series.

KMR968Turbo likes this.
  5. leopard881

leopard881 Karting

May 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    David
    +1!

6. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Thanks to foresterguy for posting this. My records coincide with yours. In fact, the ad text is the same as the MBrandon listing.

To some of us, an unraced factory Challenge car is the holy grail of 348 Challenges. It's not like the old cars that were raced by the biggest names in racing history-- most Challenge cars were driven by gentlemen racers, and they were often pranged. I can see where a Challenge car driven by a known racer with an unblemished history would be more valuable, but I'd rather own this factory built car than a dealer conversion or one that had been beaten up on.

If you buy a 250SWB driven by Stirling Moss you're buying history, as well as the car. If you buy a 348 Challenge raced and wrecked by Joe Blow the arbitrageur, you're buying an old race car that's been repaired.

In any case, the 348 Challenge is the first and the rarest of the Challenge cars. Making them, like all Ferraris, special, regardless of their history.

7. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Yes, I did sell this car back in 2014. I can't speak for the condition of the car currently, but when I owned it, it was fantastic. My ad copy pointed out the few issues with the car (paint, etc.), but at the end of the day, it's an extremely rare unconverted factory Challenge car.

I'm a little peeved that the seller is using my ad copy verbatim, and I've called them out on it before when the car was advertised a couple of years ago.