Planning my next trip - ideas wanted Santander to Lake Como and back | FerrariChat

Planning my next trip - ideas wanted Santander to Lake Como and back

Discussion in 'Europe' started by 100badboy100, Feb 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi

First of all apologies for writing in English but you really would not want me to write in French or Spanish!

I'm just planning my next big trip in my 488 in May and am thinking as an outline the following below and looking for ideas of places to visit see and stay on the trip and maybe meet up with some other owners to drive part of the way

Starting off in Plymouth and put the motor on the ferry to Santander in Spain then....

Santander
    Pyrenees national park
    Millau viaduct
    St tropez
    Monaco
    Milan
    Then on to lake Como, stay there for a couple days then drive back to Santander or Bilbao and get the ferry back to Plymouth.

I don't know that part of Spain very well and have only been to the South of France a couple times, so any ideas on routes or things to see or places to visit would be appreciated.

Looking to go 2nd week of May for a couple weeks.

Regards

Michael

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Take a look at some of the tours here for ideas of where to go http://www.driveespana.com/itineraries/

At the other end both roads to Bellagio are quite scarey narrow but east is slightly better

3. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
  4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    1) Near Milan I would strongly suggest that you go to Monza in a Sunday and take part of a track day session. If I am remember there are 25 and 50 minutes sessions during the day. There are even specific days for the Ferrari Club Italia. Just check the Autodromo Nazionale Monza official website for more info.

2) The highways between Milan and Monaco are AWESOME with low traffic. It's well-known that current and ex-F1 drivers do this route at "above average" speeds and are greeted by the Polizia Stradale. :D

3) Milan itself is bad for driving but the tangenziale can be a lot of fun.

4) In Como I strongly recommend Villa D'Este, even if you go there just for the lunch.

5. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
  6. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi Flavio

Thanks for the tips some great ideas

Regards Michael

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. 100badboy100

Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hi simon

That looks like a really good place to visit.

Thanks for the tip

Regards Michael

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk