488 GTO ? | Page 149 | FerrariChat

488 GTO ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wab0625, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017

In honour of the upcoming Ferrari 488 GTO......I give you a song the sums up its performance anticipation

2. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    :confused: Who cares... Definitely not me.

G. Pepper, TomTom77, Bundy and 4 others like this.
  3. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Mecca are obsessed only by performances, but today you can never win for a long time in that department, there'plenty of hypercar and everyday a firm decides to build one f1 road car or a super aerodynamics experiment with 4 wheels. People will forget the king as soon as the new king comes 6 months or a year later, but people will never forget a Ferrari. 720S will become just another forgotten piece of ostentation as soon as the 750 LT comes out. Ferrari are not the fastest or the best in all. They are simply Ferrari, that"s more than enough.

Bhh, JagShergill, maximilien and 11 others like this.
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Compared to 720LT whatever, "nice car" is a monumental understatement.

markonex, Nilesh and stavura like this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Those rear lights on the McLaren look like the newly discovered cattle eye worms in human. Look it up. Warning: pretty gross.

Shadowfax and crinoid like this.
  6. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Love my LT and Speciale equally. They are both exciting cars to drive so I wouldn’t say McLaren is only obsessed about performance.

Anyways, back on topic. I’m extremely excited to hear what the new VS sounds like at full song!

GALLARDO62 and markonex like this.
  7. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    An Italian friend of mine moved from Rome to New York City when he was 22. I met him when he was 38 and we both share a love of ALL cars, F1 and Ferrari. One day I asked him if Italy/Italians had the same or similar love for Lamborghini as they did for Ferrari. I'll never forget what he said to me and I didn't totally get it at the time but I sure do know.

"Italians have a tremendous amount of respect for Lamborghini but you can not compare Lamborghini and Ferrari they are not even on the same level"

I then asked why??

He said "Lamborghini builds supercars.........Ferrari builds legends"

Ferrari cars stand the test of time.

Nelsonc275, markonex, F140C and 4 others like this.
  8. 330i

330i Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2006
    My 2 cents: competition is a great thing. And if Ferrari will give us more enjoyable and legendary cars is also thanks to the Maccas, Lamborghinis, Aston Martins, Paganis and Eggs of the world.

And, allow me to say it, while these track-special street cars are great on a track, if you want real lap times, nothing beats a proper race car. I know you are thinking “duh” but we forget time and again about it when we talk lap times with these cars. So an enjoyable street car that is good on the track is much better than a so-and-so Street car that is faster...

Back on topic: can’t wait to see the car in person!

crinoid likes this.
  9. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    The easiest way to lose credibility is to call the rear or the rear lights of a p1 gross.

10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    On the one hand I’m very excited to see the car without all the mystery and blurriness. On the other hand, from what I’ve seen so far, it isn’t knocking my socks off. I’m most curious about the front hood. From the little I’ve seen, the way it drops into the bumper like a rounded sheet of paper just seems a bit odd. That isn’t to say that I don’t think the car will be anything less than awesome, but from a styling standpoint compared to the 488 GTB, it doesn’t seem to be as mind blowing as the 458 Speciale was compared to the 458 Italia (now that was a good). I’m going to reserve final judgement until I get more exposure to it, but the 488 GTB is so incredible, particularly from a styling standpoint, it’s hard to top.

11. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I was referrng to the pictures of the eye worms.

P1 lights just look like they're drawn by a 10-year old.

Roland1688, F140C, Shadowfax and 2 others like this.
  12. Mechanical Dad

Mechanical Dad Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2016
    East Aurora NY
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Maggio23 likes this.
  13. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    The reason why people buy these track special cars for the street is because a lot of people who enjoy performance as well as the performance numbers have the illusion and daydream of being on the track however don't have the time or true desire to track these cars. Show the live out their fantasy with these track special cars.

330i, F2003-GA and Roland1688 like this.
  14. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    I first drove Furka, Gottard and Stelvio in a California and thought that was awesome. Then in a F12 and again even better. Then in a 918 and WOW. This is why I want one so badly :)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  15. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Got my gto allocation today. It was a nice day.
    Btw, for all those McLaren, Aston, Lambo fans, all are wonderful cars, except that each (other than the very top end hypercar) looks long in the tooth the moment the next model comes out. Ferrari does not share that drop off effect, as each model becomes a classic in its own right. Take a look at 5-7 year depreciation curves on McLaren, Aston and lambo compared to 458. Telling. One reason is that the others discount their cars at the dealer level. F doesn't. It doesn't have to. Instant classics don't have to.

Caeruleus11, Camlet1, nkhalid and 6 others like this.
  16. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I own and race several very high downforce carbon tubbed race cars (open wheel and prototype), so I never forget that nothing beats a proper race car. While these track oriented street cars are thrilling on the street, they are street cars first and foremost.

chrixxx, Caeruleus11, subirg and 3 others like this.
  17. bbr

bbr Karting

Jun 22, 2011
    Geneva-CH
    Full Name:
    BBR
    I would not be too worried if I were you. Unlikely you would have been invited on short notice if you had zero chance to get one if you want one. « When » remains the issue and they have other surprises coming (Aperta, LE)... some clients will swap their orders, faint when they see the price....it will create some availability. Being invited was key. Now you can work yourself self up to step 2 if you want a 488 Monza (I keep my 2 cents bet on that name ). I had a long discussion with my dealer about future price...he had no precise clue but said for the Speciale they all felt the price was too close to the 458 and that was not good from a positioning standpoint; Ferrari argued they could not justify a big premium from what they did to the base car...my dealer is convinced they have learned the lesson and this is why this version is loaded with new carbon features, complex aero, biggest HP boost....this is going to hurt.

Caeruleus11 and Shack like this.
  18. bbr

bbr Karting

Jun 22, 2011
    Geneva-CH
    Full Name:
    BBR
    I will keep an eye in my mirrors when driving in my playground from now on...I might have an Australian trying to overtake me...I need a 488VS to keep up

19. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Three of us "crazies" :)

And yes we all need the 488VS's

20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Good post. Do you race in a series or some form of club racing?

21. bbr

bbr Karting

Jun 22, 2011
    Geneva-CH
    Full Name:
    BBR
    Congrats to you and all of you with a confirmed allocation ! Patience and détermination to the others !
    We are 2 days away from high quality pictures and before having properly seen the car I am curious as of where you guys are leaning towards in terms of colour combo/ stripes no stripes and then later after seeing the car if you change your mind or not.
    I will start: after being a long time Rosso Corsa addict, I will go Rosso Scuderia this time. A special cars deserves a special treatment so yes to the stripes even if it is the most ridiculously priced option. NART stripes is my number one choice today...will see in 2 days.

Caeruleus11 and Shack like this.
  22. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    The people I know getting the VS have confirmed cars and their dealers already know their coupe and Aperta allocations. As pointed out earlier these probably aren’t in MODIS yet but I’m sure will be once it opens up.

Caeruleus11 and Melvok like this.
  23. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Agreed - the Macarens are undoubtably good cars and fast but they’ve always left me cold. I just find them over styled on the outside and bland on the inside. Ferrari for me is the best in terms of look and feel and as for performance - honestly I can’t use the full capabilities of any of these cars!!!

24. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Earlier as in three months and three thousand posts ago !!

themediocore likes this.
  25. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Sooo
    Sooo true !! I'm already vacillating between 6-7 combos and I haven't even seen it yet .....

F2003-GA, Melvok and Lukeylikey like this.