Danica Patrick out of NASCAR | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Danica Patrick out of NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GuyIncognito, Sep 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Could happen, but I think unlikely. That's not how Rodgers does things.

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    At least we won't have to wait to long to find out ;)
    Men have been known to do strange things at the request of a woman.

3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  4. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
  5. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    There's the convoluted single car qualifying sessions that sets the front row. Then, there are the "Twin 125s" for the
    rest of the field which, if anyone may explain to me how that works, I will be eternally grateful.

So, a lot of ways she may not make the race.

If NASCAR may see to it that Danica wins the pole in 2013, then they're equally capable of denying her a spot
    in the field too. Ooops, sorry that rear spoiler is 1/1,000,000 of a centimeter too high, disqualified! Just saying...

Now, that would be a story.

BHW

6. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    #281 INRange, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018

Basically (as you noted) February 11 is single car, run as fast as you can ......sets the front row. On February 15, under the lights they have two 150 mile races which the top 10 finishers of each race secure a spot based on accumulated points. If you screw up in qualifying, don't make the top 10 or crash in one of the 150 mile races don't worry...NASCAR still has spots available to hand out in the remaining rows. So unless she totals the main car and the backup.......it is my opinion she will race on Sunday. I would speculate that with all the #metoo crap out there....NASCAR would tilt the scales to have her racing on Sunday.

February 18 is the race.

Winning the pole doesn't determine the race outcome. The last time a driver won Daytona from the pole position was Jeff Gordon back in 1999 and 2000.

7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    NASCAR has made such a joke out of qualifying for Daytona, it's hardly worth mentioning any more. Of course
    the winner isn't determined by qualifying, NASCAR isn't concerned about that. Their only concern is what makes
    the most melancholy headlines leading up to the 500. If it's a woman in her first NASCAR race, if it's a rookie
    in his first NASCAR start (and how many times has that happened now?) so be it, its all about media attention
    and who NASCAR wants that focus on.

It's obviously in NASCAR's best interests to have her in the field this one last time so they'll be doing everything
    in their vast powers to assure this happens, even if she blows up in single car qualifying and crashes in the Twin 125s
    (which is a distinct possibility) they'll shoehorn her into the race any way possible but we may be damn sure it's
    not going to be at the pointy end this time.

Any rational person who's been around racing any length of time recognizes that this qualifying procedure is completely
    absurd. It is a complete crap shoot and slots are filled at NASCAR's behest. Their outright manipulation of not only
    results but now qualifying in their blue ribband event is beyond ridiculous.

If the teams and drivers had any balls, they'd stand up against all this nonsense. But, they've proven time and
    again, they're spineless when standing up to France and his merry gang.

BHW

8. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  9. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Only if these words are eliminated from her vocabulary.....um,yea,you know, uh..rinse and repeat. . Will the show open with a hissy fit or video of her stomping down put lane blaming everyone else? I do so love a good hissy fit!

10. Botttom line...who cares?
    Are we talking racing here, or what? (Notice, no smilie...)
    Ain't this a car site?

11. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Can't be a car site. That would involve real racing. We are speaking of DP...an entertainer. Racing involves several things and those seem to be lacking in current racing series. So...shall we move on to the lightning round? Or would you prefer some parting gifts from our friend Don Pardo? ;)

12. Oh. What wuz I t'inkin'...?

13. Figger' I'll carch a bit of qualifying every now and then; Who's her ride and what's her car#? :D

14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    #7 Go Daddy green car. It's possible for her to not qualify, right? I mean that team is not really funded so I can't imagine they have equipment to get into the top 10 ever.

Edit: I guess what I'm wondering is if there are more entrants trying to qualify than there are spots or if she will automatically get a spot if there are just as many entrants as there are spots.

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
  16. I thought I was just kiddin'. That's how much I care about her and NASCAR (used to...NASCAR that is, many years ago). I didn't even know she got a ride. Indy too or 'still up, in the air? 'Hope not.

17. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Yes, Go Daddy will be funding her Indy 500 ride, but a team has not been announced. Ed Carpenter has said recently they may enter a third car with her being that third driver.

18. Shucks.... :p :)

Speaking of who (whom?)...she was just interviewed on FOX and nope, still rubs me the wrong way... :( (quiet incognito...:rolleyes:)

19. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Well she just failed to advance into top 12 by less than 1/100th of a second and is in 13th so she won't make a round two attempt. I'm not quite sure how this nascar qualifying works so I'm just repeating what they said lol.

20. Yeah, I'm still watchin'. btw, her team ain't new. Baldwin's team been around fer ten or fifteen years or so.

edit: 'checked...formed the team in 2009.

I know the #7 belonged to Robbie Gordon's team back when. #goes with the owner of the team.

21. LorenzoOO

LorenzoOO Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2017
    Italia, US NE
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo LaMattina
    If she was a guy she would have lost her ride years ago.

22. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Rubs you the wrong way? BHW would have taken one for the Ferrari team but PT stopped that! So yo will just have to buck it up young man! ;):D

23. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Shakes fist at Tracy again...

Ran across this article, Danica explaining why she wasn't in the "Clash".

It used to be that the "Clash" was reserved for race and pole winners from the previous season. But,
    according to this article, she could have been in for being the 2013 pole winner at Daytonner. Huh?

So, based on this, anyone who was registering a pulse five years ago is allowed into the "Clash" now.

Like the point she makes though about crashing the back-up car. Probably a sound strategy seeing as
    how the twin qualifying races are more often than not crashfests.

https://sports.yahoo.com/danica-patrick-explains-why-she-120049692.html

BHW

24. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Wow, a lot of old timers in here bashing nascar on how they do qualifying for the 500. Did not see that one coming from the nascar haters. I love the fact that it IS the only race in the entire world where you have to race to get your starting position. And people pay money to watch it and tv pays money to show it. No one really watches traditional qualifying. Yeah, you can have a bad race and still get in but that's not the point. So I say congrats to nascar and capitalism at its finest.

25. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    NASCAR's qualifying procedure for the Daytona 500 is racing at its worst.

Single car qualifying, all well and good even though the results are obviously manipulated.

The twin qualifying races are the biggest waste of time and ultimately the biggest waste of machinery imaginable.
    The qualifying races are usually little more than demolition derbies and, mark my words, have nothing to do with
    how the starting field is set.

It is a convoluted mess and has been for years now.

BHW