NFL 2018 | FerrariChat

NFL 2018

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    OK, SB LII is in the rear view mirror, the riots in Philly are subsiding, etc. Time to look forward - Jimmy G got huge dosh, does Nick Foles stay content being a backup in Philly, Combine & Draft, who's the 1st Cowboy to get arrested, does Roger Goodell have any idea watch a freaking catch is, who's Keith picking for SB LIII,... These are the big questions, people! Discuss...T

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Nick Foles will stay.

You are right, there's almost always at least one Cowboy arrest in the off season lol.

3. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Niners had most cap space per this web site. So, now with Jimmy G under contract, they should still have room to maneuver, especially with many of their D guys young & still on rookie contracts.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

T

4. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Nate Burleson had an interesting proposal on NFL Good Morning, the Kay Adams Show, or whatever they are calling it now. If you are the Browns, do you cough up one of you # 1 picks (1st and 4th?) to Eagles for Foles? Heck, a better question, if you are Nick Foles, would you even report to the Browns?!? :eek:
    T

5. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Well, Tom, I'll be cashing AND purchasing at the Bellagio Sports Book window....I think my odds will be a little different this year, though.

6. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    #6 Steelton Keith, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Cap space is manageable for Philly, I don't see Blount coming back. I think they will keep Long, He is a fan favorite and righteous community guy. They have the core of the team locked up, many with long term deals. I expect the DFW team will be much better next year now that JJ has a bail bondsman on the payroll. Giants 8-8? I think we can all count on Redskins management to screw them up as they have reliably done lo these many years.

7. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Unless they offered Foles a ****load of money guaranteed, I'd rather be the back up. Whether Foles ever starts another game or not, he will always be known as a Super Bowl winning quarterback.

8. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Rumor I just heard, Josh McDaniels returning to the Pats means he is likely the successor to BB.

9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I suspect you are correct, sir. I can't see Philly being 40-1. If for no other reason, my Boys will be tougher next year! :)
    T

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yep. Trent Dilfer made a whole career out of that! Browns have some intriguing bits on O with Gordon, Coleman, Crowell, Johnson, etc. But, I have little faith in their ownership. The new GM can't be any worse than the guy he replaced, so time will tell. However, I think Jackson will prove to be a bust as HC...T

11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I will contribute to this thread since my therapist said I shouldn't withdraw from society. She said I had to face reality and recognize that the Pats did not come back in their last game. It's a very difficult concept to get my head around. I keep replaying the game and every single time they lose. My therapist is concerned about my sanity, but I'm sure on one of these replays the Pats will pull it out, the Pats will pull it out, the Pats will pull it out, the Pats will pull it out, the Pats will pull it out, ............

And they're coming to take me away ha-haaa
    They're coming to take me away ho-ho hee-hee ha-haaa
    To the funny farm
    Where life is beautiful all the time
    And I'll be happy to see those nice young men
    In their clean white coats
    And they're coming to take me away ha-haaa

(credit to the artist: Napoleon XIV)

nicholasn and Texas Forever like this.
  12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ There were a lot of "what if" moments, no doubt, but like Belly says, on to the next game!

Pats need to fix that D. Will be interesting to see who replaces Patricia.
    T

13. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Paul. It was a great game that could have pivoted either way on just about every play. There was no loser in that game. I think you guys are in for a significant change for next season, on the sidelines and on the field.

14. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Foles will stay. He loves the team and they love him.

15. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Here's a stat.

Jimmy G's $74mm guaranteed money, after only 7 games, is more money than TB12 made in the first 15 years of his career. That's insane.

Texas Forever and GuyIncognito like this.
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Brady has generally been under paid during his career. Some have said today's to help the team sign other players to maintain their competitiveness. I suspect he figures, if he needs $$, he can always hit Giselle up for a few bucks...T

Texas Forever likes this.
  17. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Frank Reich hired as Indys head coach.

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Colts travel to Foxborough some time in 2018. Should be one worth watching...T

19. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    1) Foles - I can see him going to Denver or even Arizona, IF the price is right.
    2) Redskins - Dan Snyder has been doing pretty well in not screwing things up - until this Cousins deal.
    3) I can see Cousins in Denver or Arizona - but 'they say' Elway wants to draft a QB.
    4) Cleveland's roster is not god-awful - IF they could stay healthy - on defense especially. The new GM is pretty damned good.
    5) I see Cleveland going after the Penn State RB, then maybe a QB, but will Joe Thomas be back? THAT can change everything.
    6) Dallas - who freaking cares.
    7) Goodell does not decide what a catch is, be even HE said they need to get a handle on that and decided.
    Imagine how nice the game would be if we didn't have microscopic video replays - over and over and over.

20. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Some guys are better off just being assistant coaches, Frank might be one of them. Just as Wade Phillips was.
    I am not so sure Jason Garrett shouldn't be an assistant somewhere, he's had a ton of talent in Dallas and has not produced much.
    (No, I don't consider 2016 as being much - two guys carried that team, not the head coach)

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    1) & 4) Agree. For CLE, I do not see Hue Jackson being the right man to develop whomever they get to be their QB. Kizer was a dud; they'd have been better off going with Kessler for one more season IMO.
    6) :(
    7) I too hope they settle on a reasonable catch rule. Ditto for instant replay...T

22. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I’m still in deep mourning and considering suicide over 2017 :(:mad:

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    We get an easier schedule, and Zeke for the whole year. We saw good growth on the defense. Draft some impact players on O, and it'll be all good! Don't lose faith.
    T

24. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    How do you guys feel about Kellen Moore being the new QB coach (if you even do)? He was phenomenal to watch here at Boise State and the general consensus was he was destined for coaching and would excel. Zeke seems to think highly of him, though I don't know if that's just lip service.

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ I've read several times over the past year or so that Moore is well respected in the QB room in Dallas, so this was not a surprising move...T