Danica Patrick out of NASCAR | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Danica Patrick out of NASCAR

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by GuyIncognito, Sep 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Ah yeah,ummmmm...yeah...ENOUGH! Go back to school and learn public speaking!.

2. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    Every novelty runs it's course. How many people tune in to see Danica Patrick run in a race?

3. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    We will have to disagree about good looking. I would define her as plain or average in looks, unappealing in personality and demeanor. Overall unattractive.
    He jumped the shark in News Radio but he was no more tedious than she was. Neither of them can put a complete thought together very well.
    But therein lies the rub! You can't forget that Danica is a female. She only got to where she was because she is a female. She also played both sides of that coin - wanting to be taken seriously as a racer but taking every opportunity to be foisted on Joe Sixpack as a sex symbol, making cheap and easy beaver jokes in Go Daddy commercials and then she is supposed to be a role model for young girls as well? Umm... cake and eat it?

lorenzobandini likes this.
  4. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric

Agreed Whisky.

Barton, you are really not doing yourself any favors here in getting a second chance to date Danica. LOL Then again, you'll now have to compete against Aaron which will not be an easy task...

5. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  6. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Just a guess ..... if Go Daddy ponies up $5-6m for her to run both races.....I wonder what team will pick her up?

7. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    At this late stage, difficult to say...

Here we are a month away from Daytonner and nothing in place.

Still time to work out a deal for Indy, just depends on how the sponsorship integrates
    with a team.

BHW

8. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Word has it that Dryer & Rienbold are the odds on favorite.

9. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD

That would make sense for Indy since Sarah Fisher retired. I wonder what NASCAR team they are talking to.

10. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    I would venture to say a one off with Childress or Hendrick. They have the equipment. I don t think 5-6 million will be the number. I would think that 1-2 might be more in line and that includes PSP's salary. She isn't worth what she asks. And the marketing people know this. Now...can she get an engine lease in Indy Car? Honda/Chevy hold the answer to that question. And that heads to the desk of a guy named Roger for approval. Should be interesting to watch this all play out.

11. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    It wouldn't surprise me if Go Daddy turns this into reality TV with a buildup for Daytona and Indy. I don't think $5-6M (total for both events) is a lot for a Go Daddy media buy. Basically, they spend $2.5-3 for each event and sell the reality TV script to Bravo. I would expect both parties would require her to complete x number of laps for her to get a check.

If they pull the reality TV lever.....the number of haters she has will rise faster than the National debt!

12. Who 'you talkin' about...?

13. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    It is possible. I just don't see anyone giving away anything just so Princess Sparkle Pony can have the last dance with big carriage and the.handsome knight. Roger, IMS and everyone else will want their cut. And considering she is a declining commodity, this is the last big money grab they can get. After Indy, she is kibbles and bits.

14. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Can't you two guys every bring a brake to your personal bashing - whatever your thoughts u have turned this thread into some weird hate deal

15. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Ran across a YouTube video yesterday that highlights nearly 45 minutes of footage of Danica
    crashing, involved in crashes or getting caught out by crashes, just being in the wrong place at
    the wrong time in Grand National and Cup races.

Now, in the rockem-sockem, "Rubbin am Racin'" world of NASCAR, one may well point the finger
    at just about any driver for being in crashes but Danica sure has been involved in her share,
    a few of them were some pretty big hits.

A few of the clips are pretty funny though. Danica was obviously at fault but on the radio she
    proclaims "He came down on me", "What is he doing?" all this. But after watching this video,
    she sure seems to have more than her fair share of torn up equipment.

BHW

16. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    I believe she can drive fast.....the problem has always been her performance in traffic. Her reaction time to events that take place around her appears slow and her decision making is questionable. In a NASCAR format of equalized cars.....group cautions and restarts....crashes are simply inevitable and part of the "entertainment". I can't think of a single NASCAR race I have seen that didn't have a crash. The cars are barely hanging on to the track at speed which creates a serious problem when something happens in front of you.

At this point of her career, it is about one last hurrah for somebody who tried to break the mold in NASCAR. If she does manage to get a ride(s)....I believe she will also be the only female driver in either race. I wish her well.

17. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Article on Motorsport this morning in excerpts taking from a radio interview, Danica sounds as though
    she was pretty miserable racing in 2017, describing the season as "a grind", among other things.

Well, yeah, that is NASCAR, a 30+ week grind. Visiting and sometimes re-visiting tracks going roundy-round
    week after week after week. She had to know full well what she was getting herself in for. And, while the
    NASCAR schedule is ridiculous, frankly, one might think it would get rather boring year in, year out. Only a
    bonehead like Michael Waltrip would stay out there year after year with minimal chance of winning.

Does she still think she's going to get rides for Daytonner and Indy? At least at this late date, Daytonner (is)
    looking less and less likely and most Indy Car teams have already got their programs locked up.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/danica-patrick-claims-last-year-in-nascar-felt-like-a-grind-997486/

BHW

18. Turbopanzer

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    When you can't buy a fuel mileage win to save your butt......It does make for a long season.

19. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    If what we're seeing on various videos and reading about and Danica is difficult to work with, it
    would be interesting to know during her time in Cup how many crew chiefs she worked with and
    how many crew members jumped ship.

Point being, it's a difficult business being a crew member, the burnout factor is high and if you're
    working with a driver who's constantly tearing up equipment and complaining that the car is a pig,
    it doesn't make for cozy relationships in the paddock.

BHW

20. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    There were a few key people that pretty much stayed with her.

She was on the A list, perhaps from sponsorship arrangement, for her first year and a half. Right before Dover that changed and she was no longer in the best equipment SHR could offer. At that time, there were also some crew member changes.

It is interesting to say she "isn't relevant anymore", and yet the thread about her "not being relevant anymore" has more posts than Jr retiring.

21. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I was thinking the same a few days ago - and thinking she's had her 15 minutes, can't she just go away?
    She's a very polarizing figure.

22. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

With her and Aaron Rogers together I would be willing to bet she will be seen a lot at the Superbowl events....

23. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Guess who will be at her side for the two races this year ........YUP ;)
    Additional big bucks for having Aaron at both events, and you can bet the TV people will be chasing him around for an interview.
    Aaron .... Aaron .....Aaron please please please talk to us.
    The cameras will spend more time during the race on him than Danica.

24. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Princess Sparkle Pony has a ride for the Daytona 500 with Premium Motorsports in an alliance with RCR