Sold - F430 Engine Bay Airflow | FerrariChat

Sold F430 Engine Bay Airflow

Discussion in 'Parts & Collectibles' started by LorenzoR, Aug 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

#1 LorenzoR, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Seems ive had some interest in these so i may make a few more. If anyone is interested let me know and ill make some. If any have seen the oil inspection cover for a scud it has an opening with a small scoop for air flow. I made a much more improved design with little bit of a larger hole and a larger scoop of about 3/4 inch to help scoop the air up as you go down the road. These will bring in a tremendos amount of air into the engine bay allowing cooler air to blow around bringing the engine bay temps down and push it out of the engine hood screens and also out the rear. The drag from it will be very very minimal and i dont see it as a concern on a road car. The high heat in the engine compartment is tremendos and has potential effects on everything. Theres not much flow to blow it out of the engine compartment. The cat temps alone get 500 degree or more. These are made from scratch. They are a straight up bolt on. Remove your inspection cover and just bolt this one up. A 10 minute job. Price is $125 each or $200 for 2. Please email only [email protected],,,,Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ICULUKN

ICULUKN Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2007
    Ahwatukee AZ
    Full Name:
    G.P.
    What are they made of?

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Would it be possible to put a screen on the hole to keep debris out?

4. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Yes i thought about that and the screen would be easy to do as long as it's not a small screen because we don't want it to be too restrictive. But being where they are located the chances of getting much debris in there are slim. And to answer ICULUKN these are made out of abs and the scoop itself is made out of a piece of material that I cut out from the inspection cover

5. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Seem to be doing pretty well with these. This is a 5 minute install and a pretty easy way to get air flowing into your engine bay. For details Email me at [email protected] ,,,,Thanks

6. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I have one of these left and not sure ill make anymore. If you want airflow into your engine bay, this will do it. Almost the same design as The Scud has

7. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I still have this one left. I probably wont make anymore due to no interest. But i have 2 of them on my car and i have major increase in airflow in my engine bay. $125 please email [email protected]

8. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

9. Temuri

Temuri Karting

Apr 12, 2011
    Moscow
    Full Name:
    Temuri
    what about water sucking into the engine bay during raining?

10. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

None, havent noticed it once but i only got caught in the rain twice. A screen could be put on the hole to if someone was worried about it.

11. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I know you said you only have one left, but if you happen to find one more, please let me know! I have no inspection cover as it was missing when I bought the car.

12. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

ok ill send a pm if i come across

13. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Hi Wooferrari, saw your post on converting the F1 to manual, would it be possible to pm me the list of parts needed for this project? Thanks!