Englishtown Raceway Park closes!! | FerrariChat

Englishtown Raceway Park closes!!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by rdefabri, Jan 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
  2. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    This had come up every year for the last several years and this particular deal had been known about since September - October. I guess the only surprising part is that it (so far) has not been sold to a developer.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

just the drag strip? Not that I have a familiarity with anything OTHER than that on the property.

Seems they'll still have the mud pit and autocross track? Do they do much racing on those? I just remember it for the drag races.

I guess we'll just have to talk the guys at NJMP into ADDING a drag strip.

D

4. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I know they have some deal with an auctioneer to store vehicles somewhere on the property - any details?

5. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Just the drag strip, but for me that's all that matters. I live 15 minutes from the place, and I've been going there for 47 years.

6. Tho' drag racing was my first racing influence, I quickly jumped on racing where cars turn too....not many places you can go in just a straight line
    for just a quarter mile. Nonetheless, it is a shame.
    'Been sayin' it for about twenty years and sorrowfully it's coming truer and truer....all racing is fading away. :(

7. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    This seriously sucks! As a younger man I raced there. Seeing your life go under the bulldozer is not a pretty thing. Not mention the "Sunday Sunday Sunday ads that drew us in to the place. It is hell getting old! If they shut down Maple Grove Dragway I think I will just shoot myself and get it over with. Losing track after track is not how I expected seeing my life end.