NSX | Page 9 | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What # car would this be?

2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

The couple I've looked at are still sitting after two months. I'm taller and side visibility isn't great, when I look left I'm looking at the top of window/roof line so had to hunch down to look out. Front visibility is good.

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    #463, but I am following you, i8 and NXS.
    I am only 5'8" so I should not have a problem, what I have an issue with what the F type had if you came of a ramp you could not see if there was some coming on the passenger side that pillar was in the way and mirrors don't help.
    I am pretty well known at car dealerships, they usually know when I walk in (unless it is for service) that I am not there to say hello. I am also going shopping for an SUV for my girlfriends daughter, (she want a Jeep, they all want Jeeps), so I have another reason to go. I showed my girlfriend a picture of the NSX, she said "very nice another car you will put 1000 miles a year on and take apart". She knows me so well

4. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Thanks for the info, they have been pursuing me so I will let them continue to until they get to where I am ready to write a check.. I told them I would not even bother coming in unless the price was well below 150K (car lists at 200K), and they said please come, so that is my starting point. Algar was one and so does the McLaren dealer though I see to be drawn to white for this car, thinking it will not stand out as much. So for now I am going for the white one.

5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Love how you compared the i8 to driving a spacecraft as that's what it looks like to me. It's so weird and unique. Very interested in that car.

6. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I drove it on a 200 mile trip last night. Roughly 4 hours in the car. I take every opportunity to drive it. Yes, it is truly weird and unique, but you interface with the car so differently then regular gas powered cars that things are always fun and interesting. On that trip, I was managing fuel supply, power output, in real time by toggling between the three driving modes). Actively engaging the gas propulsion when needed for performance or to top of the battery then switching back to electric only for parts of the trip where I could really maximize efficiency. If you don't look at it as a simple sports car alternative to a Audi R8 or NSX, but actually embrace it for what it is, and learn how to "Game" all the technology it is so rewarding. Today, I may just go out for breakfast, then slap it into sports mode and attack some empty back roads... It can be anything you want.

Sadly, I think BMW is going to abandon this car and go back to the typical hybrid set up. Sales are way down and BMW just sold off their majority share in the carbon fiber plant that makes the body. Prices on low mileage used ones have settled down into the 80's to 90's, so if you ever wanted one, now is the time. They only made a few thousand of them, and I think BMW has only sold a little over 300 this year, so it could end up being quite rare, which should help with future depreciation.

If you have specific questions you want to ask me about the car, feel free to PM me!

G. Pepper likes this.
  7. andycav

andycav Karting

Mar 27, 2015
    New York
    I just traded my DD R8 for the NSX. The looks of the NSX always had me intrigued but the noise about the NSX was not good... then I saw Chris Harris's you tube video. Then I watched smoking tire one take. Then other videos. I did some research and what became apparent is that the noise was mostly coming from those that had not REALLY driven the car. I spent some time in the NSX and WOW! The looks were as amazing as expected, the interior is cockpit like, and the performance is unreal!

As I had mentioned, I drove my R8 daily and the NSX is my DD too. The NSX has even less luggage space than the R8 and it has no rear shelf either, but those practicality issues were quickly forgotten when I merged onto I95. That was it. Any hesitation to not get the car were out the window and I now have a white '17 NSX in the garage.

Jo Sta7 and vinuneuro like this.
  8. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Well I went over to Algar to sit in the NSX, and I don't think it is for me, but there was this red 360 coupe with 1200 miles that I just could not resist. I looked just like my first Ferrari,. so I guess I have come full circle!

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  9. BOOMER7

BOOMER7 Karting

Jan 3, 2009
    They're obviously moving with discounts
    the base no option 160k cars are 127k discounted and the loaded 200k cars seem to be selling at 145-150k gret deals IMO
    Saw someone say lots of the new cars listed on cars.com are sold and less than 75 new cars are avail. Last month it was over 215

10. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Avia11 likes this.
  11. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Congrats man! I have a theory that the i8 is a fair amount quicker than the 360. Let me know if I’m right. I’ve never actually driven one.

12. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Thanks! This is my third 360 so I would say the i8 is quicker, but then again outside of my dogs jeep (and maybe the S550), everything else I own is quicker. Something else drove me to buy this car 18 years old and 1213 miles spent it life in a climate controlled garage, a car like this should be driven not looked at.

G. Pepper likes this.
  13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I absolutely agree with you there. I’m at nearly 10k miles on my 458. These cars are all so great to drive it’s a shame so few do.

14. BOOMER7

BOOMER7 Karting

Jan 3, 2009
    How do you compare the 2 overall? 458/NSX
    great collection!

drive4fun likes this.
  15. drive4fun

drive4fun Rookie

Jan 19, 2005
    I put 400 miles on my new NSX in last 3 weeks and I’m still adjusting to it—in a good way. I still love driving my totally analog ‘94, one of my favorite cars of all time, but rather than light and nimble, the new Car has a serious business feel to it. If some one is obsessed by a brand rather than the car itself, they aren’t a real Car person. I am not driving it to make a statement, I am driving it to have fun and this is a really special piece of engineering.
    I also go nuts when people complain it isn’t like the original. I don’t want it to feel like it was designed 28 years ago! Lots of great cars got a slow start (Carrera GT, Ford GT come to mind) and found a following later. These cars at a $40k discount to sticker are a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    For those of you who are reading this thread and really interested in getting a NSX, a dealer friend of mine just contacted me asking if I wanted to lease one at...
    ZERO DOWN, $1195/month (including PA Tax, which I think is 9%!) , 36 months, 5K miles a year .

That is just an insane price.

I will ask if it is ok for me to post the dealer's info publicly, in the meantime, PM me and I can give you his contact information.

17. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thank you. The 458 is my favorite car. It's just magic to drive. But it also cost me $100k more than the NSX. I honestly like the looks of the NSX better and have no doubt it would be quicker around most tracks. Where the 458 takes it is steering feel (NSX is very good but not quite as good) and sound. NSX actually sounds better than expected but there's just nothing like a Ferrari sound. Also staring at the prancing horse on the steering wheel beats just about anything else. Ferrari's just make one feel special. The NSX looks like a spaceship but you can forget that what you're driving is as special as it is. I don't mind that, but some might.

I've done about 5 launches already in my NSX. It's very easy to engage. Talk about a rush! An owner friend of mine pretty consistently does 2.8/2.9 seconds to 60 mph and 11 second quarter miles at 127 mph in his car. I totally believe it. The car just jumps and doesn't stop pulling. There's nothing close in the marketplace for the price you can get them.

18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    A lot more
    A lot more NSX owners on this board than I realized. I doubt you'll find many owners saying anything but great things about the car.

19. vyprgt2

vyprgt2 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2005
    CA
    Full Name:
    John
    What is the color for this car?

George330 likes this.
  20. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Assuming its the car he let me test drive, Its White w/Red & black interior.

21. drive4fun

drive4fun Rookie

Jan 19, 2005

Along with the 2 NSXs I also have a 550 and a 430 spider; have to also mention that going to an acura dealer for an oil change and timing belt is $1200 not $6000 and belt is every 6 years not every 3. While Ferrari build quality is pretty solid; I would also place it a bit behind NSX. But if I could only have one sportscar; it would be a Ferrari!

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  22. drive4fun

drive4fun Rookie

Jan 19, 2005

but you can prepay the loan right away without penalty; my rate was under 3%

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  23. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Really?

The most attractive part about this opportunity is that the car is undervalued and might be appreciated later.

Interesting...

Matt

24. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
  25. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Congrats to the new owner! I've been saying it for months ... i love LOVE the new NSX. So much so, i've bought more than one ;) Most recently, a brand new, fully optioned one in Valencia Red Pearl ... a drop-dead GORGEOUS color. The car has a stunning "presence" in person (in any color), mostly because Acura got the proportions RIGHT (on par with the Lambo Huracan, and well above anything offered by Ferrari right now). I got it, for $45K off sticker :) NOTHING compares, for under $200K.

Jo Sta7 likes this.