Jenson Button To Indycar in 2018? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Jenson Button To Indycar in 2018?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by David Lind, Aug 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
  2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
  3. Odd? What serious race driver wouldn't want "Penske" on their resume? ;)

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Paul Tracy?

:p

5. Yeah......I caught it smartarse.... :rolleyes:

:)

6. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I think Penske, Honda and IMSA dropped the ball on this one. Nothing against Ricky, in any other circumstance he gets that seat and deserves it, I think Button is the one circumstance he shouldn't. Besides Jenson being a helluva driver, IMSA/Honda/Penske are throwing away a lot of free global PR on this one, Ricky Taylor will bring you none of that. Here's to hoping the Honda leash is soon to be cut on Jenson to open the door and seat with the Wayne Taylor Cadillac DPi.

We live in a world of fantasy football, people love to create "super teams," just ask the Warriors and Cavs in the NBA and here it's served on a silver platter for IMSA/Honda and they blow it.

7. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    they're trying to save the Acura brand, which is mostly (entirely?) sold in North America.

8. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    That IS weird - two parties who don't want to spend their own money! How's THAT gonna work? LOL
    For those who haven't been following - Lamborghini are looking to have their cake and eat it too by partnering with someone to run a GTD team and supplying factory drivers and discounted parts.

9. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    find a third party that's an all day sucker :)

10. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I pretty much align with TeamF-1Junior on this one. While the Taylor "kids" are very talented and extremely fan-friendly, I can't see how he would draw the attention of a former F-1 champion. Yeah, as someone said, maybe Wayne will sign up Jense.

11. Draw? Roger's his own draw.

Alas, how much for Ricky vs. how much for Jenson? Rogere ain't 'tupid. :)