Jenson Button To Indycar in 2018? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Jenson Button To Indycar in 2018?

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by David Lind, Aug 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I agree. During the races, she can provide him with "personal massages" while his co-driver is doing a stint at the wheel. ;)

2. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Still no more smoke on the Jenson to Team Penske rumors either in Indycar or IMSA DPi

For what it's worth, here' is the Penske Acura DPi testing yesterday at Sebring, looks like Helio's helmet.

3. Didja see Danica in her robe anywhere waiting around to supply some comfort for the team....? :eek::p:D

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Debatable statement. Alonso is stil one the 3 best f1driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Oh.
    Well....
    If you say so, I guess it must be true. :rolleyes: :p

On a serious note, do you mean present or all time? I could accept the opinion (although not necessarily agree) for the former, not so the latter. ;) :)

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Top 3 right now...hamilton,vettel and him are to me the top 3...raikkonen seems washed up a bit...
    All time? Senna, schumacher,prost
    One could argue of other greats like fangion, steward,lauda and so forth.
    I would not put the hamilton and vettel in the ever category

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Then stick Helio in a bikini and see if Go Daddy will pick up the tab for all of it!!! :D

8. #58 lorenzobandini, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    Thtop it....'gettin' me all hot and bothered :confused: :)

9. #59 lorenzobandini, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    My guy (my "avatar") Jimmy tops them all percentage-wise of races entered (for what it matters). A very decent person too for that matter. :)

p.s. "hamilton,vettel and him" should be "hamilton, vettel, and he"... ;)

10. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
  11. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Never. Going. To. Happen. Not only does The Captain like to win neither he nor any of his management are going to tolerate the primadonna antics of Ms. Patrick OR her bad-mouthing of her team.
    Look I dislike Danica more than many here, not enough talent, too much ego, not that attractive, etc, etc but can we stop with the sexist msyogynistic remarks about her role?
    Honestly man Danica did enough damage on her own to opportunities for women in motorsports - no need for this kind of comment. Bad form old chap.

12. I have to admit, you're quite right....no need for my comments. :oops:

Her own sexist photo shoots do a far better job of it..... ;)

13. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Hence my remarks over the years about her being a completely fabricated product and how she was women's worst enemy as far as equality in motorsport opportunities were concerned. I actually feel some disgust for her.

14. Agreed.

'Was partially carried away in the moment, and, honestly, my kind of humour. Believe it or not, it's so...I'm not a male chauvinist.

Hell, I occasionally play a flamboyant gay (pretty well I might add) and there are acquaintances that don't believe it when I tell them I am straight. I don't mind. I can laugh at myself because I'm secure in myself. :)

15. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    And how does any of this recent posting address the topic of this thread?

16. Sorta like:
    'Drifted off on a tangent, for sure. ;) :)

17. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Report on Motorsport.com strongly linking Button to Penske IMSA DP team.

Button says he is not interested in Indy Car as it "scares the **** out" of him.

IIRC, Button has a home in SoCal and a new American girlfriend model/actrrees Brittny Ward.

The scenario has it that Button could do the full IMSA season teaming with Helio and/or be the
    third driver in the endurance events and do the Japanese Super GT for Honda.

Penske is saying that the decision is Honda/Acrua's to be made.

https://www.motorsport.com/imsa/news/penske-acura-remain-coy-over-potential-button-imsa-deal-963793/

BHW

18. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    It's looking good. Based on Honda's requirement for a driver, I can't see the other rumored driver, Ricky Taylor, beating out Jenson for this seat.

19. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Dagys had Taylor as a "likely candidate" 6 weeks ago but I would think if Button is available he would be Honda's choice.
    Side note: Ricky leaving his Dad's team is a bit weird - but Wayne isn't about to spend any of his own money - which is why they have owned second cars that never ran.

20. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    Ricky leaving WTR is odd. Going to Penske is even odder (he's been a favorite of the GM factory programs for a while).

WTR trying to start a 2-car GTD team with Lamborghini is super odd. the economics of GTD are a mess right now.

21. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The only way I can see Ricky Taylor leaving WTR is to go to Indy Car. I can't imagine him leaving for a different prototype.

22. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I could see him being the road course driver for Ed Carpenter Racing. of course that would still leave plenty of time to do most, if not all, of the IMSA schedule.

23. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    http://www.teampenske.com/news/index.cfm/c/687/53473/TAYLOR,_RAHAL&PAGENAUD_COMPLETE_IMSA_LINEUP