Looking for some help deciding on a M1 or 246 | FerrariChat

Looking for some help deciding on a M1 or 246

Discussion in '206/246' started by Iceblue, Sep 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Iceblue

Iceblue Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2012
    Virginia Beach
    Full Name:
    Olivier Perault
    I am looking for either a 246GT Euro or BMW M1
    Both are very different and both I find very attractive. Having owned the Fiat Dino Spyder 2.4
    I love the sound.
    Would love some feed back from the group.
    If there is a nice GT EURO not red getting to come up for sale please contact me.
    Thanks
    Olivier

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    They are completely different cars. The 246 is light, nimble well balanced and raw. The BMW is heavy, also well balanced, more refined, but big. It is more comparable to a Testarossa. It makes 100 more HP than the 246, but weighs almost 1000lbs more. It is faster, but I would say that the 246 is more fun.
    M1 is also more rare, harder to find parts/service. There is more of a fan base for the 246, with more support for parts. The 246 is an easier sell, should it come down to it. They both used to be bargains, but are now expensive.

3. Iceblue

Iceblue Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2012
    Virginia Beach
    Full Name:
    Olivier Perault
    Thanks, I also came to the same conclusion. Given that the M1 is so hard to find the DINO is extremely sexy. My ultimate car would be a 330 GTC. But that might might have to wait. Unless one proper one would come up at a reasonable price. The good thing about the DINO's is that I am familiar with the power plant. Now got to start looking for well sorted DINO