Vettel and Hamilton 'collide' | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Vettel and Hamilton 'collide'

Discussion in 'F1' started by MalcQV, Jun 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Agreed. He should have kept a safe distance!

Maybe coming close to Hamilton, Vettel thought he would intimidate him and get him to restart.

It's just like when some moron tailgates you on the motorway, showing that he wants you to go faster.

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And when that happens, stamping on the brakes to go slower helps does it?

3. Yup. Gits 'em right off your arse. Works every time. ;)

4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    No need to stamp on the brakes ,just lift slightly and maintain your speed..

5. 'Not good enuff for me! :p :D

(edit: Let me qualify.... If I'm in the fast lane then I move back to the slower lane as I should have in the first place. :))

6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And at the same time you guys bash Vettel "for taking things in his own hands". And then you do the same on open roads...I can't believe it!!!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

7. I don't hit anybody... 'Let 'em hit me....Oh! My neck!!! :D

8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Then just a quick touch on the brakes to let them know you mean business..while you look in the mirror to get a glance of the arm waving /v signs etc/weaving from left to right..it normally involves a white van plus geeezer with lots of tatoos :)

10. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Ban Hamilton AND vettel for 4 races , then we can enjoy some peace and quiet :p

Oh, and Dan will pull up level by then as well ...... hahahahaha

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

I like that plan. The last podium was refreshing.
    -Ricci with the winning smile
    -Bottas with the push to 2nd after a bad bad start
    -The youngling with the just happy to be here, look at me wide eyes in amazement!

12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So you risk a Crash that involves yourself just to make a point? Insane...Why not just let them by and enjoy live? You guys are less far away from "Red mist" than you might notice. ..

Gesendet von meinem SM-G800F mit Tapatalk

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Well, considering it's an actual race Vettel finds himself in...

14. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric

WTF??? This comment is seriously offensive and does not belong here IMHO...

I love Ferrari F1 and I want to see Vettel win the 2017 WDC but I must say; what a series of dumb moves by the four-time champ. First, he should have been ready for a brake check by Hamilton...I'm not surprised LH slowed abruptly in that scenario, why was Vettel? Secondly, he let his emotions get the best of him and committed a blatant act of road rage with the whole world watching...very dumb. Did he really think he was fooling anyone with the "what dangerous driving incident?" comment he made on the radio during the race??? HAHA

I hope the points Vettel lost in this race don't come back to bite him at the end of the season (or hurt Ferrari in the WCC).

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Hummmm, behind a safety car, the race is in fact neutralised.

That's the whole idea of a safety car period !!!

16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yep.

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

Stupid machismo at its worst.

18. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Interesting, lift slightly (off the accelerator I assume), AND maintain your speed? I see why you believe elton now. Lift off the accelerator, and your car SLOWS DOWN, and depending on the engine power, that can be quite quickly, or slowly. It DOES NOT maintain the same speed.

:)

19. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    So sad to hear you're prepared to risk causing a serious accident and possible injuries to others on the road just to prove some sort of point :( - I suddenly find Myself with zero respect for you!

In the case of Baku, I don't think Lewis did anything deliberate to try to cause an accident, in the manner of lorenzobandini, but with the initial collision, I don't think he is as totally innocent as the FIA are making out either, and I think he could have handled the restart better.

Vettel's reaction was stupid - that's just a given, but worthy of more punishment? : I can't see it. I don't think his intention was to actually hit Hamilton's car, I get the impression that he was just swerving towards Hamilton and misjudged it.

Saying that though, what do I know?, perhaps Vettel is one of those complete di:censored:kheads who think that it's okay to risk causing a serious accident just to prove a point!

20. Gene-O

Gene-O Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2015
    My 2 cents plain. When I raced Formula Atlantic, those cars were touchy at slow speeds (waiting for re start). I considered myself pretty damn good at restarts and my best approach (when lining up just before go time) was to lightly drag brake and lightly give gas. This worked to greatly reduce reaction time in either direction, faster or slower. It kept brakes hot. It reduced throttle lag.

So in this mode I could easily and safely stay on someone's tail KNOWING they would probably try to brake check me so I was on a knife edge, listening to the other guy's revs and just matching distance. And trust me, there were plenty of brake checks.

When that flag flew I was on it and starting to pull along side in case I got the drop. At the very least it kept me close for the next corner(s).

My point is that I could clearly hear Hamilton's engine wind down drastically (brake check). In my opinion he tried to force Vettel to slam on it and get him out of rhythm... happens all the time. It would have worked except, IMHO Vettel was caught out... for whatever reason... and ding, right into the rear. So up to this point Vettel has no one to blame but himself.

What he did next... Well its all there to see.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Interesting.

22. Ah-hah. Someone with a clue. 'Very far, and very few, between. :)

23. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    So sitting at home you can out think the stewards that have access to data and everything else :confused: me think not

24. How did they disagree with Gene-o? (or myself, for that matter...) :confused:

25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yes ,i should have clarified that ...lift of slightly and then maintain your (slightly lower) speed.The hot head behind is then totally wound up like a chav spring.

This is NOT on a race track, i'm talking about a tailgater on your a$$.You are in the outside lane and you have traffic inside you doing 65-70..so you have the idiot behind but you cannot move over...,then when you are able to move to the left just drop down a cog or two and disappear into the distance. Job done!