Anybody else had enough of Brian Crall? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Anybody else had enough of Brian Crall?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by qwazipsycho, Jun 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    And that is the issue at hand. His value to owners is clear to 99%.

There is no help for the remaining 1%.

2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Brian I will say that you have been a little extra 'colourful' since moving to Arizona. Maybe there is something calming in that California sea air :)

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Nope. Less so actually.

In any event I respond in kind. No more, no less. Many here have no idea what they say or what a holes they are. I just do it unambiguously. I hate to leave people in doubt.

stalwart likes this.
  4. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Arizona? What he moved again?

5. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    A grumpy grease monkey? Wow! It's because us grumpy grease monkeys have shared information, shop manuals, wiring diagrams and much, much more over the years that idiots like you get to have information to hand to work on your cars. People that work on them are just as much enthusiasts as in it for money, and believe me, there are far, far easier ways to make money. Trashing reputed suppliers and respected techs will in the long run ruin it for everyone.

6. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Brian is like my older brother, mean, rude, grumpy, but man, was he smart, knowledgeable, very well and many years of great experience, knows what he is talking about, and believe it or not he always meant well, and he will go out of his way to help others sometimes.

My brother is not as mean anymore, not only because he's old (70) but because I punch him in the face 20 years ago about some personal stuff but he still grumpy 😡

7. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Apparently this guy would rather take his car to the dealer and drop a few grand for every Ferrari-specific hiccup and be without his car for 2 months instead of jumping on an internet forum and getting immediate info that may get the issue resolved in the matter of hours. I personally don't care to do that, so grow a pair and don't screw it up for the rest of us.

8. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    Maybe you should take a look in the mirror.

You're complaining about someone being rude, but try and take a jab calling him a "grease monkey" How are you any different?

If someone's comments online get to you, it's time to grow up, or find some real problems to whine about.

9. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Or grow a pair and learn to deal with life.

10. MisterT

MisterT Karting

Feb 2, 2011
    Fleet, Hampshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Taylor
    To be clear, Who is Brian?

11. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I have always said Brian is like a hard ass football coach that you can't stand when he is making you a better player. All that yelling screaming and cussing just is part of the process. So what you sometimes get kicked in the ass when he tells you what the right part or procedure is? Do you guys have any idea the value he brings us with his recommendations? Listen to him and he can save you thousands down the road - for free here. You can't beat that with a stick.

We bumped heads years ago until I finally realized I am an expert repairing and maintaining teeth, not Ferraris. That is his expertise.

Besides, his posts are some of the best here :D

Quit taking everything down here below P&R so seriously.

12. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.

what can hurt much, much more :)

Best
    Martin

13. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    That's a good way to put it. Although I think there are definitely better ways to coach, nobody can deny his very very valuable contributions to this community. I'm not always enjoying his hot/cold/hot/cold writing style I'll admit, but I met him once in person in and he was really nice.

14. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Brian Crall, screen name "rifledriver".

15. jaisharma

jaisharma Karting

Aug 4, 2011
    South east, UK
    Full Name:
    Jai Sharma
    To me the internet is simple, if you don't like it you don't have to read it.
    For my part I happily read Rifledrivers posts. I don't post often but we would be the losers if we didn't have his input.
    Maybe the style isn't for everyone, but in that case just don't read it if it upsets you.

16. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Brian is one of the best contributors on Fchat. He calls out home mechanics giving bad advice which potentially others might follow. I get his attitude which is similar to the usual response I give when I hear non medical people hand out medical advice.

17. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    I already said it Brian,
    you are funny.
    I just imagine how it went, when you asked them wherefrom babies are coming :)

Best
    Martin

18. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    His website still says 'Lakeway, Texas'.

19. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    ^^^This.

It's frustrating as hell to spend your time trying to help people who frequently leave out huge, important chunks of information when describing a problem, often fail to say thanks, and just about as often wind up going in the opposite direction anyway. After a while that can start to make even warm, cuddly guys like me(;)) cranky. Brian's decades of experience should earn him a little leeway. Besides, you guys in other sections have it much easier than we in the 348/355 section do. We can all be scratching our heads, trying to solve a puzzle with a bunch of missing pieces, only to have Brian come along and tell us we're a bunch of idiots without providing any other info. At least he usually tells you guys *why* you're idiots. :)

20. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    To be fair to everyone concerned, I think language differences played a certain role in the gearbox oil thread. For a while I thought you were being deliberately obtuse, but later it became apparent that it was just the way you phrased certain questions and perhaps some dry wit on your part that wasn't immediately obvious in writing.

21. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

Why did you make it so easy. I found the answer in less than 30 seconds and I am a high School drop out.....

22. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

i find with a lot of advice threads here it's best to pick your source with care.

Would you rather listen to a "know it all" amateur, a "best guess" DIY'er, or a guy with a **** ton of years experience wrenching the cars professionally with factory training, who maybe has a little edge to his posts. I'll take the pro.

I watched and participated in a thread which had Brian, and a few other "almost pros" and backyard mechanics discussing if spending $1600 on new bolts made sense when the old ones could probably be reused in an engine rebuild. rod bolts I think.

Amateur opinion was, "Sure, why not?" Brian's opinion was, and I'm paraphrasing, "Only an idiot would risk a $40K explosion by reusing the bolts."

Went on for quite a while. Brian did his best to remain civil, more civil than I would be.

I've never met him, I don't know him, but I do know his reputation and his demeanor, based on his posts here. There are maybe a couple dozen guys I'd like to meet, and Brian's one of them.

Don't like his tone? PUT HIM ON IGNORE. I guarantee you won't hurt his feelings by doing so.

D

23. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Wow, all of this from a self-proclaimed qwazipsycho? Are you sure about yourself? ;)

24. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Wow, whining about the same thing for 4 years with the same personal insults.

25. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Not that Brian needs any defense, but the reality is ...he tells it like it is without filter.

For many people it's hard to accept it. For others, they appreciate the Candor.

Can't make everyone happy all the time. It's too bad threads like these get started.

Can't we all just get along