1988.5 Testarossa for sale | Page 3 | FerrariChat

1988.5 Testarossa for sale

Discussion in 'Cars' started by IAG, Nov 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TurtlePower

TurtlePower Rookie

Dec 7, 2016
    Chicago
    I was talking to them about an F355. I'm not interested in pursuing any longer after reading this thread.

2. Gator1

Gator1 Karting

Sep 23, 2014
    Westport, Ct.
    Full Name:
    Herm
    IAG should be yanked off the sight

3. FTanner

FTanner Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    Frank
    The only thing that I disagreed with TommyDogs about was in his post #45 above where he thinks he posted a somewhat inflammatory post....there was nothing inflammatory about it! You were stating your set of facts.
    What business man in today's era goes away on vacation for a few weeks in that industry without checking his emails for weeks.
    Now this guy knows about this post and all the F Chatters with time on in this forum, some of whom own multiple ferraris and this is his answer??? Tsk Tsk

4. FTanner

FTanner Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    Frank
    On another note, I would love to know where some of you guys are paying 12k for an engine out or 25 k for an engine out and fuse box upgrade so that I could avoid that shop at all costs.

I'm not sure if people just equate money spent with perfection, if they like to brag about the $ they spent or if they are just clueless regarding the prices of parts and hours of labor for the task at hand.

5. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    There's a difference between not checking your emails and pretending to not check certain emails wink wink...at least that's my thinking.

This dealership has a lot of good inventory but these kind of practices put me off.

6. TurtlePower

TurtlePower Rookie

Dec 7, 2016
    Chicago
    I agree with you Eddie.

Ducking a customer is always B.S, even worse after he agreed to settle the issue.

7. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    I know I don't have the self restraint. Every time I waiting for an order(ie. food, coffee, Costco checkout, etc..) I'm killing time by checking email, etc. Looking around - I see 80-90% of the folks doing it as well.

Maybe when Artie goes on vacation, he is totally unplugged, or have a high degree of self control.

8. tommydogs

tommydogs Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy Robinson
    Thanks, yeah, I really, really fought against every instinct I have and tried to do things the civil way, but I'm just getting railroaded by Artie at every step. Fortunately, my company has several shopping centers in Florida, and I told our general counsel about the situation, so he's going to try to get our Florida lawyers to do this pro bono.

9. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al

It just struck me that maybe something bad happened to Artie...health related (or worse?) is there someone else at IAG you can check with regarding your agreement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    Tommy,
    I am with you on this! Hope you get what you're looking for! Good luck!

11. gtsport

gtsport Rookie

Mar 30, 2017
    Nice car. GLWS

12. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Interesting that IAG has not logged on since March 23.

13. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Somehow pro bono and Ferrari representation just seem a little incongruous to me.

14. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

They had an overwhelming amount of what we would all refer to as "modern classics" which were high production. They had a ton of testarossas that they were shooting for the moon for and never sold. On the market for years with no buyers, just asinine asking prices. All the cars in that segment took a big dive after summer 2015. Possible that they got caught with their pants down.

15. tommydogs

tommydogs Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy Robinson
    No, Artie was in the office both days I called last week -- just busy on the phone or with another customer, according to his assistant.

16. Robbe

Robbe Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2013
    The Netherlands
    Useful posting, car has been sold ages ago to the main poster of this thread, and is not for sale I assume....
    On topic, I see on their website that they are expecting some nice BB's, so it does not sound like they are closing down. Why they are risking their rep on such a low amount (even if it is a lot of cash) I do not understand.
    As we say in NL, confidence arrives by foot, but leaves on horseback...

17. Homeboz

Homeboz Karting

Jan 20, 2017
    I'm trying to buy my first Ferrari and recently joined Fchat. This is the type of horror story that gives me pause, especially from a seller/dealer who's supposed to be somewhat reputable.

Caveat emptor, indeed!!

18. Frontv12

Frontv12 Rookie

Aug 31, 2016
    #68 Frontv12, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    is this the same 'artie' that was on What's My Car Worth and had a total nuts and bolts refresh on a F-gtc4? and they put it back to factory blue?

If it is he went on about a responsibility being in this business, etc.

However, to those that are concerned about doing business, if he's in trouble, these are just machines that a PPI can map out what's really going on. One may look at that as a buying opportunity, not a reason to stay away. If you have a good reliable PPI, then the lights are on.

Lastly, to some of the other comments on BBI's, i have been watching over the recent months, and they have had 'pics coming' icons for quite some time. That not being rectified is either laziness, poor management, or something else. None of them are a sign of a good business. Just the way it is.

19. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Their Facebook page is active and posting.

20. Joey911

Joey911 Rookie

Jan 5, 2017
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Dr. Joe
    Absolutely beautiful

21. tommydogs

tommydogs Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy Robinson
    Yeah, there's no way in hell I would normally buy a Ferrari out of warranty without a PPI, but I really thought Artie was a solid guy. I was following the Testarossa market for a couple of years, and had been lurking on this site for 2 or 3 months before I decided to buy this Ferrari. I had only seen a real sense of camaraderie between the users of this site, and good things posted about Artie/IAG, so I thought he was a very trusted person, and I could believe his word -- especially if he put it in writing on a public forum. Lesson learned: get a PPI no matter what -- I don't care if the Pope himself confirms the seller as the 2nd coming of Christ. Get a PPI.

22. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    It only takes one bad good faith promise and a few clicks on social media to ruin a reputation that was years in the making. I was taught by my Italian father that your word is your bond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA

Lol am I missing something here? Yes it's a beautiful nice car...that was page 1

24. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Where is Artie! Seriously. Man up and fix this!

25. Joey911

Joey911 Rookie

Jan 5, 2017
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Dr. Joe
    Lol sorry I'm A Little behind

I honestly never seen black on black