What would you do? | FerrariChat

What would you do?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by schwoo, Apr 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    My wife and I were driving in the 458 spyder, top down. A pick up truck intentionally pulls in front of us, steps on the gas and covers us with black soot. My wife insisted I let it go. Never get into a fight with someone that has nothing to lose. Photos are examples of what happened. I think they purposely modify trucks to do this.[​IMG][​IMG]Totally no class.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

2. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    That absolutely sucks, but your wife was right to say that you should just let it go. Nothing to be gained.

By the way, the practice is called "Rolling Coal" and is popular in the "brodozer" truck culture. See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_coal for details.

3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    If you have a plate number or a photo, you could report it to the Florida State Police or the Florida Air Resources agency. Your wife has good judgment.

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Here's the law for Florida, but you can see how anyone can get around it by denying/lying:

(3) No person shall operate on the public roads or streets of this state any diesel-powered motor vehicle which emits visible emissions from the exhaust pipe for more than a continuous period of 5 seconds, except during engine acceleration, engine lugging, or engine deceleration.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

But fortunately, without photos or video, not much will happen to the trucker ****er.

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    "Truck Culture", biggest idiots/bullies/*******s on the roads.

6. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Best thing is to get a picture of the smoke, and the driver, and get the plate number. Pictures would be great evidence, but all you really need is the plate number, and be able to ID the driver to open a criminal case against this jerk.

7. lornafkmas

lornafkmas Rookie

Apr 4, 2017
    Wow, thats very serious, but i think it might work for most cases :p

8. valter

valter F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2008
    Nibiru
    Full Name:
    Vlad
  9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Posts that begin "Not trying to get P&R, but..." are usually a bad idea. :cool:

10. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Clean your car, then smile in realization that you arent so miserable inside that you need to hurt other people to get your jollies.

11. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Marquette, I saw something in a title of a YouTube video about idiot truck drivers that might give you a chuckle: "Sorry about your small penis".

There are a lot of them where I live and it seems they're sharing one brain between the lot of 'em.

12. Nativetroy

Nativetroy F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2010
    central fl
    Full Name:
    Troy
    Your wife had the right idea. Only people I've seen do that are complete egotistical idiots. No reason to piss them off. I liken it to a dog pissing on a tree. They are trying to show their dominance, though only them and their idiot buddy thinks it's funny.
    You're driving a Ferrari. You have already won.

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Ah yes, an activity reserved exclusively for the mentally feeble.

DocRogers likes this.
  14. norcal2

norcal2 F1 Veteran

Put in a dash cam..this same thing happens to me when im cycling with the smoking trucks on purpose, I have a front mounted camera I use to record all...and in California there is a complaint form I have filed as a result..good luck..