Official book collectors thread | Page 85 | FerrariChat

Official book collectors thread

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by lil squid, Jun 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    ^^^
    Thanks for the reminder. Still curious if other US subscribers are receiving their issues as long after you posted receipt of yours.

2. sylar91

sylar91 Rookie

Jan 7, 2012
  3. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I'm not sure if I'm breaking any rules, but is anyone interested in Ayrton Senna's "Principles of Race Driving". I have the book since brand new and getting rid of some of my collection. It's in very good condition and the pages and pictures are mint.

4. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    Thank you all for your fantastic recommendations and reviews of literature, which has been very helpful as I build my collection.

I received today this email from the publishers of the Phil Hill book. They are now expecting the books to be delivered by the end of June 2016.

======

Welcome to our first 'Inside Track' Newsletter

As many of you will know, this definitive book on Phil Hill’s extraordinary career – 1961 World Champion Driver and multiple Le Mans-winner – has been in preparation for many years. Now this labour of love, conceived as the finest World Champion racing driver’s book ever produced (or ever likely to be produced), is approaching completion. What makes it so special? Firstly, there is Phil’s extraordinarily perceptive and insightful first-person story as a man far too intelligent ever to have become a world-class racing driver.
    Secondly – and of singular importance – there is the stunning use of Phil’s truly remarkable archive of over 1,200 colour photographs, all shot during the core of his long career, from as early as 1950.

It has been a monumental undertaking, but at long last we are delighted to announce that the book, in three beautifully produced volumes, is now in final production ready for publication in June of this year. Please visit the 'NEWS' page on our website at

Inside Track

to find out more about the books themselves and how to order a copy.

Thank you for your support.

5. Maciek

Maciek Karting

Jan 20, 2007
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Maciek N
  6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Is there any new information about an edition in English?

7. sylar91

sylar91 Rookie

Jan 7, 2012
    From the author's facebook page:

"I am delighted to announce that FERRARI REX will be published in English by DAVID BULL PUBLISHING, one of the finest motorsports and multi award-winning book publishers in the world. The title of the English edition will be: ENZO FERRARI: THE DEFINITIVE BIOGRAPHY. It will be available in March."

https://www.facebook.com/ldm1963/photos/a.489225571279538.1073741828.488678534667575/648183858717041

8. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
  9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  10. Maciek

Maciek Karting

Jan 20, 2007
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Maciek N
    Thank you! I appreciate your opinion sir.

Bought the FXX book by Philip Bachman instead.

11. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I have the Italian version - I hope the translation is good, as its so hard to get through in Italian - so much word imagery vs. a story... however there are some very good insightful parts about Enzo & Laura.

12. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    #2112 jm2, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Balsamina

Balsamina Formula Junior

May 19, 2010
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    S
    I today received TOFM 34, so the lag in release cycle compared to Switzerland appears consistent. Reading it reminds me the 2016 F1 season seems so long ago. But if the Chicago Cubs can finally win the World Series, then the Scuderia can return to being triumphant!

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #2114 Gatorrari, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Coming from Giorgio Nada in August, and it will appear to be bilingual. I hope the colorization of the cover photo doesn't indicate what will be inside the book!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. a.v.d.winkel

a.v.d.winkel Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Best
    Full Name:
    Arjan van der Winkel
    Already ordered, here it's due to come in May (!!!)

16. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Yes of course

17. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    This must be interesting.

18. petrol head 11

petrol head 11 Karting

Sep 21, 2016
    Is there going to be a official 70th Anniversary book from Ferrari?

19. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I haven't seen any updates on his FB page or from David Bull.

20. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Hi

I wonder if any of you are aware of, or have more info on, Brenda Verner's autobiography. For those who may not know - she was Enzo Ferrari's personal assistant for two decades.

I had a wonderful lunch yesterday with a friend of mine who is also a very close friend of Ms Verner. According to him, she says her book is " with the publishers " - I wondered if anyone knew a potential release date?

I believe the title will be "My Boys" and will be a behind the scenes account of her interactions with the various Scuderia drivers over the decades. In fact Ms Verner stayed with my friend for a few months whilst writing the book.

Dave

21. piloti

piloti Formula 3
    Honorary

Jul 11, 2004
    England
    Full Name:
    Nathan Beehl
    Dave
    I'd like to know. Why don't you get your friend to ask her. He obviously knows her well.
    Nathan

22. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    I know Nathan

I asked him that question yesterday.

All he has heard from Ms Verner was that it was at the publishers .. And this was more than a year ago...

I did a search on Amazon but also nothing showing up.

When the book does show up I certainly will be trying to get an autographed copy!

23. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There was an interview with her in January 2017 Motorsport magazine - maybe that carried an update on the book

24. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Thank you - I will follow that up

25. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I read it a few weeks ago. I don't recall the mention of an autobiography. In fact she was pretty tight-lipped, and didn't reveal much new information; not exactly the kind of conversation that would be the typical prelude to a book release.