MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND | Page 12 | FerrariChat

MIAMI VICE TESTAROSSA RECENTLY FOUND

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by REALMUSCLE1, Feb 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Congrats on the purchase, UB2SLOW. I hope you'll post pics and tell us more about the car once you've had some time with it.

2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    That's an amazing story in of itself.

Congrats and when I say a big " Freeze. . . Miami Vice! " out to ya...I really do mean it! lol

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

3. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    I guess I need a new white sports coat...I don't think the one in my attic from the 1980's will still fit. :)

4. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    In the mean time....just roll up your jacket sleeves and leave your socks at home....you'll be good to go lol

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Congrats ... show us lots of pix please ! :D

6. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Congrats on the buy. On TV they did mention earlier in the week that there were like over 1700 cars IIRC and that they'll be moving them across the block pretty quickly. Poop or get off the pot as they say...

Also curious to know if there's any signs of the car being black anywhere before the white respray. Wondering how well they did the black to white conversion.

7. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    I'll post pictures and a complete report after the car gets to my home from transport. I am being told I should have it Monday. It's going to be a long wait!

8. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    UB-

Great score! Totally envious. A couple of questions-

Why do u suppose BJ gave such limited amount of time to the MV car? What kind of physical shape is the car actually in? And what type of documentation was provided proving any type of specific use on the TV show?

9. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    That car...the actual show car is owned by Preston Henn of Ft. Lauderdale FL. It's on display at his "swapp shop" market in that city.

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

10. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    There were two cars resprayed from black to white

11. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yes, but I didn't think this car was one of the two. There was talk that it could be the camera car but the sticker on the bumper was leading towards a promotion car.
    "Lear60man" works in the industry and has spoken at length to this car.

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

12. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    So this wasn't one of the two black cars delivered to Universal by Ferrari?

13. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    If you go back to the beginning of this thread....I was just brushing up...oh, it even had a pix of my old gf lol...I digress

I don't believe it was ever 100% determined if this was the second car or a promotion car.

...but the posts from the op are still hilarious as they were 4 years ago :D

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

14. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    #289 Meister, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    IMO, yes. IMO there is enough paperwork as well as presented in multiple auctions as such with no detractors sans learman. Both Mecum and BJ accepted and promoted the car as such. They have people who confirm/research your provenance as neatehr wants to be caught with their pants down on faked documentation. Ferrari NA provided a letter of authenticity, Ferrari Classique provided documentation, Universal studios title, service paperwork from dealer in the area during the time period who serviced both of the cars. Ferrari NA would know the vins of the two black cars they provided to the show, not that hard for them to dig up that info from 1986 and confirm. A lousy COA from universal on an item like a car with a traceable VIN/history is hardy the linch pin in the paper trail. It is/was the camera car and does that really make a big difference vs the glamour car, it's one of the two cars.

15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I can't say for any certainly but I will put my money on lear. He's the only one here that's been in the prop industry.

He's only been pointing out how this movie stuff gets faked all the time.

Sometimes it's the piece of paper that makes all the difference. I manufacture and lease aluminum ADA compliant handicap ramps. A company can't get their water or power turned on until the customer provides the state inspectors our little certificate of compliance.

But, this may all be put to rest very soon by the new owner. I hope it's the real deal.

Shamile

Freeze. . . Miami Vice!

16. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Big congrats on the buy. You bought a flying mirror tr below current market, with a really strong history..as you say..you stole it. Seller may be a bit hurt, but he still made 100k, which is still nothing to sneeze at. Enjoy it!

17. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    UB2SLOW,

Im sure you have read, I was the Debbie Downer. Nothing, nothing would make me happier to hear you got the camera car. I honestly hope that this purchase was the long lost car. If not, you still got a low mile TR in the best color combo ever for a reasonable price. Congratulations.

Scroll down this page and look at the filming rig:

The Amazo Effect: Cars & Music - Miami Vice

This thing had a full camera rig attached....it should have left some drill holes from mounting. This would be the first thing I would go hunting for when it rolls off the trailer....specifically behind the bumpers.

My position has always been, go in with open eyes and try to get documentation from the studio as thats the gold standard for provenance.

Thank you for posting here and enjoy her in all her glory.

Christian

Now get a Bren 10 before they totally go ballistic in price.

Freeze........sorry, thats Shamiles line:)

18. itsablurr

itsablurr Formula 3

Dec 9, 2005
    Carlisle, MA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    #293 itsablurr, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    If this is the same car, and it seems that it is, that the owner in the past year turned down a $400k offer on in the search for something closer to 7 figures, I'd say there is no joy in Mudville. Fit to be tied, more like it.

19. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I'll be at universal studios Florida superbowl weekend. Is there any office I should step in to? :)

20. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    The filming rig pictures is directly below the diagram of the Pantera "Ferrari" stunt car. That appears to be the stunt car with all the rigging in my opinion. Barrett Jackson said they completely checked the car out for authenticity before marketing the car. Ferrari donated two cars not to be destroyed in that rigging manner an intended the two cars to be hero cars and approved the stunt car... Just a thought. I will report back when the car arrives in my shop and receive all documentation in hand.

Somehow, my cell phone number has been released. I have received several calls today and VMs from around the world requesting to purchase the car! I purchased it for my collection and look forward to it coming home.

Freeze....Miami Vice!😎

21. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    The filming rig pictures is directly below the diagram of the Pantera "Ferrari" stunt car. That appears to be the stunt car with all the rigging in my opinion. Barrett Jackson said they completely checked the car out for authenticity before marketing the car. Ferrari donated two cars not to be destroyed in that rigging manner an intended the two cars to be hero cars and approved the stunt car... Just a thought. I will report back when the car arrives in my shop and receive all documentation in hand.

Somehow, my cell phone number has been released. I have received several calls today and VMs from around the world requesting to purchase the car! I purchased it for my collection and look forward to it coming home.

Freeze....Miami Vice!😎

22. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Congrats on the purchase, looking forward to some photos posted soon.

23. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Greed will get you no where, that is what it was. I learned a huge lesson in high school regarding this.

24. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Not just about a silly show, but also in terms of a 'perception bubble' regarding Market prices/value in general. I have herald the argument about too low or well bought at an auction (when in fact the buyer overpaid) on the various sub forums regarding particular models 430/360, 355, 328, etc and the value preception comes from the owners who all fall into a lemming like group think of tremendous value which is typically inflated.

25. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    Well my Miami Vice Testarossa just arrived and I am very pleased with it. My detailers are going to polish it up for me and we are making it a prime spot on the showroom floor to be displayed. The car came with a huge box of documentation dating back to new when it was first titled to the studio. It also came with the complete Ferrari Classiche certification and the VIN is on every receipt with the studio's name on them. For those wondering if it shows signs of repaint?....Yes, clearly repainted white for the TV show and was originally black as is correct. There is absolutely no questioning the authenticity of this car with the documentation I received. I am super happy!!! Anyone in the Atlanta area is welcome to come see it.